Quantcast A Star Wars Wild Weekend -- Day One 5/13/04

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

A Star Wars Wild Weekend -- A PolyGirl40 Trip Report

5/13/04 – Day One – Will We Ever Find Our Room?

May 13, 2004 – Hot & Humid (86/68)

Starting Line-up:
    Me: Carol
    #1 Son: Jeremy

Dates: May 13-17, 2004

Today was our travel day. Jeremy stayed home from school since we were leaving for the airport by 11AM. We flew out of Hartford via Song. It was so cool having the satellite TV option. You also get a choice of 2 pay-per view movies, music channels, game play and “our flight”. I read and kept my monitor on the flight channel. It was very interesting watching the flight pattern and knowing all the little details going on while in air. I’m not a very good traveler. Nonetheless, I get antsy after an hour. However, the time did seem to pass very quickly with the TV.

Our flight was uneventful and landed on time. Happy Limo was waiting for us when we proceeded down the escalator. Our luggage was out fairly quickly and we were on our way in no time flat.

This was our first visit to Coronado Springs Resort. Wow! Is this place HUGE! We went right to check-in since it was after 3PM. Our room was ready. We were upgraded to a water view. (I must admit that without a balcony the water view was really no big deal.) Our room location was a lot closer to the Main Building than most. We were in Casita 3 on the 4th floor – room #3482.

We got lost. This place can be like a maze if you’re not paying attention. It was our fault. We opted to not use bell service. We wanted to walk and get accustomed to the location. We found Casita 3 with no problem. The room was another story. We kept going around in circles and could not find the elevator. We did get great views of the courtyard and pools along the way. Forget the elevator! We ended up dragging our 4 bags up the 3 flights of stairs. Oy. Finally after about 20 minutes of visiting every hallway but our own, we found our room. It was a nice tour. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]

The Casita rooms are decorated in a Southwestern theme. Lots of greens, tans and corals. There is a table with 2 chairs, armoire with ample storage/drawers and an open closet near the sink area. We typically do not like a split bathroom. However, Coronado Springs' rooms provide a privacy curtain that blocks off the sink area from the sleeping quarters. It worked out great. I could get ready early in the morning without disturbing Jer.

A small 4 cup coffee maker, blow dryer, iron and ironing board were provided as additional amenities. There were extra pillows and towels on the closet shelf. Nice room!

We hadn’t eaten lunch so we were hungry. We wanted to scope out the Pepper Market and headed there for dinner. It is set up like a Marketplace. The theming is great. It is basically a food court but works a bit differently. Each person gets a card. You take your card to one of the 8 stations (kitchens). When you select an item your card is stamped. You pay at the end of your meal when your card is tallied up. It eliminates paying at a bunch of registers. However, you must pay a “service charge” since wait staff seats you and brings your beverage.

I opted for an ice tea and went off to the Grill Kitchen for some rotisserie Chicken and a baked potato. It was fresh, moist and yummy --- very tasty. I also selected a slice of German Chocolate Cake from the Bakery. YUM! Jeremy decided to have pizza from the Pizza Kitchen. (no surprise.) He waited forever. I thought he got lost again. It took over 15 minutes for his pizza to be ready. He was quite annoyed when he got back to the table. That passed quickly once he started eating. He deemed his pizza delicious. He chose a huge chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Total for our meal was $31.07.

After dinner we explored the resort some and headed for Downtown Disney. Jeremy wanted to check out “Once Upon a Toy” and their Star Wars merchandise and I needed to go to Guest Relations to activate my Annual Pass.

The bus stop for our section is right beside the Main Building. A bus came within 5 minutes and we were on our way. We spent a few hours shopping and realized we were running on empty and very tired. Travel days seem to do that to us. We opted to head to Guest Relations and then back to the resort. Oops! They would not activate my Annual Pass voucher ticket without a photo ID. I’ll have to do it in the morning. I wanted to avoid that since it was the first day of Star Wars Weekend and I expected masses at the gates. Live and learn.

We were back in the room by 11PM. I put in for a 5:30AM wake up call. We wanted to be on that first bus heading to MGM bright and early. Sleep came quickly with visions of Ewoks dancing in our heads! [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img]

Coronado Springs Photos

Next Up:

Who turned out the lights? – Star Wars Mania & the Best Chicken EVER!

Edited to change the tagline date to the 13th. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ May 20, 2004, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you finally found your room! CS is the one moderate I've never stayed at, thanks for the details and the pictures. Look forward to hearing about your Star Wars experiences!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Looks like your off to a great start. Thanks for the details about Coronado Springs, I would like to stay here at some point. Can't wait to read about the next day! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, glad you finally found your room! Sounds like you're off to a good start! Thanks for the pictorial tour!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Nice first day, Carol. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm so glad you guys liked CSR. Great description!!
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the pictures! It looks like a very bright and happy place to stay at. Sounds like you guys are off to a great start!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] I've been waiting for you to start your report! Thanks for sharing the pics. Looking forward to the rest of your report.
    Tam
    12/03-offsite 6/04-offsite
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    12/05 Magical Gathering!-House rental
    6/06-offsite 10/06-offsite
    1/08-First trip with baby!!
    Universal-11/08 HRH. Added MVMCP and a day at Epcot for my Disney fix!
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

When I read your pre-trip report I was hoping you would like Coronado - it seems you did. (it is our favorite!)

Great report - looking forward to reading more.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carol! I've really been looking forward to your trip report. I've been very interested to see what you think of CS. Sounds like your trip is off to a great start (minus the unscheduled mini tour of the resort)!

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Susan

First visit - January 1972 Polynesian "Village" Resort (I was 5)
    Visits (1972 - 2007) - 18 all to Poly/WL/BCV/POR

Next Up: Nov 09 Wilderness Lodge

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carol!! Sounds like a good start. The room looks really nice!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As usual, A great report ! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Great pictures. Seems like it has beautiful grounds.So at least you had nice scenery to look at while you were lost.

Looking forward to the next installment.
    Hºoº lly

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

WDW repeat guest since 1989!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great first day report. I've been interested in hearing more details about CSR and you delivered.
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

Post Thanks / Like

Good start. Thanks for the report.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

You're off to a great start it seems, minus forgetting your ID!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

The resort looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read more!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

What a fun day and you weren't even at a park!

Now, I'll bet you'll never forget getting lost looking for your room.

Thanks for the report and the great pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your off to a great start. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by lovewalt:
    Seems like it has beautiful grounds.
    The grounds are absolutely beautiful, Holly. Photos can not do it justice. Flowers line the entire lake side and sidewalks. They're also very fragrant. We spent one day walking the entire circumference of the lake just looking at the flowers and different themes.

Very nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Carol - I am so happy for you that you were able to pull off this quick trip with your son. To share that time together and have it center on his love of Star Wars will make this a trip you both with cherish forever! Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. Can't wait to read more of your MGM adventures.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful resort ! Travel days definately are exhausting -- can't wait to read about SW weekend.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: