Quantcast are you flying Southwest this month?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default are you flying Southwest this month?

Hi Gang!

I just checked Southwest airlines and our previously discounted air fares just dropped another $160... However, for us, it meant staying 2 more days at WDW, tsk tsk tsk such a shame.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats! It's always nice to save more money and to spend more time in Florida is even better!

We're going in November, but already got a great rate ($135RT) so I don't think it will go down more, but it is nice to see the prices higher and what a great deal we got .

Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

we are going Oct 31 and got a rate at $49 each way!!!

Yea Southwest!!!

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we thought we had a great rate before... but from Kansas City to Orlando $34 each way through ding today... ended up saving $220.

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

When you find a better rate, do you get your money back or do they issue you some sort of Southwest credit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybalz
    When you find a better rate, do you get your money back or do they issue you some sort of Southwest credit?
    Depends on what kind of airfare you paid for on the initial reservation. Since my first fare was an Internet special and the one listed above was a DING special. I just get a credit that must be used within 1 year.

Post Thanks / Like

We're flying on Sept 28 and Oct 4.......our RT fare so far is $111.........I don't think it's going to go any lower than that!!!! IF it does (and there have been DING's for those days, just not our flight), I'lll snag it, but I'm happy now!

Only 21 more days!!!!!!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you flying Southwest this month

We leave out of St. Louis on Sept 30th, got 69.00 one way when we made our reservations, leaving out of St. Louis because my sister from Ill. is flying down with us and will ride back with her husband who is meeting us there, we are flying back on Oct. 7 and flying into KC
    (neice picking us up doesn't like St. Louis and we live half way between the two so doesn't matter much) anyway we made our reservations earlier because was afraid they would go real high and it was 155.00 one way, last week they had a special and we saved 100.00 so now my sister and I have a 100.00 voucher to use in a year, another trip somewhere so sad.

Post Thanks / Like

I was SO wishing that the cheap Soutwest rate offered through mid-Nov. I'm just not seeing any cheap flights for that time. SW is at $221 pp. Not what I call cheap. I have a credit (from a previous internet flight that I didn't take) and need to use it.
    WDW-Feb 08 ASMu
    WDW-Apr 07 POP
    WDW-Nov 04-07 POR
    WDW-Nov 01-03 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

We got great DING fares a while back for our Sept trip. $81 each for round trip including tax and everything. I don't think we could drive it for that!! I don't see how they fly it for that. I am not the biggest fan of SWA's service but I love the DING fares!!
    My 3 favorite parts of the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival.. the food, the wine, and the festival!!

Jambo!! AKV Owners as of Oct '07

Most Recent Visits:
    CR/OKW/POR Nov 2006
    AKL Dec 2006 and Jan 2007
    AKL/CR Oct 2007
    Future visits:
    AKV/OKW Dec 2007
    AKV May and Sept/Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatGat
    I was SO wishing that the cheap Soutwest rate offered through mid-Nov. I'm just not seeing any cheap flights for that time. SW is at $221 pp. Not what I call cheap. I have a credit (from a previous internet flight that I didn't take) and need to use it.
    Hiya KatGat,

From what I have been seeing over the last year. The best deals tend to be just after the first of the month, for the month you are looking to travel. So don't give up hope yet!

Are you familiar with DING? it is a software download from Southwest that they use to send out daily, sometimes 2x a day specials that are only good for a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Deals on SW DO happen.....you just have to be in the right place at the right time and the stars all have to be aligned a certain way and the moon must be full........well, maybe not to that extent, but they do happen!!! This past January, I flew DS and I down and back for $180 and that was everything! YES, I SAID BOTH OF US ROUND TRIP!!!!......so that is $90 each!!! I don't understand how they can do it either, but they do!!!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Wow those are some great rates. I hope when we fly out of KC in March we are able to get a great rate such as $34 one way. I am actually looking to buy our tickets in October or November if they extend the purchase dates by then.

It's great that everyone is able to find some great rates for their flights and spend more time and money in WDW.
    Kim
    Mom to twin girls Kaitlyn and Kimbra 11 and son Charlie 14

First WDW trip March 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missouridisney
    We leave out of St. Louis on Sept 30th, got 69.00 one way when we made our reservations, leaving out of St. Louis because my sister from Ill. is flying down with us and will ride back with her husband who is meeting us there, we are flying back on Oct. 7 and flying into KC
    (neice picking us up doesn't like St. Louis and we live half way between the two so doesn't matter much) anyway we made our reservations earlier because was afraid they would go real high and it was 155.00 one way, last week they had a special and we saved 100.00 so now my sister and I have a 100.00 voucher to use in a year, another trip somewhere so sad.
    We are also flying out of St. Louis, but we live here! We also got $69 each way, all of our tickets for $785 which I thought was a great deal.
    Upcoming trips:

Universal (1st time)
    September 5-8 Portofino Bay
    September 8-15 Poly GV Concierge
    MNSSHP

Oct 10-13 GF
    Nov 16-19 Contemporary 14th Floor

We've stayed at:
    Poly (Concierge),POR,POFQ,Pop WL (Concierge),AKL, Yacht Club (Concierge)
    Boardwalk Inn (Concierge)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mook3y,
    Thanks for the heads up to look for them after the first of the month! I do have ding and I've seen some great fares, just none from my city for the dates that I'm traveling. Maybe Oct. will bring deep Nov. savings... You never know what's going to happen as the holidays approach. I'm going to stay on top of it....
    WDW-Feb 08 ASMu
    WDW-Apr 07 POP
    WDW-Nov 04-07 POR
    WDW-Nov 01-03 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is DING?

Hey, ok just call me a rookie, but I need help finding a great airfare deal...got any suggestions? What is DING? Thanks for your help! Can't wait to go to Disney soon!
    Queen Stephanie
    1997 Allstar
    1998 CBR
    1999 Poly
    1999 Wilderness Lodge
    2000 POR/Vero Beach DVC
    2001 Disneyland Hotel
    2002 OKW
    2003 Poly
    2004 OKW
    2005 OKW
    2006 OKW
    2007 OKW
    2008 OKW & SSR
    2009 AKL & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Stephanie View Post
    What is DING?

Ding is a software program. It's available on the Southwest website. You download it to your computer. Occasionally, Southwest will offer "Ding" specials. Once the software is downloaded and set up on your computer, you will occasionally hear a "Ding" sound and a popup will appear announcing a special. When you click on the popup window, you'll be brought to the Southwest site where you'll see a list of the specials being offered.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Faline...you are a great source of information. I will check this out. Wish me luck! The Queen
    Queen Stephanie
    1997 Allstar
    1998 CBR
    1999 Poly
    1999 Wilderness Lodge
    2000 POR/Vero Beach DVC
    2001 Disneyland Hotel
    2002 OKW
    2003 Poly
    2004 OKW
    2005 OKW
    2006 OKW
    2007 OKW
    2008 OKW & SSR
    2009 AKL & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Stephanie View Post
    Thanks Faline...you are a great source of information. I will check this out. Wish me luck! The Queen
    Good Luck!

Also, Not sure if Midwest Airlines is out of your local airport or not. But, their prices have been equal to Southwest recently. Plus, they are a little nicer (assigned seats, you can purchase a meal if you would like one and fresh chocolate chip cookies on some flights! )

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: