Quantcast Who has had a Disneyworld Wedding?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who has had a Disneyworld Wedding?

Please tell me how cool it was!!!
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Cool...

Post Thanks / Like

It was my dream come true. We had a beautiful ceremony and small reception. All the little details were taken care of and it was just a glorious day for everyone involved.
    Many, many trips (30+) since 1978 when I was three... oh what they started!!
    Upcoming: WL 12/10
    10/08 DCL & Pop Century
    8/08- Disney Panama Canal EB Cruise
    9/07, 9/06-Pop Century
    3/05: Disney Wedding!! GF Concierge (5 days) and POR (3 days)
    3/05: 7 Day Disney Cruise (eastern)
    5/03: AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Not me yet....However someday my dream will come true with a disney wedding and my handsome prince anthony. I just was posting to let you know that there was a fabulous disney wedding special on the food network last night. It was new I believe. I have never seen it, I had seen an older one but this was great. They showed three different weddings in three different locations, tons of food and lots of information about the details. Check your local information for showtimes!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse
    Not me yet....However someday my dream will come true with a disney wedding and my handsome prince anthony. I just was posting to let you know that there was a fabulous disney wedding special on the food network last night. It was new I believe. I have never seen it, I had seen an older one but this was great. They showed three different weddings in three different locations, tons of food and lots of information about the details. Check your local information for showtimes!

I saw that, it was wonderful to see how well done the weddings are at WDW. But then again, I wouldn't expect anything less than a fairy tale. I would love to do that for DD some day, but it will be beyond my financial spectrum. They said the average Disney wedding is around $70,000. OUCH!
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

They said the average Disney wedding is around $70,000. OUCH!
    I think that you misunderstood. They said that the average wedding in the United States is 22,000 and that will get you a wedding in WDW for 100 people. The 70,000 that you are referring to was the one girls wedding. But understand she had it all:
    carriage ride
    major domo
    huge flower arrangements in the church
    huge flower arrangements in the reception
    crown service
    a huge cake
    and a bridal tea the day before at the grand floridian
    also included in that price was her rehearsal dinner
    I am sure there are many more added prices also, she spared no expense with anything.

I have heard that disney weddings are no more expense than a wedding in your home town if you keep them simple- the added expense becomes the travel for you and your guests.

The one thing I did noteon the show was that when the bride and groom were dancing all of the guests were watching and taking pictures. I have been to weddings where people just talk during the dance, it just shows that the people who come to your wedding farther away really want to be there for you. It is truly beautiful.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I did see that special,and it was awesome!!!Thats where I got the idea to post my question.I really would like to renew my vows there,but I am wondering where in DW I would like to do that !
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I have just started talking about renewing our vows at WDW on October 26th, 2011. That will be our 20th wedding anniversary. Since we eloped, this will be our first real ceremony. It will still be small with mostly just family, but it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait!
    Lily

Oct 1997 Disneyland
    Oct 2001 Disneyland
    Aug 2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    Feb 2006 Disneyland Hotel
    Sept 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sept 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw that special last Saturday evening. What a great show! Very informative. It would be a dream come true.
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were just married in December of 2005 and thought about a fantasy Disney wedding, but after looking into it, we realized that the money we would spend (we paid for our wedding ourselves) could go to better things, like the expansion of our house. It would have been nice, but our wedding was perfect just the way it was.

Okay....(and not to be catty) but the girl's dress in that food network special really left something to be desired. The one where they spared no expense. Truly, my DH asked where the other part of her dress went and if it was supposed to be like that on purpose. Yikes.
    Disney Annual Passholder for 10 years and counting....

Post Thanks / Like

There is more information on Disney Weddings at www.disneyweddings.com. Who would have thought!? A web site just for Disney Weddings!
    Lily

Oct 1997 Disneyland
    Oct 2001 Disneyland
    Aug 2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    Feb 2006 Disneyland Hotel
    Sept 2006 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sept 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
    Nov 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

After looking into renewing our vows Disney style,I think we will do them home and just go on a 2nd Honeymoon there ! If my husband was a Disney freak like me,it would be a different story,but it is very expensive !
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGrrrl View Post
    Okay....(and not to be catty) but the girl's dress in that food network special really left something to be desired. The one where they spared no expense. Truly, my DH asked where the other part of her dress went and if it was supposed to be like that on purpose. Yikes.
    Hahaha! I totally agree...she looked like she was on a soap opera or something.
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was the only one who thought "With all that money spent, she should have bought a nicer dress".
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I had our wedding in Oct. 2006 at the Wedding Pavilion with the reception at the Grand Floridian. We had 55 people attend. We had a elogant wedding but not over the top. Just the right combination of things. WDW did an excellent job with all of the arrangements. We did have an occasionally issue here and there. But nothing major. Price tag was just over $30K. However, WDW says the average wedding is about $22K. The sky is the limit though. They pretty much can do anything you want. But it all comes with a price. They give to you a package of ideas and thoughts to start with the prices. And they will customize your ideas with your input. Overall, my wife and I both agree we would do it all over again. It was a unique experience that you once in a blue moon.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by Calizone; 05-25-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Hit the submit button by accident.
    10/06 Grand Floridian
    5/05 Port Orleans Riverside
    8/04 Port Orleans - French Quarters
    5/02 Old Key West
    6/00 Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: