Quantcast Little ones and the pools

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard of the new rules that are on the Disney ships now. They are enforcing that non-potty trained children are not allowed in the pools. This is including children in "swim" diapers. Apparently this is not just a Disney rule, but most cruise ships are following these rules. It is a health issue.

Has anyone else heard this?
    Too many to count-my grandparents lived in Winter Haven.
    Off site 10/95, 5/98, 12/07
    CBR 5/00, 5/01
    POFQ 5/01,12/04
    FWC 12/02
    CSR 12/03
    YC 1/05
    POR 12/05
    AKL 1/06, 1/07
    CR 1/04
    ASM 12/07
    5/02 Magic Eastern
    5/09 Magic Western

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard something similar to that but it was going with out swimmers. All children under 3 had to wear swimmers??? I think that was it but don't quote me on it. We went on a cruise last New Year's and my daughter was in swimmers and it was okay. Also last year she was still not potty trained and we brought swimmers to Disney World and it wasn't a problem. Hope this helps. Lisa
    Contemporary 1976<br />Poly 1981<br />Poly 1983<br />Hilton @ Downtown Disney 1992<br />One Day Trip from Hell 1998<br />All Star Sports 2001<br />Carribean Beach 2001/9/11

Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it, and from reading some other info on other sites, there is a United States Public Health Service requirement that only children who are toilet trained be permitted into swimming pools and spas aboard cruise ships.

Obviously, the swim diaper really gives it away that the child is not potty trained. But I'm thinking the parents of any child under 3 might find themselves asked to leave the pool. I'm going on my first cruise, so I don't know first hand, but I hear from others that draining the Mickey and Goofy pools (the children and family pool) was a very regular occurrence.

I'm sure Disney will do what they can to create additional fun activities for those non-potty trained kids, but I am betting this will be quite an inconvenience to many.
    July, 1986 Offsite<br />September 1994 All Star Sports<br />May 1999 Offsite<br />May 2000 Hilton WDW/PO Riverside <br />June 2001 AKL/Beach Club<br />December 2001 HRH/Courtyard DTD<br />Disney Wonder 12-15-2002<br />Mickey's Very Merry 12-19-02<br />Disney Magic Eastern May 29 2004<br />WDW Swan June 6-9 <br />(so I'm addicted!)

Post Thanks / Like

We were on the Wonder in June, and I didn't notice any posters or warnings about kids and the pools, but we were not traveling with non-potty trained kids so I may have just missed it (I can be pretty oblivious [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

I did notice that our health club here in Ohio has instituted new, stricter regulations about kids having to wear swim diapers, so perhaps regulations are getting tighter everywhere.

There are a lot of nasty pathogens and parasites that are transmitted by contact with human waste, so from the health standpoint I suppose the regulations are justified. They're just difficult to explain to a child.

Stitchfan
    "Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.". . .

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was on the Magic in May and this rule was not in effect then, but apparently it is now. I spoke to a DCL rep on the phone yesterday and he did say that non-potty trained children were not allowed in the pools. They could not were diapers of any type.

I just thought I'd pass this along for any parent that was taking a non-potty child so they won't be surprised when they get on the ship. Hopely the crew members will enforce this rule since it is a health issue.
    Too many to count-my grandparents lived in Winter Haven.
    Off site 10/95, 5/98, 12/07
    CBR 5/00, 5/01
    POFQ 5/01,12/04
    FWC 12/02
    CSR 12/03
    YC 1/05
    POR 12/05
    AKL 1/06, 1/07
    CR 1/04
    ASM 12/07
    5/02 Magic Eastern
    5/09 Magic Western

Post Thanks / Like

This one is going to be tough to enforce.

I know you and I would not try to circumvent the rules that are in place for our safety.

But some people are going to insist that their 1-year old is potty trained and will take the kid into the pool without diapers of any kind.

YUCK!!
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Yep! I think you'll see some of that. Those are the same people who "reserve" pool chairs, wear shorts to the dining room at dinner, and otherwise choose to follow only the rules that suit them.

Oh well, hopefully the health regulations will force it to be more enforced than some of the other "rules"
    July, 1986 Offsite<br />September 1994 All Star Sports<br />May 1999 Offsite<br />May 2000 Hilton WDW/PO Riverside <br />June 2001 AKL/Beach Club<br />December 2001 HRH/Courtyard DTD<br />Disney Wonder 12-15-2002<br />Mickey's Very Merry 12-19-02<br />Disney Magic Eastern May 29 2004<br />WDW Swan June 6-9 <br />(so I'm addicted!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: