Quantcast Hurricane Frances Updates & News - Page 12

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, give me a break, guys. This just seems like the most opportune time to resurfuce hurricane-related rumors.

I think its so sad that they probably just spent a trememdous amount of $ and man-hours to clean up and replace so much landscaping, and its all getting torn up again.

All in all, I'm not too worried about WDW- they are likely the most prepared of any place in FL. Its all those CMs and other Floridians I worry about- this must be just devestating. Pixie dust to you all.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    mickeymousemom Guest

Originally posted by Main Street Jim:
    So keep that *pixie dust* coming, we can use it!
    Another load headed your way~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*----->>>>>>>>
    Stay safe everyone [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

All buildings on WDW property are built to withstand 150mph+ hurricane-force winds, according to the specially-designed Reedy Creek building code, which is different from the Florida state building code. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    -------------------------------------------------
    I think this is one of the most interesting aspects of the history of WDW. The Disney Co. was able to get autonomous control over their property . Ordinarily this would be a bad thing if major corporations got that much independence , but it worked out for Disney. Instead of skirting codes and building things cheaply, they actually upgraded over existing government codes . Those safety upgrades are paying off now that all these terrible storms are cutting through central Florida.
    Everyone please stay safe over in central and eastern Florida . We're thinking of you over here on the west coast .
    " Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

Goofy Girl, If you had to stay in your room for 30+_hrs., how to do you get meals? Can you go to the food court or not? Could you tell us how the resorts handle this? I think it would be interesting for all the people here to know how all that works.

God bless the CMs that are there at WDW and helping. They are truly dedicated and we thank them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the memo that was shoved under my door last night.
    One thing it mentioned is that mousekeeping would not be available and that we should make sure we have enough toiletries to last.
    They recommend a visit to the merchandise or quick service dining location to obtain non-perishable food.
    The hours for the dining locations were:
    Boma: breakfast 7-11am brunch/lunch 11am until weather requires closing. cost $14.99 adults $7.99 kids
    Mara: open from 6am till weather does not permit outside access
    Jiko: open for lunch buffet from 12 noon till weather requires closing $11.99 adults $5.99 kids
    Box meals with beverage distribution: open from 11am till weather requires closing cost $5.00 for (sandwich, chips, beverage, fruit, and dessert)
    Zawadi Market Place open from 6am till weather requires closing.
    All the other places like the lounges were going to open but close when it go too bad.
    In room dining and the pool bar were going to be closed Sat and Sun.
    They had advisories also:
    stay on far side of room away from windows
    keep connecting doors open unless privacy needed
    do not double lock doors in case of emergency
    leave room blinds closed and all patio furniture in the room
    if resort looses power, stay in room
    They offered movies to watch
    Finding Nemo
    Monsters Inc.
    Brother Bear
    When I was checking out another guest was given a list of events that were going to take place to entertain them till it got bad.
    Now this list did not consider that the hurricane would stall and take longer to get across the state. I'm sure it has been updated since I was given this last night.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brenda for the inside scoop. We just keep getting wind squalls (35-45 mph) with rain down here, Sarasota County. How about JAX?

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Not getting too much yet, just a couple of showers every now and then. The wind has picked up a little, not bad.
    They expect the St. Johns river to rise about 2ft. The beaches are showing more waves and is more windy than normal.
    We are not expected to get it bad, mostly rain and maybe low tropical storm winds. Our main problem will be the rain, all of our retaining ponds are filled and if we get too much rain they will end up overflowing.
    It's been 40 years since Jax has been hit and so far we are heading for 41, lets hope we can make it, it's been getting busy out there lately.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Brenda, Thanks for the post. We live in Gainesville. We, too, will get the lasting rain because of the stalled front.

Digger Guest

I was just hitting golf balls in the backyard into what I'd 'a 3-club wind' in golfer-ese. so it must be about 30-35 mph around our little part of the Tampa area. we wait.....have a [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] wait some more...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting, Digger. Still hoping and praying for everyone's safety...

Post Thanks / Like

all you CM's buckle up and stay safe.
    i changed my flight to Tues am and Karen at MJ changed my res. so im expecting to see everyone there safe and sound..
    and i have a friend in Kissimee and Ft Walton beach/Pensacola so will be hoping the best for them too.
    see you all Tuesday...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Just listening to a 90.7 WMFE fm radio station, not sure where it's out of, on the internet.

To all the CM's and residents of Florida on the board (and not), thoughts and prayers go out to you all. Be safe!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyboy98 --- Thanks for the information about the streaming audio.
    But, Why is the rum gone?<br />-=Capt. Jack Sparrow=-<br /><br />Indecision may or may not be my problem.<br />-=Jimmy Buffett=-

Post Thanks / Like

To all our friends in Florida, please stay safe.
    My thoughts are with you during this time.

WDBO540-Orlando. is on 24 hr hurricane watch and is available on the WWW.

Kevin AKA Womble

NORTHERN New York 43° 12\' 10"N, 73° 47\' 46"W
    Post Thanks / Like

For accurate weather info on central/coastal Florida and Hurricane Frances, goto&gt;
    http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/currentweather.html
    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

click on the doppler radar image in the map, then click 'loop' on the left side menu

[ September 05, 2004, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: izy ]
    Next visit to my happy place șoș
    June 2012-Coronado Springs
    June 2007-Coronado Springs
    July 2004- Coronado Springs
    Aug 2001-Coronado Springs
    Nov 1998- Wilderness Lodge
    April 1995- Dixie Landings
    April 1993- Carribean Beach
    April 1993- Port Orleans
    Feb 1990- Fort Wilderness
    șoș șoș șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to the current radar loop:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/D.../si.kmlb.shtml

very impressive...
    John Y
    Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
    INTERCOT, Mousehut & Webdisney

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

-Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the radar sites guys. Looks like Orlando, Kissimmee and LBV are going to be on the northeast side of the storm. Not good.
    If anyone gets reports of CMs needing help would Intercot Staff please start a discussion giving possible ways we can be of assistance?

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Brenda and all, As I said we live in Gainesville and our power went out this morning as the wind and rain picked up. There is more coming. We were without power for an hour. It just came back on. Already we have a giant mess in our front and back yard. This is just the beginning for us. Anyone hear how the Disney Parks are holding up?

Post Thanks / Like

U.S. National - AP

4 Million Without Power As Frances Strikes

STUART, Fla. - Hurricane Frances pounded Florida relentlessly with high wind and heavy rain Sunday after it smashed across the state's east coast, knocking out power to 4 million people and forcing residents to withstand a prolonged lashing that shredded roofs and uprooted trees
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

Tune into the weather channel. They have someone on location near downtown Orlando giving reports. Anyone there who can give us a Sunday morning update on the area around the parks?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: