Quantcast Lady in the Water

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lady in the Water

So what do you think this is going to be like? I want to see it but hope it's good. I loved The Sixth Sense and Signs, and I hated Unbreakable and The Village. Anyone else plan on seeing this?
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I've heard good things about it. At first I wasn't interested but I'm slowly becoming intrigued. I never saw Unbreakable, but I loved the Sixth Sense. Was very dissapointed in Signs and The Village though.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004
    So what do you think this is going to be like? I want to see it but hope it's good. I loved The Sixth Sense and Signs, and I hated Unbreakable and The Village. Anyone else plan on seeing this?
    I think we will probably end up seeing this, but my thoughts are exactly the same as yours. Really liked The Sixth Sense and Signs, but was very disappointed by the other two. It's either very good or a big disappointment. There are a couple of other movies we want to see first (Pirates, The Devil Wears Prada) but I'm sure we'll get to see this one at some point. I really like Paul Giamatti, so I'm hoping this one lands on the positive side.
    1990 - Shades of Green w/ mom, dad, sister and Grammy
    1994 - CBR w/ mom, dad, and sister
    1998 - Pleasure Island w/ sorority sisters
    2004 - CBR
    2010 - One day at MK with my new husband
    2015 - 40th anniversary celebration with my parents, my sister's family,and my family...can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JennyAnne
    I really like Paul Giamatti, so I'm hoping this one lands on the positive side.
    He's excellent!

I'll probably see this while it's at the movies. I hope it's not disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it should be a good movie. All of Shymalan's movies have been good. Most people will probably be disappointed though because they will go into it thinking it's going to be a "scary" movie like his other ones. The same thing was though of village, but it wasn't supposed to be scary, just like this one isn't. He's even said it himself that this is just a bedtime story he told to his kids with a twist ending. Don't let the trailers make you think it will be a scary movie and it should be good.
    Ex Track Tech
    Student of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem for me is that The Sixth Sense was so good, and I SO didn't see that ending coming, that nothing has lived up to it since. I remember my DH (who was my boyfriend then) had already seen it but said that he liked it so much he wanted to see it again. He was sitting watching my face when I finally figured out the twist in the movie, and then of course I had to watch it again. I have looked forward to all of his movies since, but nothing has really been as good as The Sixth Sense to me.
    1990 - Shades of Green w/ mom, dad, sister and Grammy
    1994 - CBR w/ mom, dad, and sister
    1998 - Pleasure Island w/ sorority sisters
    2004 - CBR
    2010 - One day at MK with my new husband
    2015 - 40th anniversary celebration with my parents, my sister's family,and my family...can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see this movie. I was disappointed in The Village and so I'd like this movie to redeem my faith in Shymalan as a director.
    *Melissa*

CBR-Aruba-June 1995
    Pop Century-July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lady in the Water

This movie caught my attention as well. I think I saw a review that wasn't very favorable, but usually my theory is that if the critics don't like it, it's probably a good movie!
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesLifeForMe3
    Don't let the trailers make you think it will be a scary movie and it should be good.
    You know what I let the trailers do? Annoy me! I hate whispering children as narrators. I'm not sure why it grates on my nerves, it just does.

What's interesting is that before they rated the movie, they were advertising the previews during kid movies...G and PG movies. Not anymore, especially with the trailers they're showing now. I guess if it's a children's bedtime story, the children might end up in their parent's bed!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imaprincess!
    This movie caught my attention as well. I think I saw a review that wasn't very favorable, but usually my theory is that if the critics don't like it, it's probably a good movie!
    Well, I might quibble with your theory that critics only pan good movies, but if you're right, it should be great, as a visit to rottentomatoes.com shows that it's currently got only 24% positive reviews.

He's given himself a bigger role this time, which is a big reason why I don't care to see it. I don't think he's a good actor, so having him in it big time really would ruin the story as it takes me right out of my suspended disbelief.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad
    He's given himself a bigger role this time, which is a big reason why I don't care to see it. I don't think he's a good actor, so having him in it big time really would ruin the story as it takes me right out of my suspended disbelief.
    I think it's sort of funny that he makes cameos (egotistical? ), but if he has a major role...? What is he thinking?
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I love M. Night! I think he is very talented and a real cutie pie too!! Signs is the scariest movie I have ever seen in my life! I have watched it several times and it makes me nervous every single time. I also loved the Sixth Sense and the Village. I didn't care for Unbreakable as much. I am very anxious to see this new one. It looks really creepy and I think that the Howard girl is a great actress.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it earlier this afternoon. My girlfriend and I both loved this movie. It was really imaginative and humorous even in some parts. Paul Giamatti was perfect in it and the supporting cast was terrific. Night did give himself a pretty big role in this one, and I think he even changed the script to make an allusion to his controversy with Disney (after you see the movie you will understand). He also sticks it to movie critics a little bit for the harsh reviews that they give him. Overall though it was a great movie for what it was, a fairy tale, with no normal Night twist ending. I would give it 8.5/10.
    Ex Track Tech
    Student of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Post Thanks / Like

I just came back from seeing it. I liked it. It was a good movie. The acting was very good and the story and plot was interesting.

Some of the people leaving the theater were dissapointed and I heard one girl say 'that [edited per TOS]'.

Don't go into the movie expecting a 'big twist'. You'll be dissapointed.

I like his direction and his writting. His movies are well thought out and funny. It's the little things that make his movies good. I would go see it again, but I would never take my DD.
    Last edited by Melanie; 07-22-2006 at 02:32 AM.

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I usually like M. Nights movies, so I have been planning to see this since I saw the trailer last fall. I went yesterday and I was disappointed, I found it boring, and I didn't like how everyone had no objection to doing what they were told. I don't know it just wasn't what I expected, but that's just my opinion.
    Only 1189.48 miles away from the magic

"That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up"

Post Thanks / Like

The trailers from last fall really gave it a bedtime story feeling-I hope studio repackaging hasn't promised us a thriller to make it appeal to his previous audience when it really should be a fairytale.
    I loved all 4 of his movies- even the much unloved Un breakable. I still want to have faith in M- even if his latest press is going in a distinctly Orson Welles direction!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody PM me the jist of this movie? My parents went to see it and I didn't go 'cause I'm not a not Mknight fan. I just don't get what it is about all, is it a scary movie or what???
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

the only one of his movies i have sorta liked was Unbreakable.
    the lady i was dating at the time that i saw the Village w said during the move...this is where it gets good right?
    yeah
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it tonight. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I just felt like there was a lot going on in the movie and not a lot of explanation behind things. Definetly not one of my fave movies by M.Night.
    *Melissa*

CBR-Aruba-June 1995
    Pop Century-July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to bring up an "old" topic, but in my opinion, M Night Shyamalan is one of the best writers, directors, and producers out there today. Keep in mind, almost all his stories are written by him. All of them are also filmed in Pennsylvania. I never saw Unbreakable, but Sixth Sense, The Village, and Signs were all great stories and a break from the traditional scary movies of today in many different ways.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: