Quantcast Coast to Coast Disney Trip - Day One

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Cast of Characters:

Jane (aka ChipDale)
    Ron (my husband)

Trip Dates:

Wednesday, September 18 – Monday, September 30

Background - this trip was to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. A few days before we left we were in a car accident and I got pretty banged up and had to wear a sling the entire time (= no thrill rides for me ).

Day One, Wednesday, September 18

Up at 2:30am. My Dad picked us up at 4:15am. Made it to the airport and checked in quickly with no problems for our 7:00am flight. Even had time to check e-mail and Intercot at the Red Carpet Club. Very smooth flight – we landed early in Orlando where Ed (TiggTigg5) was waiting for us right outside of security! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] We chatted with him for a few minutes before heading down to pick up our luggage. Our luggage came out very quickly, then we went straight to National’s Emerald Aisle where we picked out our rental car and we’re on our way to the Polynesian Resort!

It was great to see everything so green. When I was there in May the grass was so brown. We got to the Polynesian in no time at all. Check in was quick and very pleasant. I forgot to write down the name of the CM who checked us in but he was extremely helpful and gave us a room in Tokelau as I requested. Our room was ready (Room 2907, 2nd floor) so we headed over there then called for our bags. After our bags were delivered, we went over to the Kona Café for lunch. Susan was our server and was very pleasant. Ron had the chicken soup and the Asian noodle bowl and a couple of Bass ales. I had the Pan Asian Chicken Pasta and a couple of beers. Everything was delicious as always. [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] After lunch, we hopped on the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom so we could activate our annual passes. This took just a couple of minutes, so while we were over there we decided to pop into the park. We checked out the Disney Gallery store in Town Square and walked up Main Street. We didn’t stay long because I wanted to unpack and do some ironing and shower before meeting our honeymooning friends Niki (Intercot name Lucille ) and Sean for dinner. When we got back to our room, there was a huge red rose with leaves and baby's breath in a vase and Magic Moments Certificate congratulating us on our anniversary! [img]smile.gif[/img]

While I ironed and unpacked, Ron did a couple of hours of work. After showering, we drove over to the Wilderness Lodge to pick up Niki and Sean. We had dinner reservations at the Teppanyaki Dining Rooms in Japan. We got to Japan about a half hour before our PS, so we enjoyed a drink in the Matsu No Ma Lounge first. It was fun because the hostesses in there recognized Niki and Sean who had been in there earlier in the week. [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

We had a great dinner! For appetizers, we ordered edamame and California Rolls. Both were very tasty. For entrees, Ron & I had the Tonosama (beef tenderloin and chicken) and Niki and Sean had the Fujiyama (beef and shrimp). Everything was really yummy and our chef was funny. After dinner, we drove over to Pleasure Island. We checked out the animation store where Niki and Sean bought some gifts, then headed into the Adventurers Club. A show was just beginning in the library, so we opted to stay out in the Salon. After getting our drinks, they announced an activity in the Mask Room, so we sat down on the comfy couches in there and enjoyed the Masks’ jokes and banter with Sunny the Maid. After the masks were done, we sat out in the Salon where Babylonia came to life and was looking for some guards. She chose Tony from England. This was especially funny because Niki and Sean had met Tony and his wife several times during previous week. After Babylonia’s guards were inducted, we all went into the library for the Radio-a-thon. That show was really cute. After that we did the treasure room, then the Cabaret show in the library with Samantha Sterling. This show was hilarious – the woman who plays Samantha Sterling is very funny and talented. After the Cabaret, it was time for new member induction. This is always lots of fun. We sang the club song and did the pledge. The Colonel came to life and was hilarious. I was disappointed that we didn’t get to sing the Beer Song though. The characters mingled for a while in the Salon before they announced the final show of the evening, Hoopla! This show was a lot of fun too. We left Pleasure Island after that and dropped Niki and Sean back at the Wilderness Lodge. Once back at the Polynesian, we hit the sack immediately because we had to be up early for our Train Tour tomorrow morning and we had been up for almost 24 hours. [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img]
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

WHAT?!?! [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] No beer song?? For shame!! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Sounds like you had a great time, and you got to start it all off by meeting Ed!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

It was nice that you got to hook up with Niki and Sean too!!

I really blew it this year when I was asked what I wanted for our anniversary, didn’t I??

I’ll remember for next time..

Thanks for a great first day, Janie!! Can’t wait for more!!

Mmmmm.. edamame.. I know what I want for dinner!! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, and STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK" ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful Flordia Greeting ---- ED! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] How cool is that!?

Sounds like a great evening, Janie! I cannot wait to hear more. --- [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start Jane. I'm sorry about the car accident. What a bummer! We've got to try the Adventurer's Club next time. Sounds like fun!!
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the aches and pains that go along with a car wreck didn't slow you down. Sounds like a great start, can't wait to hear more!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

singermom4 Guest

Wow! I can't believe you packed so much into a day that started so early! Must be the rush of Disney adrenaline that kept you going! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I know that feeling about car accidents, but I am glad that you'll be okay.

What a great start to your anniversary. Onto read about day two. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a busy but enjoyable first day! I loved the Polynesian too!
    God Bless America!<br /><br />"Wow! We're higher than...everything!"<br /><br />Squeak Squeaketh Squeaker Squeak!<br /><br />Polynesian-'02

Post Thanks / Like

I am impressed! Even banged up, you packed more into a day than I sometimes can pack in a week.
    Congratulations. Looking forward now to day 2. I am going to be exhausted by the end.
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm a little late [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I'm sorry to hear about the accident.....I'm sure you enjoyed your trip anyway! Lunch at the Kona Cafe, that's a great way to start your trip [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy was that day fun!! [img]smile.gif[/img] We'll have to do it again sometime!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

TiggerRPh Guest

Smile

I'm late getting to these but it sure sounds like you had a very long but fun first day.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm late too, Ray. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Sounds like a great start to your trip, Janie! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Teppanyaki & Adventurer's Club sounds like the perfect night to me! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: