Quantcast Scrapbooking our trip.... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benny
    I was wondering where everyone gets their gorgeous paper, cards, and special little 'bits' from? I'm from New Zealand but would love to get some when I visit Florida in early January to take back to help me do my album.

You can get scrapbooking stuff at some of the shops in the parks, resorts and there is a scrapbooking store at Downtown Disney
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys, FINALLY got some pics loaded. I included some of my album, and some of each of my girls' 8x8 character albums, just to give you an idea of what they turned out like.

Sorry about the glare. I tried to minimize it, but page protectors also reflect, and I wasn't about to take them all back off! LOL!

edited due to link problem...see post below for link.
    Next visit - January 2018 OKW
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    2002 Doubletree onsite & MVMCP/1st DQ
    Sept 1999 POFQ / WL & NOJ
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    Dec 1997 & 1998 CBR & MVMCP
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jiifigment
    Ok guys, FINALLY got some pics loaded. I included some of my album, and some of each of my girls' 8x8 character albums, just to give you an idea of what they turned out like.

Sorry about the glare. I tried to minimize it, but page protectors also reflect, and I wasn't about to take them all back off! LOL!

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that only one page is coming up on the screen - and although I can't enlarge it, it looks really good!! Is there any way for you to re-post them? I'd love to see them all close up!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I think I got it fixed! Thanks!

BTW, since someone ASKED, the cool paper & stuff, came from mousememories.com. It's exclusively for them by a company called zatara. If you want to find it on the website, the easiest way is by doing a search by brand.
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think I got it fixed! Thanks!

BTW, since someone ASKED, the cool paper & stuff, came from mousememories.com. It's exclusively for them by a company called zatara. If you want to find it on the website, the easiest way is by doing a search by brand.
    Hi again! You may need to re-post the link... it may be different now, that you fixed it - the old one still comes up w/ just the one picture.

Thanks for the info re: where you got stuff... I'll have to check it out!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

That link worked!

Great albums everyone!

I used to scrap. I even used to teach in a shop.. then I got busy.

I'm behind two Disney trips already and a friends birthday present as well. Thanks for posting this, I really miss it and hopefully this will encourage me (to find time) to get back at it.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi! Yes, they're there now - and WOW!!! Your pages are TERRIFIC!! I esp. love the Everest page... they're awesome. The paper you found is great... I think I have to go shopping.... You've inspired me to get my pages out...I'm stuck on the MK parade pages, but now maybe I'll push through it!!

Great job on them - thanks for sharing!! Your kids albums are so cool, too - and I saw that you were there for Night of Joy... that's awesome... hope we can do that sometime.
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

3rd times the charm??? Or 3 strikes I'm out! LOL!
    Your pages are wonderful!! And I have to laugh - you've given me some great ideas as I just ordered (and received!) some of the same paper that you used!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickey&missy
    Ok, here's my book from last year, Disney 2005
    Melissa, your pages are awesome - I can't believe that it was your first book!! Gives me hope that my first book will come out ok!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Now a question (and remember, I'm a newbie!!) What kind of album do you guys use? This album (my first) is a creative memories one, but the one thing I don't like is that all the pages have like an "edge" to them (the word I really want to use escapes me at the moment) - so, though the pages are 12 x 12, every 12 x 12 paper I use has to be trimmed to fit on the page. Are all albums like this, or just CM??

(Thanks for giving us a sticky on this topic!!)
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

It's a CM thing. I don't like the fact that you have to trim the pages either. I prefer CMs books because of the straps. I don't like the posts because I find that if you have to add several new pages the posts aren't as staple as the straps. I'm redoing my Disney book right now because I had a book with posts and it was very unstable. My BIL dropped it and it came apart, so I redid it with books with the straps. The only bad part is, the way I did my pages I can't trim the pages to fit in properly, but it still looks good.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Carol. It's a CM thing. I went to my local hobby store and bought a little 12" paper trimmer. It doesn't have to be 12" both directions, just one. You can get one from CM now, too. It is really easy to trim the paper, but you're right it's annoying.

I've tried other albums, and I was never AS happy with the results. I figure if I'm going to put all this time and money into something, I want something I'm completely satisfied with when it's done.

I'm going to try out the new imprinting service they offer this time! I wanted a Disney album, but not in red, so I ordered the light blue one and I'm having it imprinted with the Mickey ears on the cover and the spine. I'll post pics when I get it back, but it will be a couple weeks. I will be impatiently waiting!

P.S. I think it's called Jeeping. It's meant to keep the pages from getting worn at the edges from page turning, and it's effective, but inconvenient!
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Carol. It's a CM thing. I went to my local hobby store and bought a little 12" paper trimmer. It doesn't have to be 12" both directions, just one. You can get one from CM now, too. It is really easy to trim the paper, but you're right it's annoying.
    I did buy a 12 inch trimmer (okay, I'm so obsessed with my new hobby I bought two - a straight edge one, and a wavy one!! ) The straight edge one is not CM, though (the wavy one is) and I have a hard time using it. Being so new to this, and having to measure how much to trim, and get it straight, has been a struggle for me - I've started buying extra paper just in case I goof (or I cover up with a border). I do like the CM album's a lot, but this trimming is a pain.

I've also heard the posts can be a problem, so I'll definitely stick to the straps (and probably the CM albums). Thanks for the idea about imprinting! I do have the red Disney album, which I'm using for a 2005 trip, but I'll need a different album for our 2006 trip - since I think they still only have the red, the imprinting might be a good idea!

You guys make me want to scrap all day and not get anything else done!! I think we might need to ask Carol for a scrapping smilie!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my!! I love this thread! What beautiful albums everyone has! I started scrapbooking about 2 yrs ago. I have 3 CM 12x12 albums completed and have been working on a Heritage Album for my grandparents. We have a group that meets only once a month for 4-8 hrs at a time. We all wish we could get together more. I am very much behind in my scrapbooking. With 4 children I don't know if I will ever catch up, LOL. I do however, have 2 Disney vacation albums. I try to do the vacations right away, so the memories are fresh.

I am so impressed by everyone's albums. Mine are pretty simple. I guess I'm just trying to get as much done as quickly as possible since I feel so far behind.

Dsnygirl, I'm like you with all the pictures. My CM rep always is amazed at how many pictures I can squeeze on a page and still make it look good. I also tend to want to create a page for every little event, which is probably why I am so behind. To give you an idea about how far behind I am, my twins are 2.5yrs old and all I have done so far is their baptism, plus I'm not caught up with my older DD's school yrs, PLUS, I haven't even done 1 Christmas page!!!! UGH! It's all good though, I have plenty to keep me busy, haha.

Thanks for starting the thread, this will be a fun one to check in on!!!
    Amy & Michael
    95 - Dixie Landings-Honeymoon
    00 - Vistana (OffSite)
    03 - Polynesian Isles (OffSite)
    06 - Fort Wilderness Cabins / Bonnet Creek (OffSite)
    08 - Bonnet Creek (OffSite)
    09 - Saratoga Springs / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken some Disney stickers and stuck hem to the front of my albums. I like them better then ones you can buy. I'll see if my DH will let me upload some pictures onto his laptop to show off some of my pics. My desktop is in the shop right now getting a new motherboard. If he lets me I'll get it done tomarrow after work.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000
    Now a question (and remember, I'm a newbie!!) What kind of album do you guys use? This album (my first) is a creative memories one, but the one thing I don't like is that all the pages have like an "edge" to them (the word I really want to use escapes me at the moment) - so, though the pages are 12 x 12, every 12 x 12 paper I use has to be trimmed to fit on the page. Are all albums like this, or just CM??

(Thanks for giving us a sticky on this topic!!)
    Okay - since you've actually got a CM consultant on this thread (me ) I'll give you their scoop on the "edges" down the side ot their pages. Besides reinforcing the page and strengthening it, it also keeps the pages from all laying on top of one another when the album is closed, allowing air to flow between the pages to protect the pictures and paper, etc. Pretty cool, eh?

Obviously, since I do CM now (it's been about a year), theirs are the only albums I use these days... but I have to say - I've used a lot of the same type of albums that are out there in craft stores and the like, and none have been as good as CM's. They're just more durable, and since they have a lifetime guarantee, you're set if anything goes wrong. (Okay - I'll stop sounding like a consultant now... )

Anyway - that's why the edges are on the pages - does make it a pain to trim the edges off 12x12 paper that isn't CM paper, but once you get used to doing that, it's a piece of cake!!

Glad you all are loving this thread - I am too!! I LOVE seeing everyone's pages... wish I had more time right now to be scrapping... things are a bit crazy around here.

Bring on the pages, everyone!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thread! All the albums that have been shared are great! I've definately got some ideas from looking at what others have done. So far I've scrapped my wedding album, 2 Disney albums, one album of kid pics, and an album of old family photos. Now I'm playing catch up. I have so many pictures that are waiting to be scrapped. I may never be caught up.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by conorsmom2000
    You guys make me want to scrap all day and not get anything else done!! I think we might need to ask Carol for a scrapping smilie!!
    Boy do I know THAT feeling!! I think a scrapping smilie would be a GREAT idea!! Talk about combining two addictions...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I did it!! I photographed my scrapbook to share. My camera battery ran out on the last shot (story of my life) So there are only 59 pics but the 60th is more of the same of the 75 mickey statues.
    As you can see I tend to rush it b/c my pics aren't always cut straight. I should invest in a cutter.
    Here's the link: http://family.webshots.com/photo/256...83799695YfumKn
    Last edited by MsMin; 10-18-2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: I forgot the link
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin
    Okay I did it!! I photographed my scrapbook to share. My camera battery ran out on the last shot (story of my life) So there are only 59 pics but the 60th is more of the same of the 75 mickey statues.
    As you can see I tend to rush it b/c my pics aren't always cut straight. I should invest in a cutter.
    Here's the link: http://family.webshots.com/photo/256...83799695YfumKn
    Beth, your album is great!!! I love all the pictures you're able to get on one page... that's my kind of scrapping. Your Christmas pictures make me want to go there in Dec so much.... Thanks for sharing your album!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: