Quantcast Lost Season 3 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3

Post Thanks / Like

Was I the only one that was screaming at the TV last night? Lost was amazing!

But I have a question... are we EVER going to find out why Locke was in the wheelchair?
    DisneyRoe <3

Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Fall '04 - Space Mountain Operations

Disney PR Professional Intern
    Spring 2008 - Celebration, FL

DVC Spring '08

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen-- and it all starts with a wish!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I'm the only one who was bored by last night's episode.

Polar Bear - been there, done that! Why bring it up again when there are too many other unanswered questions? That whole part was really stupid other than a kid's truck toy being in that cave. They could have simply shown Locke, Ecko and Desmond minutes after the explosion and moved right on to Hurley's return and plotting how to go rescue Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Locke still could have saved Ecko without wasting so much time.

I don't think Locke's flashback had anything to do with anything. So he couldn't pull the trigger and is a "good" person. And it wasn't like one of the "Others" was at that commune - that would have been cool.

There have already been 3 episodes this season and except for the first episode not a heck of a lot has happened.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal
    Dakota and I were blown away by how good Boone looked too! Those eyes were amazing!! They can keep bringing him back in flashbacks as much as they want!
    I agree Donna, I saw that Ian Somerhalder name was on the opening credit and I did a little jump for joy. What a little hottie.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale

Polar Bear - been there, done that! Why bring it up again when there are too many other unanswered questions? That whole part was really stupid other than a kid's truck toy being in that cave.
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I think the methods of the polar bear were odd... as far as from what I've read and seen on TV, polar bears are not like spiders. They do not live in lairs and slowly devour their prey. I wonder if they were genetically altered in any way. We still don't know what kinds of tests were done on the polar bears and how they got released so I think it was important to show that there was at least one still alive. Why is it there?

I don't think Locke's flashback had anything to do with anything. So he couldn't pull the trigger and is a "good" person. And it wasn't like one of the "Others" was at that commune - that would have been cool.
    I think it served a purpose in helping us see who Locke really is. Towards the end of last season he became more of a bad guy. It just showed how trusting he was and how many times he has been burned in the past. While it wasn't anything earth shattering, I thought it really gave us more insight into his character. Everytime he thinks he has finally acheived peace, something happens to mess it all up again. But now he has a chance to be the hero.

I dunno, I'm getting too confused by the episodes with the Others, it was nice to be back on the beach for an eppy. We didn't learn too many new things but this was my favorite episode of the 3 so far.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Locke is a gonner. I still think that once you have resolved the sins of your past, something happens to you and you are taken by the island. Boone told Locke that he had to fix himself first. My theory is that once he does that and saves his friends, he's a gonner.

The island seems to be providing glimpses into the future. Locke saw the polar bear in the sweat lodge and knew that it had taken Ecko. I wonder if the same sort of vision appeared to Desmond about Locke's speech?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lovin Disney
    But, how can all of that be explained by science? The writers still maintain this.
    Perhaps the island taps into some sort of 6th sense? Its been argued for thousands of years starting with the most primitive of cultures that drugs do not just cause hallucinations, but true visions. We did see locke actually make himself take some sort of drug before his vision. Many scientists believe that there have to be ways to utilize the other parts of our brains. Did they say everything could be explained by gerenally accepted science?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lovin Disney
    I do believe that the writers said that we would find that out this season. When??? I have no idea.

Ya' know what I don't get???

These "Others" are the "good guys"???? They keep telling us that every week but I don't see anything 'good' about them.

Also, remember last season when Anna Lucia was told that the 'Others' took the children (she saved) because they only 'take the good ones'...well, Sawyer (as much as I love his character), Kate and Jack aren't exactly the cream of the crop. Why take three 'bad' ones suddenly?

To change them, possibly?

This is just another thing that doesn't sit well with me.
    Well, but they are keeping Sawyer and Kate in jail cells and making them do manual labor during the day. And, they both have criminal pasts.

However, Jack, while being held, is getting homecooked meals and special offers from "Benry." And he doesn't have a criminal past.

Hmmmmm......
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover
    I think it served a purpose in helping us see who Locke really is. Towards the end of last season he became more of a bad guy. It just showed how trusting he was...
    We already knew that. After all, what's more trusting than giving up your kidney?

I could have done without another Locke flashback - tell me something I don't know. I don't think the writers know where the heck they're going. Yeah, we were back on the beach for a few minutes last night, but there was none of the feel of the first season. No mention of Rose and Bernard, and without Sun, Jin, Sayid and the rest there it didn't seem like the same place at all.

These writers need to decide what they're going to concentrate on and quit bouncing us back and forth or they are going to lose more audience than they did last season.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale
    Yeah, we were back on the beach for a few minutes last night, but there was none of the feel of the first season. No mention of Rose and Bernard, and without Sun, Jin, Sayid and the rest there it didn't seem like the same place at all.

These writers need to decide what they're going to concentrate on and quit bouncing us back and forth or they are going to lose more audience than they did last season.
    I agree with you whole heartly, Jane. The beach scene just wasn't the same without the rest of the group. Everyone seems to be going off in a different direction, and for me at least I'm getting more and more confused. I don't like that.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse
    I agree with you whole heartly, Jane. The beach scene just wasn't the same without the rest of the group. Everyone seems to be going off in a different direction, and for me at least I'm getting more and more confused. I don't like that.
    Oh I agree with that sentiment as well. In fact after last week I said
    It's going to be an odd couple weeks, what with so many of the characters split up. We have Jack, Kate, and Sawyer with the Others, Jin, Sun, and Sayid on foot, Hurley on foot...god knows how he is getting back by himself...And we have our friends back at the beach who may or may not be split up (Locke, Ecko, Desmond after the blast)
    But for some reason, last night didn't frustrate me as much as the first two. Even though we didn't find too many new things, I thought it was written better and brought back more of the mystery/mystical element which is what I like... Why did Locke get the vision that he did? How did Desmond know about the speech beforehand? How did Eko know it wasn't too late to save Kate, Jack, and Sawyer?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell627
    Still looking for that RRE!
    Standing just to the left of the polar bear!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse
    Everyone seems to be going off in a different direction, and for me at least I'm getting more and more confused. I don't like that.
    Amen!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the writers know where the heck they're going.
    I agree. I'm getting annoyed and to the point that I really don't care.

They'd better turn it around quick because the ratings have been dropping this season. Criminal Minds on CBS has been right on the heels of LOST and overtook it this week in some demographics.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I really thought we would find out why Locke was in a wheelchair, though.
    I have a "feeling" we're going to find out that Locke is in a wheelchair because he got shot in a gunfight between the commune and the police...No it's not a "spoiler"...I'm just "guessing".

Why was Hurley looking at Desmond so "weird" like. I wasn't comfortable with that look. Surely someone can find Desmond some pants!
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the island taps into some sort of 6th sense?
    I think that might be possible too. Eveyone seems to be having some change from the island.

I just watched the show last night because we had to delay our LOST party by one day, since we had friends of our group coming in from out of town.

The hardest thing was for me to record the show, replace the commercials with a slide show of our past parties, and Lost images, and make a DVD without actually watching the show. I did manage to do it, and acutally ended up liking Wednesdays show more than I thought I would.

The best thing about watching the show with a large group every week, is someone always picks up something the rest of us miss. I like when they bring it characters from the past. I was sure that the cop was going to shoot Locke and that's why he ended up in the wheelchair. I also agree next week's show looks crazy .... also my turn to host our party.

Did they say everything could be explained by gerenally accepted science?
    I remember this being said before by the creator, but it was quoted again in a recent article that was posted before the premire episode this season.

10/4/06 - Posted from the Daily Record newsroom by Matt Manochio

Getting 'Lost'

Is this popular ABC drama starting to lose fans with too few answers and too many twists?

Tonight marks the start of the third season of the hit ABC program "Lost." And if the producers know what's good for them, they'll tie up some loose ends and provide answers to key questions about the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815.

Like, why does Mr. Eko look strikingly like Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim outfielder Vladimir Guerrero?

On a more serious note, as entertaining and spooky as "Lost"is, viewers likely will lose interest in it should some of the mysterious stories get dragged out over the course of this season into a fourth year.

The Hatch has been blown to smithereens, and we're not sure if Locke, Eko, Charlie or Desmond have survived. (Of course they have, but there's got to be a plausible explanation about how they lived through an electromagnetic explosion that was triggered five feet away from them.)

Kate, Jack and Sawyer are being held by The Others, all of whom dress in burlap sacks. How do they escape? Or are they freed? And does it make sense that Kate looks like a supermodel but is somehow a crack-shot fugitive?

"I still like it a lot, too," he said. "I am hoping that we find out some answers -- and I'm not really picky about what answers I find out."

The show was intriguing during the first season because polar bears inhabit this tropical island. Where could this place be? I'm guessing some place in between New Zealand and Antarctica.

Producer J.J. Abrams said there are logical explanations for everything in the show.

I don't see how a smoke monster that clanks when it moves can be explained in any rational way, but I'll take his word for it.

Yauch, like many other devotees, is fixated on the numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. Hurley used these digits to win the lottery and his life has since spiraled downward. Those same numbers were found etched on a door leading into the hatch.

"What is the significance of the numbers?" Yauch said. "I'm still convinced the numbers have something to do with everything."

There always will be the geeky diehards who'll watch the show regardless of what tidbits are revealed.

These same people visit "Lost" message boards and post things like "I think Hurley is like the Buddha in that he's experienced the noble truth that suffering is inseparable from existence -- as demonstrated by his loss of Libby."

Last year's season finale was, by and large, a disappointment. More new twists were revealed than old questions answered.

There's what appears to be a broken statue -- think something out of ancient Greece or Rome -- on shore. All that's left of it is a gigantic left foot with four toes. Intriguing. But what does it have to do with anything?

I just want some answers. What is the monster? Where is the island? Who are the Others? We're likely to find out who the Others are, and whether the people trapped on the island are part of some larger experiment linked to the Dharma Initiative.

The show also needs some action injected into it, meaning there should be a long-awaited showdown between the survivors and the shadowy Others.

If it doesn't get it, and we're left hanging until year four begins, I'll probably find it difficult to get "Lost" on Wednesday nights.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Tonights episode is about to start and in the previews it did look pretty intense especially for Sawyer.
    I was reading about the show on TV Guide and they had some intresting info about next week.

SPOILER ALERT!

Question: The preview for tonight's Lost was intense. Please tell me Sawyer is going to be OK!

Ausiello: Sawyer's not the one you should be worrying about. (Spoiler Alert!) Next week, a major character (as in a series regular) whose name is not Sawyer will join Boone, Shannon, Ana Lucia and Libby in the big island in the sky. And you're not going to believe who it is. I won't believe it until I see it with my own eye.

I wonder who this will be I hope nobody that is really important on the show I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Did you notice that just before the bolt of lightening hit the golf club, the RRE flashed across the screen ???

More questions, no answers, more viewers are being LOST each episode.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pjbs35a
    Did you notice that just before the bolt of lightening hit the golf club, the RRE flashed across the screen???
    I just went back to look at that episode since I have it tvioed and didnt see what you are talking about could you please tell me what a RRE is so I can watch it again and see if I notice it?
    Thanks
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26
    I just went back to look at that episode since I have it tvioed and didnt see what you are talking about could you please tell me what a RRE is so I can watch it again and see if I notice it?
    Thanks
    RRE Stands for "Rogue Rouge Elephant." It is sort of a running gag/joke that was started in the first season. Read through the season 1 and 2 threads for reference. Some people may find it stupid, but I love the RRE!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I liked last night's episode much more than last week's. There were some good scenes. I didn't think the presence of another island was that big of a deal, but now it makes sense that Ben was freaked out by the fact that the Losties had their own boat (but doesn't explain Juliet's lack of concern). The mention that the Others have some sort of "sub" does explain quite a bit.

I'm getting to the point now that I laugh whenever I hear people complain about getting no answers and getting bored with the show.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's weird that the Others keep saying that they are not the bad guys. In reality, they keep messing with the Losties and are the source of all problems so far. It's also interesting to me that they don't really have a good doctor on the island and are dependent on Jack. Seems risky to be involved in kidnappings and shootings if you don't have a mechanism to treat your own injuries.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: