Quantcast Hurricane Frances Updates & News - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Donalds Duckie:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TinyTink:
    Oh no, here we go again! Another one of these headed our way! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] Please being praying and thinking of us here in Florida. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    Hey, TinyTink, prayers have been rising up from Texas since Frances started heading your way. Everyone PLEASE KEEP SAFE as you possibly can.

John, you be careful out there too. Don't venture out with your webcam if it's not safe
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, I was just gonna point it out my hotel room window... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    John Y
    Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
    INTERCOT, Mousehut & Webdisney

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

-Abraham Lincoln

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by JohnY:
    Well, it is looking more and more like I may be stuck here. My flight was scheduled to go out on Saturday around lunch time. I tried to re-book on Friday to leave, but was told it didn't look good.
    Welcome back to the Sunshine State, John! We think the hurricane party should be in your hotel room. I make pretty good margaritas, Jeanne is bringing chips and dip, and I'm sure Ed can donate a case of beer.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

You're going to get him evicted, Ron.

Look at that. John is singlehandedly bringing back the Disney web cam! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Cool....the return of the "Hurricane-cam"!!

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Tink19 Guest

Yes..please send your prayers. I live south of Tampa and I normally don't get upset or worried about Hurricanes but this one I am scared and VERY nervous . I hope all is well here. Please pray and send lots of pixi dust guys! Thanks to everyone for praying for all us Floridains [img]smile.gif[/img] . I am VERY nervous about this one . I'll keep everyone updated too. Thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by WDWdriver:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JohnY:
    Well, it is looking more and more like I may be stuck here. My flight was scheduled to go out on Saturday around lunch time. I tried to re-book on Friday to leave, but was told it didn't look good.
    Welcome back to the Sunshine State, John! We think the hurricane party should be in your hotel room. I make pretty good margaritas, Jeanne is bringing chips and dip, and I'm sure Ed can donate a case of beer. </font>[/QUOTE]Hey what about me? Can I come to the Hurri-cam party? You know, since as of right now the thing is supposed to pass right over my house anyway I am going to need a few margaritas to keep my mind off of being scared for my house!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

We live in S. Florida and have reservations for CBR this weekend and can't figure out where the "better" place to be is The forecast is not helpful yet.

Post Thanks / Like

My mom works at the Orlando International Airport and just called me to say that the airport will be closing at 6pm on Friday and will remain closed Saturday.

I work at Discovery Cove and have not yet heard if and when we or Sea World will be closing.

I will be taking my DS-4 to IOA tomorrow to get his and my mind off things. Will try to see if they have any info also.

I will update with any changes.
    Kris

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Texans think alike -- we changed our reservations this afternoon also. You are right PlutoGal, it's just not worth the risk, and we probably would have been stuck in the room for most of the trip anyway -- or the airport if we could have even gotten there.

We pushed ours back 4 days and will be leaving out on Tuesdsy night and returning to Dallas on Sunday night.

I can handle the possibility of a tornado popping up in an isolated area, but a category 4 hurricane heading straight for you is crazy.

Hope everybody who will be down there gets through everything safely.
    12/05: ASMusic * 10/05: Boardwalk & AKL * 5/05: Pop Century * 12/04: Pop & ASMov * 9/04: Pop Century * 12/03: POR * 12/02: POFQ * 5/02: PO Riverside * 12/01: ASSports * 12/00: Wilderness Lodge * 5/97: Dixie Landings * 4/92 * 6/90 * 7/87 * 6/85 * 6/82

Post Thanks / Like

How are things at the parks/resorts now? Have any official announcements been made yet or is it still too early? Is there any evidence that hurricane plans are going into effect?
    '72 Polynesian
    '76 Contemporary
    '96 Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    '01 Wilderness Lodge
    '02 All Star Movies
    '04 AKL/PC
    '06 WL
    '07 CSR/ASMo

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by stitch626:
    My mom works at the Orlando International Airport and just called me to say that the airport will be closing at 6pm on Friday and will remain closed Saturday.

Just curious... do you think your mom has any idea when the airport might re-open? possibly Sunday afternoon/evening or definitely not until Monday?

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can somehow sneak into Orlando airport from Atlanta Sunday evening after Frances has passed, or better yet missed the area entirely.

[ September 01, 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: SoundQ SVT ]
    Bob Johann
    SoundQ SVT
    10/11 Beach Club Villas (traded into DVC thru RCI)
    07/09 stayed offsite
    03/05 Carribean Beach
    09/04 7 night Land & Sea - Beach Club and Disney Wonder -Cancelled due to Hurricane Frances
    03/03 Port Orleans (FQ)
    03/01 Port Orleans (FQ)
    03/00 Port Orleans (FQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by micurealsoon:
    How are things at the parks/resorts now? Have any official announcements been made yet or is it still too early? Is there any evidence that hurricane plans are going into effect?
    Things are pretty much normal. Watched wishes from the California Grill tonite. Speculation is that the parks will be closed on Saturday. But as of yet, nothing has been announced. I'll let you know the second it is.

Is Stitch 626 is correct, I am definately here.

Anyhoo... regardless, we here at ICOT will keep you up to date on what's going on whether I am here or now.

Latest timeline has the storm hitting land 3-4 hours later than thought earier today. We'll have to see if that holds.
    John Y

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

-Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Due to Hurricane Frances, a temporary cancellation and "No Show" policy has been adopted for travel agents who have booked reservations through Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Travel Company (agents that have booked through another tour operator should contact that company for its specific cancellation policy).

"No Show" penalties will be waived for any Guest arrivals between Wednesday, Sept. 1 and Monday, Sept. 6, 2004.

Agents with clients arriving between Wednesday, Sept. 1 and Monday, Sept. 6, 2004 can have their reservation rebooked for another time period and apply the existing deposit/payment, or cancel and have the deposit/payment fully refunded.

News regarding DCL Bookings Disney Cruise Line continues to monitor the storm and adapt operations to ensure the safety of Guests, Cast and Crew. The hurricane is predicted to pass through the Bahamas on Friday, Sept. 3 and is expected to impact operations at Castaway Cay on Sat., Sept. 4.

The Disney Wonder will sail as scheduled on Thursday, Sept. 2, remaining out at sea where Guests can enjoy better weather a safe distance away from the effects of the storm.

The revised 3-night itinerary aboard the Disney Wonder will be:

Thursday, Sept. 2-Port Canaveral
    Friday, Sept. 3-Day at Sea
    Saturday, Sept. 4-Day at Sea
    Sunday, Sept. 5-Port Canaveral

The Disney Magic previously altered its itinerary early this week and is safely out of harm’s way.

We will continue to update you on any additional operational changes that may occur.
    John Y

-Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

I am scared to death. I'm calling out of work thursday and friday. Luckily I have off during the weekend, but I tried to get a flight out so i could be home and safe, but there was nothing flying out to philly, atlantic city, newark, or jfk. So I'm stuck here. I tried to get a room at the contemporary (because I figured a big concrete slab would be safe, but there is nothing available. In fact, there are no rooms available until Monday ANYWHERE on Walt Disney World Property.)

So with that said, I'm here in the path of the storm without my family and I am scared to death. I want more than anything to be back home right now.
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

J9...I understand your concern. I'm down here in southern FL and when my mom got home from work, we put all of our shutters up.

You are on the college program right? I'm very confident that Disney would not put any of you CP's in harms way. Listen to whatever they tell you (perhaps the apartments have shutters?) and you should be okay. If you are really scared, take a friend and go to a shelter.

Best of Luck to all!
    *Shannon
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by JohnY:
    I'm also considering heading out to see if I can find a webcam to hook up and broadcast live from the hotel here for as long as the power lasts.
    John, you should be okay with power since all lines are underground. Service was never interrupted during Charley three weeks ago.

I'd rather come out to property and stay since I'm almost certain we'll be losing power here again. It took five days last time to get my beloved A/C back on! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

You can bet that you're probably in the best possible place. Good luck and enjoy your stay! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll be safe back in home in Philly while Frances passes over Orlando. I just didn't have a good feeling when I called the apartment managers and asked what the plan was if we got evacuated and got their answer of "we don't have one, we've never had to evacuate..." So yeah, you can see how that didn't sit well with me. And the news here is going nuts. I was crying I was so scared. I SAW a tornado touch down feet away from me during Charley and got evacuated then and it was so scary and i don't want to go through that again....especially without my family by my side. So I'll be safe in good old Philly -- even though I have to call out of work for three days...oops!

I couldn't find any cheap or direct flights and my dad said to quit worrying but then my roomate's mother called and said she was flying her home to Reno for about $1000. That's when I started to get nervous because my third roomie has had a flight out for months and the fourth roomie is clueless (and annoying). So I sucked it up and charged $600+ bucks and got a flight home through charlotte and raleigh. It's so worth it. I'll be back in Disney on Monday evening.
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we dodged most of Charlie's effects here in Ocala, but it looks like it's time to pay the piper here (If the track stays as is). From what I'm hearing locally and from Orlando, MCO will close Friday around 5 or 6 (Earlier if winds warrant). If the present track is correct, expect 24-36 hours minimum of cleanup and repairs to get the airport operable (Tuesday?).

The latest local forecasts changed from Sat at 2PM for landfall in southern Brevard County (Melbourne) which would have put the eye over the Kissimmee area around 6-9PM. Now they are predicting sometime Saturday 'PM' for landfall in the Melbourne area, Sunday 'PM' around Ocala/Gainesville/Cheifland. we're expecting the eye, or whats left of it if it degrades like Charlie did, about 12-18 hours after land fall here in Ocala.

Gotta tape and board tonight or tomorrow (depending on changes to the tracking), cut down some worrisome tree limbs and make room in the garage for cars, outdoor furniture and other missiles. Fun, fun, fun. Oh, well, we go down to the AKL on the 29th, hopefully mother nature will have this out of her system by then.
    Former CM (MK Mdse 92-95)

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stitch626:

Just curious... do you think your mom has any idea when the airport might re-open? possibly Sunday afternoon/evening or definitely not until Monday?

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can somehow sneak into Orlando airport from Atlanta Sunday evening after Frances has passed, or better yet missed the area entirely.
    </font>[/QUOTE]No word yet on reopening. It just depends on the path Frances takes and how much cleanup needs to be done. I will keep y'all updated as long as there is power.

John Y- enjoy your extended stay.
    Kris

Post Thanks / Like

Having lived on Cape Cod all of my life, I've been through my share of hurricanes. They are nerve wracking to say the least, especially with big trees
    around the house. To those of you that live in Florida, God Speed. I will be thinking of you all.
    For those of you thinking of still going, use your heads. Your lives are worth more than any money you will be losing. Also, if you do get down there and the storm is a direct hit, the power will probably be out and you'll be hanging around for nothing, more than likely hindering in the cleanup. Take the time to reschedule.
    '04 POP Century<br />'03 off property<br />'01 POR<br />Others too numerous to mention, off property.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: