Quantcast *What Would You Do If You Went to WDW Alone?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

I am venturing to Disney World alone for the first time. (Actually, I will be there four days alone; then my wonderful daughter flies in to meet me.) My plan right now is to spend time at the pool, visit various resorts for my meals (I do have a car at my disposal), and only go to the parks a couple of times. I thought I would take advantage of Tuesday in the parks, which is an early entry AND late night. Then, I thought I would go one more day to the parks. I also think I will go to Pleasure Island and hang at Comedy Warehouse for an evening.

What MUST DO things would you all do if you were visiting the World alone?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything that you would do with a group. I just went alone for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't limit myself on anything. I went to the parks, did the rides I wanted to do, saw the shows I wanted to see, ate what I wanted when I wanted, shopped as long as I wanted, sat and rested when I wanted. I think that when you're alone you should do whatever makes you happy and comfortable and relaxed. If that means sitting by the pool and reading a book or napping, then by all means that is exactly what you should do. If that means riding ToT 10 times in a row, then that is what you should do. I don't think there is a MUST do when you are alone - just whatever you feel when you feel like it.
    Summer 1978 - off site
    July 2000 - CBR
    May 2001 - PoR & AKL
    Dec 2002 - WL
    Apr 2003 - ASs
    Feb 2004 - Poly
    May 2005 - ASs
    June 2006 - ASs
    June 2008 - Pop
    June 2010 - PoR
    May 2012 - Hilton Garden Inn
    June 2014 - Floridays Resort
    December 2014 - CBR
    March 2015 - Swan
    June 2015 - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I'd *definitely* take advantage of the single rider lines!!!Have fun!!!
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

I would go to the water parks and go on everything. (My daughter is just learning to swim so we can't do that right now).
    I'd also spend an entire evening partying at Pleasure Island. I've never even been there.
    I think I might get a little lonely only when I was back in my room, with nobody to talk to.
    But it sounds like an adventure. I'd try it if I ever got the chance to. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    When will my reflection show who I am inside? - Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

Great question! I'm heading to WDW alone for the first time in March. It's only for a long weekend, so not really enough time to get overly lonely. I plan to do everything I want to do without having to worry if everyone else is having a good time or if there is something else they would rather do. I'll go with my family hopefully later this year, but this weekend is for ME! I can't wait! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I went to WDW in October while DH had to work. I finally took the Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom which was very interesting. It was nice to be with a group for a little while. I wish I had gone on the EPCOT tour also.
    Honeymoon May '98 @ Dixie Landings<br />Addicted ever since!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to WDW solo several times and going back for a 5 night solo trip for my birthday in July.

Solo trips are great, where to start. Your day is your own! You do what you want, when you want, where you want.

Ride what you like as many times as you like. Single rider lines are helpful and riding solo I've had some great seats (like that single seat directly behind the driver on Kilamanjaro Safaris, an entire boat to myself in Pirates at MVMCP last Dec., etc.) Many times CMs call out for a single rider, I've been lucky there too.

Dining is a breeze solo. Never had a problem making a PS for one, even last minute. Seems they have always been able to squeeze me in. CMs have always been very friendly and provided excellent service to me as a solo diner. And, a big plus at WDW...I've never been seated in a bad location dining solo as I have experienced a couple of times outside WDW.

You can change your plans whenever you like! Decide to head back to resort early? No problem! Park a bit crowded, want to hop to another? No problem! Want to change PS? No problem!

You'll find that guests and CMs strike up conversations much more readily than if you are in a group of people. I've met some great folks traveling solo.

I enjoy doing WDW solo just as much (sometimes more) as going with family and/or friends. Enjoy your time alone and don't forget to let us know how it went when you get back!

[ February 23, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Donalds Duckie ]
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

I went as a chaperone with my teenage son's high school band a few years ago. Needless to say, I was alone in the parks the whole time while they took off in different directions. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. While at MK I went on all of the rides plus explored every shop, nook and cranny that I had never seen before. I got a lot accomplished and enjoyed myself. I am sure you will too!
    2012 MNSSHP
    2012 Tokyo Disneyland
    2012 Hong Kong Disneyland
    2012 WDW
    2011 Disneyland
    2011 WLV
    2009 WLV
    2007 SSV
    2005 WLV & AKL
    2003 Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
    2002 Wilderness Lodge
    2001 Dixie Landings
    2000 All Star Resort
    1999 Disneyland
    1998 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I've been alone for a couple of days a few times after a convention. In fact, if I've had a convention in Orlando, I purposely stay a couple of extra days to take advantage of the "Saturday night stay" advantages with the airlines and that I love the opportunity to tool around WDW by myself. It is a different experience, and its wonderful to be able to have your own agenda.

I basically went to whatever park whenever I wanted, skipped what I wanted to and rode Test Track 3 times in the single line in less than an hour.

The cast members also seemed especially friendly, especially those in the World Showcase at Epcot.

Enjoy it!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would do EVERY tour that they have to offer! When I am with the family, I don't want to "cut out" on them for a tour, but I would definitely do them if I was alone!
    1975, 1984,1988 and 1989- daytrips
    1991-HoJo Fountain Park
    1996-Dixie Landings
    1997-Residence Inn, LBV
    1999-CBR
    2001-WL
    2003-GF
    2004-Poly concierge
    2005- CSR
    2006-POR for EE prieview in Jan.
    2006-YC
    2006-Field trip to Animal Kingdom
    2006-CSR

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I visit WDW alone on a regular basis. There are some benefits to being alone. If you want to sleep until noon, you can. You can go to your favorite park and visit your favorite attractions without having to compromise. etc. etc. etc.

For a fun dinner alone, I suggest 50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney/MGM. I've had some great times there. There are many funny stories, too many to list here. I'll just share one from my last trip. It was August, and I decided at 6:00 that I wasn't in the mood for a counter service dinner. So I took a chance and stopped at 50's Prime Time. Believe it or not, I was seated within a half hour. By the time my meal ended, I felt as if I had just had dinner with my extended family. Midway through the meal, I went to the ladies room. As I was leaving my table, Cousin Bill wanted to know where I was going, and he wasn't too quiet about it. Everyone started laughing and asking the same thing. Cousin Bill reminded me to wash my hands and also told me there would be a test when I returned - I had to tell him the color of the soap. As I came back into the room, everyone asked me what the color of the soap was. One thing led to another, and my stomach hurt from all the laughing. My entire meal was that crazy.

So, if you're looking for a fun place to eat lunch or dinner while you're alone, I recommend trying the 50's Prime Time.

[img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

[ February 23, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Sylvia ]
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank everyone for the multitude of responses. I am now looking forward to my time alone. I can't wait to play Millionaire a bunch of times in a row. My husband hates it!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: