Quantcast Anyone want to start a Disney savings club with me? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sold something else :thumb

Total needed $2,300
    Total Saved: $142
    Left to Go: $2,158

On a roll!
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

ooops....I went backwards...went to the scrapbook store...that's another story

Final amount: $4000
    Current amount saved $1150
    To Go:$2850
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Sold something small - but every $$ counts right?

Total needed $2,300
    Total Saved: $148
    Left to Go: $2,152
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melkatsam
    I'm with you! I don't like coffee at all! I drink Diet Dr. Pepper and my kids always called it my DDP. Since I've been on Intercot thought DDP has taken on a whole new meaning!
    And it's cheaper than coffee too! Of course it adds up when you have 3 bottles a day!
    My kids call my Diet Dr. Pepper DDP too. I have my pot of coffee first then my DDP.
    But I do throw $10 in my pot everytime I resist the coffee stop. looks like most of the amounts are climbing, I'm impressed. I'm thinking about buying a new camera or new video camera since I went over w/ the savings. But I started w/ nearly 3K after selling my puppies and the money left over from last trip.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

OOOO! Its my lucky day, I just sold something else.

Total needed $2,300
    Total Saved: $160
    Left to Go: $2,140
    Percentage Saved: 7.5%

Post Thanks / Like

So a few times I mentioned to DH half jokingly that I just wanted to go with DD by myself, and that him and the toddler could stay home and have some man time. Well, it looks like that just might happen.

Problem you say? Well - me thinks I might want to stay at the Poly. 1.) I get to try a new resort and 2.) The convience of the monorail when carrying home a sleepy four year old seems like it would be killer. If I do decide to do that I would need roughly 2,500 WITHOUT dining or 2,800 with dining.

If we stay at POFQ it will be alot less, and I will have a lot less to save. Hmmm decisions decisions

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My 9 yr old daughter started saving for us a few months ago. We told her we didn't have enough money to go this year so she decided she would save the money for us. She still has a long way to go but she hasn't gave up yet!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

How sweet! My dd knows we are saving to go - its a good thing her concept of time isnt fully formed yet or else she might be sorely dissapointed!

Post Thanks / Like

I have our January trip pretty much covered. (Or I will by November 16th) But I would like to scrape up the extra dough to be able to upgrade to a Savannah view room from a standard. That's $630 more. With saving for the rest of the trip between now and November and with Christmas, I'm not sure I can make it. I'm going to try though!

I am working a little extra this week so:

Needed: $630
    Saved: $30
    To Go: $600

Good luck everybody and happy saving!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I started a change can today. My girls went through the car and put all my change in there. I also decided to put all my ones and occassionally fives in there too. We have decided this will be our souvenier money. My girls have a birthday in a week and they already have 10 each that has gone in the can too. My parents give the kids 25.00 each for Christmas so we will use that for our trip too. We have decided we won't buy thousands in Christmas gifts this year we will buy conservatively and use that money for our trip as well.

We were suppose to go in November to celebrate my girls birthday but things happen so we have to wait and go in March. I told them we would still have our own little celebration for them then since this was suppose to be their birthday trip.

We will have the house rental and airline tickets paid Oct 12. I have already made our car rental reservations and will pay for those next month too.

We figure this trip will cost us 3K. We want to have at least 300 in our change can.
    Kim
    Mom to twin girls Kaitlyn and Kimbra 11 and son Charlie 14

First WDW trip March 2007

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea. I've been so bad the past two years. I've put our past two and future one trip on the credit card. Next time I have a new plan. My company has just informed us that they will be starting up the Employee Stock Purchase Plan next month. That's a guarateed 15% increase on my investment. I'm going to be able to save about $160 or so per month. This is going to be DisneyWorld money only. I'm so excited! Yay!
    Lily

Oct 1997 Disneyland
    Oct 2001 Disneyland
    Aug 2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    Feb 2006 Disneyland Hotel
    Sept 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sept 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Since I booked my trip for Dec of 2007, I had put a deposit down. So I just have a little adjustments to do. Now I need to find some buyers for a really cool purse I made and want to sell!!!!

Final amount: $3400
    Current amount saved $570
    To Go:$2830
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Default More $

I started a new part-time job last week and had to buy some new clothes. Most of my wardrobe consisted of jeans, which I couldn't wear to work. I went to Kohl's and spent $259. I was very angry with myself at the time because I couldn't find my "extra 15% off" coupon. In fact, I thought I might have thrown it away. It would have saved me $38 dollars! The gal at the check out said that if I found it I could bring it back to readjust the bill. I gave it up as a lost cause.

Yesterday I was going through some paperwork and found the coupon! Because I already had it planned to pay off the $259 next payday, I'm now going to pay off the $221 and put the $38 toward the Savannah View upgrade!

Needed: $630
    Saved: $68
    To Go: $562

Yay!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

The company I work for offers a pretty cool option. I have a certain amount of PRE-TAX money deducted from my check every week that we apply towards dependant care. It can also be used for health care expenses. Both my DW and I work, so there's after school care and day camp during the summer. As I'm sure most of you know this really adds up! Since we have to pay it anyway, why not set it up to save a few dollars by deducting it pre-tax?

The way it works is, I submit a reimbursement request along with receipts and as long as I've contributed enough to match the amount of my request, they mail me a check. We use it like a savings account. Check and see if your employer offers this kind of plan.
    Keven

06/76 Disneyland
    06/05 PoP Century - First time for the kids
    08/06 PoP Century - Celebrating DD's B-Day
    07/07 Pop Century - Celebrating DW's B-Day
    06/11 Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

April 1-7, 2006
    All Girls Spring Break Trip w/ Me, Mom, and Best Friend Jessica...Dad gets to stay at home with the doggies
    Pop Century maybe?? With discount 5 day park hopper tickets through mom's work...factor in food...and...

Total Needed: $2000.00
    Total Saved: $57.30
    Left to Go: 1942.70

Only 7 months to save up.....
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace ºOº

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread!!!!!

I would love to go to disney for xmas next year. I checked my paypal account and I actually have a little money to start this savings account. I too sell stuff online and this could potentially be a great place to save up without that easy access of a mac card!

$3000.00 needed
    $ 31.24 saved
    $2968.76 to go Will i make it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We leave in a week for this year's trip, so that one's covered. In fact, I've got about 250 extra in that account, so I'm hoping to come back with about that much still in there, to start next years vacation savings. Maybe you guys can hold me accountable so I don't overspend on souvenirs and ! I'll let you know in two weeks!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea! I'm in. DH and I have been putting all our change in a change jar for the past few months (and occasionally I stick in a few ones or a five) and we're up to 55.00 with that. And then we've been saving things like our tax refund this year and our security deposit refund when we moved out of our old aparment last month in a savings acccount and adding to that as we can. Our trip is planned for August 2007, 11 nights with my parents and sister.

Total Needed: 4000.00
    Total Saved: 1555.00
    Total Left To Go: 2445.00

We've got about ten and a half months, so I think we'll be able to make it ... I've got a few things I'm going to list on e-bay soon, and I've decided that I don't need my dunkin donuts in the morning and I can start making it at home, so that will add at least ten dollars a week.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I opened a savings account, so I am on the way to success, I hope! We changed our vacation time. We originally wanted to go for Christmas next year, but DH cannot get off work for any of December. We are choosing to go in Jan 08 for our DD 12th birthday. This also gives me a little more time to save . My DD either wants to stay at WL or CR. Big $$ difference so until I reserve the vacation, this is just an estimate:

$3500 needed
    $ 31.24 saved
    $3468.76 to go (maybe we should stay at a moderate)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Made another deposit to my savings account. My change jar is also getting larger. What's really nice about having a change jar up here in Canada is that we have a $1 and a $2 coin, which makes the change jar grow larger faster.

Final amount: $3400
    Current amount saved $670
    To Go:$2730
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ