Quantcast The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Now Playing)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Now Playing)

Wed Feb 1, 6:26 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co and Walden Media have started pre-production on a second film based on C.S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia" children's books, a Disney spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The second film, "Prince Caspian," starring the same four child actors as "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," is expected to be released in 2007.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," released December 9, has earned $634.4 million at box offices worldwide, according to online box office tracking site Box Office Mojo.

By domestic box office results, it is the 28th most-viewed film ever.

Disney and Walden split the profits equally from the "Narnia" films.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prince Caspian-Official Trailer

Here's the link to the official trailer for the next in the Narnia series, Prince Caspian,which comes out May 16th,2008.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Website

My personal thoughts:
    I've read all 7 of the Narnia books and Prince Caspian is one of my favorites. After watching the trailer i was very disappointed. I thought there was alot of content that wasn't in the books. And the content that was in the movie and the book looked different. I'll still be going to see this movie and i'm still excited..But i'm expecting to come out of the theater disappointed
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

hm.... Prince Caspian is my favorite book in the series. It looks so much different from the movie. That's dissapointing.

It looks scary. My 4 yo brother loves the LWW and is looking forward to this movie to come out. I'm not so sure he would like it now.

On the other hand, it looks very exciting. I'm into action movies (Lord of the Rings espescially). This looks like it'll be different from the book yet a good movie.

Isn't it funny how much older William Moseley (Peter), Gergie Henely (Lucy), and Skandar Keynes (Edmund) look? Anna Poppelwell looks like she hasn't aged though. She's beautiful as ever.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes!

Aug-Sept, 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    April, 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
    October, 1997 - Dixie Landings
    February, 1995 - Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it funny how much older William Moseley (Peter), Gergie Henely (Lucy), and Skandar Keynes (Edmund) look? Anna Poppelwell looks like she hasn't aged though.
    Yea i thought Lucy and Edmund looked older..Though Peter and Susan look the same to me..I can't believe who they have for Caspian(he's 26)..He doesn't look right at all..Caspian is supposed to have blond hair,blue eyes(it says that somewhere in the book i think) and to me he doesn't have that youthful innocence that i imagine with Caspian because he's so young(In the book he's around 13 years old,i think)...
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, don't get upset yet. Remember that they piece together scenes that may or may not be in the final cut (often they are not) and they do it in such a way as to appear interesting to those who have not read the books (which is most people) and often have nothing to do at all with the way the film actually plays out. The movie is still months away from being in its final form, so you never know
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Caspian is too old. It's sad. Caspian has always been a very special character to me. You're right about the not having youthful innocence. Something just isn't right about this guy. sigh

Oh well. I still look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks great, and I also think I will hold out for the actual full-length feature before I decide on liking the actor playing Caspian. I can't make decisions like that from a 1 minute trailer.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

*humbles self* So maybe I made a quick judgement. It's just that Prince Caspian is one of my favorite books and I get passionate when movies differ from the books.

It does look exciting and cool. I'm just worried about it being against the book.

(I am a huge book worm)

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer seemed okay..I didn't like the first movie at all, so my hopes are pretty low for this one..but time will tell
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for the movie, thanks for the trailer! I'm going to miss Tilda Swenson, she was so fab in the LWW.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a preview for this... not sure how I feel about it. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Counting down the days til it comes out! May can't come soon enough.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

You can check out info on either the The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Website or the Narina Prince Caspian Yahoo Page ... I am really excited for this film!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Only 15 more days! WOO HOO! I am so happy that the good summer movies are finally right around the corner ... the past few months has been kind of blah in the cinema.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Only 2 weeks to go!!! I can't wait for the 16th- I am going to the midnight show. Soooooo excited!!!!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to seeing Prince Caspian as well as the new Indiana Jones, both of which come out in May.
    Also looking forward to The Dark Knight and Wall-E.

Coolest thing is - we live 10 minutes from New Jersey's only Drive-In movie theater still in operation. 8 bucks/adult and 3 bucks/child and its always a double feature.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

26 year old Prince Caspian?

No No No No No No No No No

Nothing to do with "how they do it" or "thinking the actor looks wrong" - that's changing the fundamental basis of the story.

Won't be going.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased tickets for Friday night, my kids are so pumped to see this movie as am I. They have a midnight showing on Thursday and one of my DD's(11) friends is going but since it's a school night I nixed that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Coolest thing is - we live 10 minutes from New Jersey's only Drive-In movie theater still in operation. 8 bucks/adult and 3 bucks/child and its always a double feature.
    Drive In's are great and from what I understand are making a huge comeback. A few years back a new one opened in our area with state of the art sound and it is super clean. When they first opened they played a lot of 2nd rate films but last year they started playing new releases in a double feature format with a cost of $6/adult and $1/kids. I can take my family of 6 for around $30 with snacks. Unfortunately it's been to cold and rainy here so we have yet to have the opportunity to go but once the weather turns we'll be there.

The only downfall is this place is insanly popular and is usually sold out 2 hours before the movie starts so we have to arrive very early. They do have swings, basketball, putt putt, an arcade and $.50 horse wagon rides to bide the time which makes for a fun family night.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch Ben Barnes (Caspian) and Switchfoot on Jay Leno last night? Switchfoot did a great job performing their song for the movie. I officially like Ben Barnes, too. He seems down to earth and I'm really excited for the movie.

Why is everyone saying they imagined Caspian as a boy? In the book, it says he's about Peter's age...?

I do think that the movie will be a lot different. I don't remember the White Witch being in the book so why is she in the previews? Also, from the clip on Jay Leno, Caspian and the Pevensies meet in a different way than the book...of course, I guess I will just have to wait and see!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: