Quantcast BEST Character Experience - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Peter Pan

We were in the magical kingdom and our then 5 year old was dressed up as princess aurora. We were walking in an almost deserted area kind of near the carousel in the magic kingdom (before phillharmonic was built). There was a sort of side show going on with Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Peter Pan started chasing Captain Hook down the street and we stopped to watch. Peter Pan ran past us, stopped came back, bowed to my daughter and said good morning princess aurora how are you today. She was smiling so big she couldn't even talk. He signed her autograph book, posed for a picture, bowed again and took off running down the street.
    After that we went to buy her a jasmine costume for the next day!
    1987 Disneyland
    2000 Coronado Springs
    2002 Carribbean Beach (Honeymoon)
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2006 Animal Kingdon Lodge
    Universal Portofino Bay

coming up
    November 9th-18th Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Every year we try to find Rosie in MGM. We always enjoy her. Well, last year we arrived @ MGM before the rest of our group. We spotted Rosie & ran over to her. My son (11) wanted his picture taken. I called my BIL to find out how far away they were & to tell them that we were w/ Rosie. Rosie decided that she wanted to talk to Pete (BIL) so she took my cell & started yelling "Pete, where are you? Get your butt here already". She talked w/ him until the bus arrived. Then she went outside the front gate yelling "Pete where are you? Pete!Pete! Where are you" Everyone was looking at her like she was crazy. When I spotted Pete heading for the front entrance, I told her that was him. Well she started running towards him w/ open arms yelling " Pete I'm so glad you're finally here. I've missed you." They hugged & kissed & had a great talk while laying down on the concrete while everyone watched. Needless to say, Rosie was not happy to find out that Pete had a wife. She told him that they had to stop meeting like that & that he needed to stop their relationship & try to work on his marriage. She made him get down on one knee & promise my sister that they (Pete & Rosie) would not meet anymore.
    It was a great moment.
    We will be in WDW again this November & we will find Rosie again for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

My DS's first trip when he was 4, Tigger gave him thumbs up and high fives for wearing a SpongeBob sweatshirt. Then when we were getting Mickey autographs, Mickey took my hand and kissed the back of it like a gentleman - my son loved that!!

Then we were seeing Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee and Smee kept tickling my ear!

We were there when I was pregnant with my son and saw the Genie in the WS and he rubbed my tummy!! I thought that was so cool!!!

It is funny how we remember these tiny things forever!
    I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great Mulan experience!

Another thread had several folks that felt they had not a great Mulan experience. But we did Dec '05 in China! There was storytelling going on outside the China pavillion and we walked inside the Temple of Heaven to look around.
    There were Mulan and Mushu all by themselves!!! DS got autographs and many pics and then we just "visited" with them and talked.

Mulan asked how we were doing and I said we were tired, but were "getting our 2nd wind". She didn't understand this slang phrase, which I didn't realize at first. And then Mushu and I tried to explain it. It was a cool "international" experience!!
    I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

Post Thanks / Like

The best character experience was in 2004 with my best friend. We took pictures with Chip and Dale at MGM. Well, little did we know that the picture event would turn into a dance marathon. The two characters took time out of all the autograph and picture sessions with all the kiddies around us and just started dancing up a storm with the two of us for a good 5 minutes or soo, the looks we got by some of the moms. As my friend and I would say BE PATIENT the characters aren't going anywhere. Sometimes they just want to have fun with the grown ups, every now and then. Don't you agree?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have two

In 2004 I went to MNSSHP. I was waiting on Darkwing Duck when the people in front of me had camera trouble. Darkwing motioned for me to come ahead and get my picture while they were trying to fix their camera.

In 2000 I went on the Backstage magic tour. This was before the tightened security and we got to go to the character makeup and costumeing area in the utilidors. Didn't really have any interaction but I got to see two incredibly beautiful Alices getting their makeup.
    ....There's always room for one more....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "SULLEY "RULES!!
    The best character experience was in 2004 with my best friend. We took pictures with Chip and Dale at MGM. Well, little did we know that the picture event would turn into a dance marathon. The two characters took time out of all the autograph and picture sessions with all the kiddies around us and just started dancing up a storm with the two of us for a good 5 minutes or soo, the looks we got by some of the moms. As my friend and I would say BE PATIENT the characters aren't going anywhere. Sometimes they just want to have fun with the grown ups, every now and then. Don't you agree?????
    Hey there!!

You beat me to it!!

I'm the other half of that best friend duo, and I totally agree....that was the best character interaction I can remember.....even if it wasn't with Stitch .
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have two answers.... my first and best experience was with Ariel, in MK.... my girls waited in line forever to meet her, and once they did, they were enthralled... wanted to ask her every question known to man... ... and she was great!! So kind, perfectly in character, very patient... she was a wonderful Ariel.
    My second experience was with Tigger... my girls and I were shopping in the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM, and Tigger snuck up behind me and patted my shoulder... of course, I turn, and he's not there... he's on my other side, laughing... then he goes and does it to my girls... they giggled and laughed so hard... he completely didn't have to do that, to any of us - could have just gone on his way to wherever he was supposed to be, but it made our day that he stopped and interacted with us spontaneously, and we still laugh about it.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    In 2004 I went to MNSSHP. I was waiting on Darkwing Duck when the people in front of me had camera trouble. Darkwing motioned for me to come ahead and get my picture while they were trying to fix their camera.

Wow! That must've been special, even more special since Darkwing Duck's somewhat of an obscure character! Go check out his dvd sets out now folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have THREE awesome character experiences that stand out in my mind:

BEST: I have shared this one here before...
    It was the first anniversary of 9/11 and we were in Epcot in the UK. The president came over the loud speaker and the entire park was to observe a moment of silence for each soul lost that day.
    My daughter was only 2 years old and could see Tigger in plain sight across the street. She ran to him and he played with her quietly the entire time. I got over there right behind her and whispered an apology, Tigger's handler tried to stop him from playing with my daughter, but he continued. She couldn't understand and he knew it. I cried like a baby! I will never forget that!

Next best:
    Different trip, my daughter was 3 1/2. She went to meet Cruella DeVil and Cruella notice her pink painted fingernails. She asked who painted them and my daughter told her "my daddy". Cruella said, in her dramatic, intimidating way, that next time be sure to paint them white with black spots!
    It freaked her out (in a funny way) and she refused to let us paint her nails for months!

Next best:
    We had just exited POTC ride, and we saw Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee at the building next door, on the upstairs balcony, leaving after a meet and greet.
    My daughter, then 4) started to yell "Hook is a codfish!" (Peter Pan was her FAVORITE movie for about 2 years straight!)
    To ALL of our surprise, Hook pointed at her and came barreling down the stairs after her! She screamed (with much delight) and he wagged his finger in her face and punched me and my husband on the arms. PRICELESS!! (The entire time the handler was hollering at him to return to his ship, but he played with her anyway...I LOVE that when the characters forget scheduling and "protocol" for even a moment to make some magic!)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderella & Belle at 1900 Park Faire

We took our daughters there last Sept. for my soon to be 3 yr old's birthday. I paid $12 and got her one of the small cakes and she dressed up like Cinderella - we were all taken aback when Belle came over and picked Grace up - she carried her all over the restaurant - talking to her and dancing around with her. Then Cinderella came and did the same thing! And both of the Princesses came back to our table twice and each time picked Grace up and talked with her (she was VERY vocal at 2 - soon to be 3) Then Prince Charming came and danced with her and my other daughter and the two mice continually kept coming over. Then Grace, the birthday girl, got a placemat all signed by the characters, a scepter, a crown and cape, and Cinderella and the whole cast came out with her cake, sang to her and then helped her blow out the candles - she (and we) was in heaven! We are going back next month - i don't know how i'm gonna explain that they probably won't do the same thing they did last time - LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say any of my experiances were bad but I think my fave was this year at the Akershus Princess Dinner,Alice in Wonderland was the best in character character I ever met!! She came to our table,we were two adult mind you no children!! She looked just like her,had the english accent,she kept talking about,and pointing to the ceiling,she said the Cheshire cat was hiding on the ceiling watching us because my friend had his t-shirt on and we just kept missing him! She was hysterical,she posed for pic's and wished my friend a happiest b-day.All the princesses were great,but Alice was just too funny!!
    --Missy--Mouse Fan since 71
    July 2000 Off Property
    Sept. 2000 Off Property
    Easter Day 2006
    Oct. 2006 Port Orleans F.Q.!!
    Next Trip Oct.2006 MNSSHP!!

Post Thanks / Like

On our first family Disney trip the kids were standing in line at the old 10,000 leagues site... waiting to see a few characters. The Queen of Hearts was just simply facinated with DH's tattoos. She kept coming over to him checking out his arms! She must have come back at least four times! It was so funny! The kids were cracking up! Since she was so in love with him! Since then... when ever we see the Queen... "Hey Dad... there's your girlfriend!"
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Default I may have a new favorite experience

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    In 2000 I went on the Backstage magic tour. This was before the tightened security and we got to go to the character makeup and costumeing area in the utilidors. Didn't really have any interaction but I got to see two incredibly beautiful Alices getting their makeup.
    Ok, since that experience I kind of developed a crush on Alice. This year I went to the princess dinner at Askerhaus. Askerhaus is probably my favorite restaurant at WDW. The taste of the food is only matched by how pretty the waitresses are.

All the princesses were good. They were extremely believable and very pretty (Jasmine was a knockout). They all flirted with me shamelessly since I was there alone. Alice was the perfect Alice though. As soon as she came over she said "Now this isn't right" and ploped down on her knees where the other chair would normally be at the table with her arms folded on the table. She then said "Aren't I supposed to be having desert with you?" She was the only one I took a picture with. When we got up to take the picture she asked to take my arm. Well, not only did she take my arm but she hugged me so tight it almost knocked me off balance. Yeah, I think this is my favorite character moment now.
    ....There's always room for one more....

Post Thanks / Like

These are soo sweet! My best character experience was from our trip in 03, I was in my "gothy" phase and my mom was always really good hearted about it, knowing I would grow out of it (which I have). So she had a hard time getting a angsty gothy 15 year old to go hug the characters but when we found Jafar in the Aladins carpet area I was all for it! Luckily there wasnt much of a line either but whenever I went to go up to him I didnt realize how tall he really is, I mean I'm 5'8 and he towered over me and had that creepy feel to him so I got about half the way up to him and kind of cowarded when I got up to him and mom got the best picture of him intimidating me and me just looking terriffied. Then she got a hillarious picture of me hugging him and him looking freaked out! He was so much fun!

Next trip I have to find Darkwing, he is one of my favs. I cant believe I found Friar Tuck and Launchpad McQuack this time! Yay! ^_^

Post Thanks / Like

My most memoriable moment is always meeting Mike and Sulley from Monster's INC. at MGM. I was down at Disney from Oct.12th thru Oct. 21st and YES, I saw my favorite character ( Sulley of course ). This year my husbands most memoriable character meet was seeing Darth Vader with the storm troopers for meet and greets out by the Star Wars ride.. He was like a little kid, aren't we all when we're at Disney????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderella & Prince Charming

Nov. 7, 2005. My DD's 5th Birthday. For Halloween, we went all out and bought her the special "Cinderellabration" gown, glass slippers, real tiara...well, you get the picture... We were having dinner at 1900 Park Faire, DD was in her Cinderella costume and we were sitting right beside the door where the characters would get their "cheese" and "tea" breaks. My daughter was anxiously awaiting Prince Charming. Right before he made it to our table, he had to take a break. As he walked across the room, he blew a kiss to my DD and said I will be right back Cindy. My usually very shy daughter blows a kiss back and says I will be waiting!! He came back and constantly called her cinderella. It was so sweet!
    Then, when it was time to bring her cake out Cinderella carried it out and then helped sing Happy Birthday to her. She still talks about weekly!
    Matt, Lora, Elizabeth, and Banastre

Lots of trips as kids
    April 2005
    November 2005
    August 2006
    Next trip March 2007 - First trip as DVC owners!!!!!!!!

"I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA"

Post Thanks / Like

The afternoon after my fiance and I got engaged we were wandering around the MK when we spotted Friar Tuck. We thought he was an unusual character and had no line so we headed over there. He saw our pins and we told him we just got engaged. He rouned up some guests and made us stand facing each other while he 'married' us. He encouraged the guests to clap for us and made us kiss! It was so cute and very nice of him to go out of his way to acknowledge our special day.

(we have a hilarious picture of us getting 'married' by Friar Tuck)
    *~*Melissa*~*

"A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    May 2005 - Off Site
    August 2006 - AS Sports
    September 2008 - Contemporary - CL

May 2010 - Beach Club - CL!!!
    December 2010- Disneyland! (frist trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We had an amazing experience this year while celebrating our dd 8th birthday. We had went to AK and long story short, we were asked by a cm if we wanted to be in the Jammin Jingle Parade. That was an experience all in itself, but after she asked us, and of course we said yes, we were waiting to get our photos taken with the characters at Camp Mickey Minnie. She asked us to follow her to where you take the pix's and there was a photographer waiting and all of a sudden, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Santa Goofy all came out to take pictures with us. The CM's sang Happy Birthday to dd and the characters danced with her. We had all 4 characters all to our selves for 20 minutes and pictures and memories of a lifetime. This is what Disney is all about.
    1972-1990 Various WDW trips.
    10/94 - Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    01/97 - Contemporary
    10/02 - Nicoles 1st trip - Animal Kingdom
    12/03, 12/04 , 11/05, 11/06, 11/07 - Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

my best character experience is so old. i don't remember how long ago it was but it was awhile ago.

my dad had gotten injured by one of those stilt walkers. the guy stepped on a piece of popcorn and he tripped and fell on my dad and hurt his shoulder. then later in the trip they took my family to a special room where we got to meet with cinderella and snow white. it was so cool and so special. they had them sign pictures and they sent them to my house. i have autographed pics from snow, cinderella, and minnie. plus, the woman who used to be snow white, is now sometimes the cinderella's fairy godmother in the parade at the MK and during christmas she's usually ms. claus. she was her in teh parade on tv.

i have others but cant remember them at the moment.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: