Quantcast Coast to Coast Disney - Day Ten

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Cast of Characters:

Jane (aka ChipDale)
    Ron (my husband)

Trip Dates:

Wednesday, September 18 – Monday, September 30

Resort:

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel

Day Ten, Friday, September 27

Up at 7:00am again today. Made coffee, showered and woke Ron up. We stopped at Guest Services to pick up our reserved Fantasmic balcony tickets for tonight and were at Disneyland right after the 8:30am opening. We got our usual coffee and mocha and browsed the shops on Main Street. We found some really neat Main Street U.S.A. items by Jane Wooster Scott (note cards, gift tags, notepads, mug) for my mom in the Disneyana Shop, along with a really cool Disneyland Railroad denim shirt for my dad. We also got a new hardbound coffee table book about Disneyland. We had everything shipped home again. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] After our little shopping expedition, we stopped in at the Carnation Café for a nice sit-down breakfast. Desiree was our server and brought us coffee and milk. I had the Mickey Mouse waffle with bacon (yum!) and Ron had the Café Scramble. [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] We enjoyed our breakfast, watching the people walk by on Main Street. The park already seemed more crowded today than the past three days.

After breakfast, we rode It’s a Small World and Alice in Wonderland, then Pirates and the Mark Twain. Walked back down Main Street to see the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln show. We were lucky and caught the beginning of the Walt Disney Story, browsed the exhibits, then the show started. I don’t care for the headphone portion of this show - they really dumbed it down. The part where Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address is excellent though, so we wanted to see it once. After this show, it was time to line up for the 11:45am Billy Hill show. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] We enjoyed the show and left Disneyland for DCA. Caught the 12:30pm set of the Barncats, then hit the beer truck in the Pacific Wharf area for a “refreshment” and came back for the 1:30pm set. After that we went back to the room to take a nap. Napped until about 5:00pm, took a shower, ironed some clothes and got ready to go back over to Disneyland for our Fantasmic balcony reservations. We arrived back in the park about 7:30pm, stopped at Rod’s piano to say hi, then walked over to the Disney Gallery to line up for our 8:30pm seating time. Ron and I were the first ones to arrive, guaranteeing that we’d get first choice of the seats. We spent the wait time talking to a really nice family from Minnesota and one from Northern California who also had balcony tickets. At 8:30, a CM came down and led us upstairs where we got to see part of the brand new Haunted Mansion exhibit that wasn’t opening until the next weekend. [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Ron and I were seated first (front row) and another CM took our drink order. We helped ourselves to the dessert buffet. Tonight they had a few kinds of cheesecakes, tiny strawberry tarts, tiny éclairs, cheeses and crackers, and a couple kinds of cake. They really do a nice job on this and it’s so much fun sitting up there watching the crowds. We listened to the pre-show music, then the lights dimmed and it was pitch black! They’ve recently refurbished Disneyland's show and it looked absolutely fantastic! We loved it as always, and it was fun to see it alongside people who had never been to Disneyland before (the family from Minnesota). They were enchanted by Fantasmic and told us it was worth every penny to do the balcony seating (I agree). After the show, we hung around a little on the balcony until the crowds thinned out, then walked back thru Fantasyland to get to Rod’s piano on Main Street. Rod had a huge crowd tonight and everyone was singing along with his playing. We stayed until park closing and chatted with Rod, then said goodnight and slowly walked out of Disneyland. Since we had a good nap this afternoon, we walked over to the Disneyland Hotel and had a couple of [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] at the Lost Bar before heading back to the room. Watched some TV, then went to bed, very happy from another perfect day at the Disneyland Resort! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

What a wonderful, relaxing day! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Nothing better than seeing Fantasmic! from the balcony! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] What a great view!

Thanks for another excellent report, Janie! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Jane, you've just brought back some great memories of our only Disneyland trip! We breakfasted at Carnation Cafe and enjoyed a libation or two from the Lost Bar (even have a coaster from there).

If I get back out, I'll definitely try to do the balcony seating for Fantasmic!

Glad to hear you had fun.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This day sounds wonderful also, Jane. I'm learning a lot about Disneyland. The balcony seating does sound perfect.
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Thank you for the great report about a very relaxing day at Disneyland!!

But I am concerned about this :

After breakfast, we rode It’s a Small World...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

What a wonderful day! I have never been to Disneyland and have often wondered what it was like. You have done detailing wonderfully! It makes me wonder if maybe there is our next trip! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for sharing your trip w/us!
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

I've really been enjoying these reports. Thanks! Glad it was so much fun, too.
    Ben<br /><br />Spring 82 - Off-site (motorhome)<br />Spring 03 - Off-site<br />DL (off-site): Summer 80, Spring 88, Summer 93, Summer 95, Winter 99, Summer 99<br /><br />If you can dream it, you can do it. But will you?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wow, Janie. Your days get better and better! The balcony seating really does sound splendid.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This was the night that I thought about you while you were viewing FANTASMIC!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

This was our anniversary, and you sure spent it where I would have liked to!!

Have you chatted with Ed and Jimmy regarding how many times that you have ridden IASW on this trip?? [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img] You might have some explaining to do to get back into their good graces...
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, and STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK" ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Post Thanks / Like

It's been some time since I posted. I have been traveling extensively with my job lately and haven't had a chance to get on line [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] . Glad to be back! I am so glad to hear you and Ron are having such a great vacation! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] I have never been to Disneyland. Thanks for letting us share your vacation with you. I have caught up on your posts and look forward to your next one. Have fun!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Stephen<br /><br />Fort Wilderness June 75<br />Contemporary June 77<br />Polynesian Sept 91<br />WDW Hilton Nov 00<br />WDW Hilton/Disney Cruise Sept 02 "What a GREAT trip"<br />Boardwalk Oct. 04<br /><br />-------------------------------------------<br />"...yeah, but when the 'Pirates of the Carribbean' breaks down, they don't eat the tourists!" Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park<br />--------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Your trip sounds wonderful and this day sounds very relaxing. One thing I never do is take a nap while on vacation, maybe I need to change that.

From reading this I realize it has been way to long since I have been to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

The fantasmic seating sounds great! I will have to remember that when I finally make it to DL! Thanks for another great report!
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: