Quantcast You know you're obsessed with VMK when...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post You know you're obsessed with VMK when...

...you roll your baby's highchair over to your desk so you can play VMK while you feed him

...then you get so wrapped up in searching for hidden mickeys that you forget you're supposed to be feeding him and he falls asleep

...but you don't even notice that he's asleep until you come out of the fireworks game and realize how quiet it is!

...and then instead of feeling properly ashamed of yourself, your first thought is that you will tell your Enter Caught friends about this and they will lol !

People, I need serious help!

[ June 05, 2005, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: janebanks ]
    Jane Agnes Banks
    I was aka Agnes in VMK

"Course heading, Captain?"
    "Second star to the right... and straight on 'til morning."
    --Chekov and Kirk
    The Undiscovered Country

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's O.K. My whole family thinks I am insane now. They are always making fun of me for playing VMK. I can't stop. I am finding myself thinking about it when I am not even home. That is crazy! It is funny because when I get on and none of my favorite "friends" are on there I get sad. If that isn't scary I don't know what is..... I also freaked out tonight when I couldn't get on! Help me too! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    "You can call me Flower if you want to!"
    1989 first Disneyworld trip; 2001 Disneyland Grand Californian; 2002 Disneyworld Offsite; 2003 Disneyland Hotel; 2004 Disneyworld AKL; 2005 Disneyland Hotel; 2005 October trip to Grand Floridian; 2006 January trip to Disneyland Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing you do after coming home from work, where you have been sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours is log on to get a fix before dinner.

When you announce to your family memebers you want to be on VMK between 7:00 and 7:30 the latest cause you are going to meet your friend Berri who you worked and talked with all day

If you have a college placement test and you say you aren't going on VMK cause you need some sleep. Then you give yourself a 9pm cut off time to go to bed, then 9:30, then 10:00 and it would have kept going up had VMK not booted you off and you take that as a sign
    Meaghan (Meag)

VMK Name - Meag

DVC Member since '99 Home:Boardwalk

Next WDW Vacation: Unknown...how sad

Post Thanks / Like

I've been having VMK dreams! I've always had vivid dreams but now I can read the conversations and I'm entering different rooms at Disney. This is serious stuff

Also I find myself telling my DS he can't use the computer because I need to do something important, and then I turn around and log on to VMK! Yikes when he catches me I'll be in trouble

And janebanks - I've done something similar! One day my DS was watching TV and all of the sudden it gets really quiet and I realize he's fallen asleep. Instead of taking advantage of that time to get something done, I keep playing VMK!

[ June 05, 2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: mars ]
    °o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°··°o°
    VMK ID: Mars
    You are a toy. T-O-Y toy! °o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°··°o°

Post Thanks / Like

</font>
    • You start spelling numbers as won, too, tree, for, hive, sick... too and tea, for tea, hive tea...etc.</font>
    • You start spelling greetings as "aw low ha"</font>
    • You've strangely found out that on VMK you can say kills but not love. </font>
    • You've not only found all 50 Mickeys, you've written all of their locations down and help people find them.</font>

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

You won't let your kids play on the computer because you are "doing some work". My poor kids have been wanting to play their games and I don't want to get off to let them. We need another computer in this house soon.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

...when you're too busy playing to make dinner. I had to force myself away from my computer to eat!

...when you were present for both the opening and closing of vmk for the day. Yep that's me. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    WDW CM
    Adventureland/Liberty Square Attractions
    ºoº
    -------------------
    your cadavorous pallor betrays and aura of foreboding...

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by LittleSpirit02:
    You've strangely found out that on VMK you can say kills but not love.
    I found that really odd too!
    WDW CM
    Adventureland/Liberty Square Attractions
    ºoº
    -------------------
    your cadavorous pallor betrays and aura of foreboding...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Agnes!! You're too funny!! Good topic by the way, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who is crazy about this game!!

Sometimes when I'm washing the dishes I swear I can hear the music from the tiki room in the background, lol [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] !!
    VMK ID: Punchcat

Post Thanks / Like

...Your laundry is piled so high you can't reach the top.
    ...Your husband has lost 10 pounds in the last week because you've told him to fend for himself 6 out of the 7 dinners.
    ...You dog growls at you because he hasn't seen you in a week and no longer recognizes you.
    ...The flies have begun to swarm around the kitchen sink.

LOL Ok, maybe it's not that bad, but give me a few more days and I swear it's possible.
    Code Name: Berri<br /><br />2 trips with my family as a child...years unknown....<br /><br />April '95 Off site<br /><br />June '99 All-Star Sports<br /><br />May '01 All-Star Music<br /><br />May '02 Boardwalk Villa's<br /><br />June '03 Disney's California Adventure (for a day)<br /><br />June '05 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

OK now I know I am obsessed. I had constant dreams about VMK last night. When I woke up this morning I had to admit my obsession to myself.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

</font>
    • You type an entire email without any punctuation whatsoever.</font>
    • Inexplicably, you refer to your husband as your "male wife" or "other half" on a far too frequent basis.</font>
    • You start reading feng shui books so that your VMK room will be arranged in a peaceful, harmonious way. Meanwhile, your male wife has to use various piles of dirty dishes as landmarks to find his way around your actual house.</font>
    • You ride the real Jungle Cruise and startle your fellow passengers by screaming "YES! SCORE!!!" every time you take a picture.</font>
    • You start whistling the background music from your room.</font>
    • When explaining the day's VMK activities to others in your household, you refer to your friends HauntedMansionFreek, CutiePye, and Guest12748 with a totally straight face.</font>
    • You lie awake at night wondering what kind of games they'll have when they finally open Frontierland, and also, do those green sandals really go with that purple Tink t-shirt, or was your friend Diznyrulz just being nice when she said yes its fine seriously i promise?</font>
    Clayton (A Girl)

MY NAME IS AWESOME AND I CAN COUNT TO POTATO!!!

We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do...and all our wishes will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

You know its bad when you start whistling, and realize the song is from Central Plaza
    °o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°··°o°
    VMK ID: Mars
    You are a toy. T-O-Y toy! °o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°···°o°··°o°

Post Thanks / Like

I too have had VMK dreams and dream of conversations between me, punchcat and snarky.

- When the family is fighting over VMK and who gets the computer so you actually go out and buy another computer. Of course it is a gift to our boys for getting straight "A's". At least that is what DH and I are saying. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

- Even when you log off you feel like you missing something and log back on!

Originally posted by DisneyOrlando:

Sometimes when I'm washing the dishes I swear I can hear the music from the tiki room in the background, lol [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] !!
    Hey Punchcat, you must have alot of dishes! You were washing them in the corner of Meag's room for a really long time! LOL!

Lisa [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ June 07, 2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Tinkermom ]
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

So tonight... my real friend calls on a real phone and I tell her I can't talk because I'm helping snarky kill the pirates (insert very long quiet pause here). She has no idea what that means and yet eventually she started to laugh and said "Your pathetic. You have no life" and she hung up.

[img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Patricia:
    So tonight... my real friend calls on a real phone and I tell her I can't talk because I'm helping snarky kill the pirates (insert very long quiet pause here). She has no idea what that means and yet eventually she started to laugh and said "Your pathetic. You have no life" and she hung up.

[img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    I'm beginning to agree with your friend... we have no life.

My clue is... you've been telling yourself "5 more minutes" for the last 4 hours...
    Okay, class. Optical orbits up front, and remember, we keep our subesophageal ganglia to ourselves. That means you, Jimmy.

What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?

A stranger. From the outside. Ooooooooooooh.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by DisneyLiz:
    My clue is... you've been telling yourself "5 more minutes" for the last 4 hours...
    I do that all the time! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I say "I have to leave by 10" and then suddenly it's 11!
    Meaghan (Meag)

VMK Name - Meag

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Tinkermom:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DisneyOrlando:
    Hey Punchcat, you must have alot of dishes! You were washing them in the corner of Meag's room for a really long time! LOL!

Lisa [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]She was there for a very long time! Those must have been some seriously dirty dishes [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] Sorry I couldn't wait for you to come back.
    Meaghan (Meag)

VMK Name - Meag

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by gonk12:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LittleSpirit02:
    You've strangely found out that on VMK you can say kills but not love.
    I found that really odd too! </font>[/QUOTE]Can you say like on VMK? How come you can't combine tree and limb on VMK? [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lost here. what is VMK??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: