Quantcast Gay Days at Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Please help. I asked this question in another area. Kind of new at this. Just wondering how packed MGM and EPCOT might be this weekend? My kids and I had already planned to Park Hop on Saturday, June 7th, and then we just found out about Gay Days. Our only concern is the amount of people. Should we try to go the following weekend? Just don't want to stand in long lines. Went to Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago and the longest wait was 15 minutes on Thunder Mountain. If anyone knows anything, please reply.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can find more info on specific days at specific parks here http://www.gaydays.com/calendar/

I have heard that the crowds are just fine at the parks not holding events and even heard that the park having the event is ok crowd wise as well.

If you don't want to stand in line, you might want to wait a week as you suggested, although, you are starting to get into summer vacation at that time.

Just a reminder, this is not an official Disney event nor is it sponsored by the Disney Corporation.

I am going to move this to Vacation Planning for you.

[ June 03, 2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: JohnY ]
    John Y
    Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
    INTERCOT, Mousehut & Webdisney

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

-Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the information. I guess we might try it. Already had the weekend planned and the kids are already excited. Besides, it's the final weekend for the Flowers at EPCOT. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

In the past MK has been the most crowded. On the first weekend in june. Epcot seems to be least crowded at this time. Happen to be there a few times. And its not in anyway sponsored or endorsed in anyway by WDW or Disney parks. Thus why they dont tell you of the event. Much like if all Intercotees would goto a meet.(Be nice if they did make Intercot day though hunh) Most guests at this time, I felt were verry nice and were not there to prove a point or cause a ruckus. However the behavior of the few may cause some younger members of your family to ask questions. Mine did and at age 7 how do you make them understand some Ppl are different than Mommy and daddys relationship. But I think you will have a great time and Enjoy.
    Former Radio Disney Cast Member.<br /><br />"This is the thing I'm going to be remembered for." WED.<br /> "something could be built where parents & children could have fun together." WED.<br />Of course that idea turned into Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder - the topic of this thread is crowds. Let's make sure we stay on topic. Thanks.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone during that weekend many times, not because of the event, but its the lest crowded in June. Here's how I see it. Its a saturday that they ususally go to MK. MK is always crowded the most on sat so its a good day to avoid it anyway. The other parks are just normal.

{edited out comment, to make sure this topic stays about crowd control [Imalismom]}

[ June 04, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Imalismom ]
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I didn't know until after I booked my tickets that this weekend was Gay Days in Orlando. My family is still planning to drive to orlando friday night. From someone who has been there...how is it?

{edited by Imalismom to keep this about crowds at WDW during the first weekend in June}

[ June 05, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Imalismom ]
    Dixie Landings 10/99,10/00<br />All Star Resorts 11/99,01/00,07/00,12/00,3/01,06/03<br />Polynesian 1/01<br />Disney Cruise Lines Magic 1/01<br />Old Key West 5/01<br />Fort Wilderness Lodge <br />9/01,03/02,05/02,11/02<br />Caribbean Beach 02/03<br />Coranado Springs 12/01<br />Beach Club Villas 07/02<br />Boardwalk Villas 03/03

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by faline:
    Just a reminder - the topic of this thread is crowds. Let's make sure we stay on topic. Thanks.
    Thanks, Linda. You're an angel!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    <b>Wilderness Lodge</b>, <b>11/03</b> <br />Past WDW Trips: French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge<br /><br />Tale as old as time/Tune as old as song<br />Bittersweet and strange/finding you can change<br />Learning you were wrong. ~ Howard Ashman

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the participants in this weekend unofficial Event spend Saturday in the Magic Kingdom. You can avoid the crowds by avoiding the MK.

Have fun!
    Sam a.k.a. "The Goof"

DVC Member since 2001
    Past Trips:
    WDW - 79-99(13 trips), 00(2), 01(2), 02(2), 5/03(BCV w/Cruise), 04(2), 05(2), 06(2), 07(2), 08(3), 09(2), 10(2)
    DL/DCA - 02, 04

Upcoming Trips:
    WDW - 7/11, 12/11
    DL - 8/11

"...it was all started by a mouse - Walter E. Disney"

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading this thread and agree that the topic is about crowd control but is that because any other discussion is not allowed? I am not a prejudice person at all however would have concerns about bringing my children when such an event is going on.
    July 1997
    March 2003
    January /February 2004
    January/ February 2005
    February 2006
    May 2007
    GOING Febraury 2008 staying at POP

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous post. My post got moved here so it is all contained in one topic. Is the discussion about Gay Days not allowed on the boards?

I am not offended myself, Just have concerns as a parent. I really wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom but because of crowds and maybe unwanted questions from the 3 year old. I think I will just take her to epcot.
    Dixie Landings 10/99,10/00<br />All Star Resorts 11/99,01/00,07/00,12/00,3/01,06/03<br />Polynesian 1/01<br />Disney Cruise Lines Magic 1/01<br />Old Key West 5/01<br />Fort Wilderness Lodge <br />9/01,03/02,05/02,11/02<br />Caribbean Beach 02/03<br />Coranado Springs 12/01<br />Beach Club Villas 07/02<br />Boardwalk Villas 03/03

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to WDW as a family (with nieces and grandparents as matter of fact) during gay days. The only differences in crowds we noticed was at MK on the day that their group had it built into their schedule. I beleive it was a Saturday, as mentioned above. The crowds weren't huge, but the lines were 10-15 minutes longer then on other days that week.
    Honor the past, challenge the present, plan for the future. DVC Owner, WDW 16 trips, DL 5 trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mmouse101:
    I really wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom but because of crowds and maybe unwanted questions from the 3 year old. I think I will just take her to epcot.
    Crowds, okay. But unwanted questions from your 3 year old?

The important thing is: the crowds will be heavy, if you want to avoid the crowds, don't go to the MK on that day.

I really don't think there's anything else to say on this topic.
    <b>Wilderness Lodge</b>, <b>11/03</b> <br />Past WDW Trips: French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge<br /><br />Tale as old as time/Tune as old as song<br />Bittersweet and strange/finding you can change<br />Learning you were wrong. ~ Howard Ashman

Post Thanks / Like

There really isn't a whole heck of a lot to discuss about "Gay Days".
    On the first Saturday of June a lot of people, who happen to be gay, like to enjoy going to the Magic Kingdom. There aren't many more facts that can be added to that.(Who, what, when and where).
    We try to keep the discussion here related to Vacation Planning. Knowing that there could be large numbers in the MK on a particular day should help guests plan their vacation accordingly.
    All too often we have seen these originally civil discussions evolve into negative diatribes. We want to prevent that because, after all, Intercot is supposed to be a fun, family, site.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mmouse101:
    I think I will just take her to epcot.
    Good choice, the crowds may not be as large at Epcot on the given day in question.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Moderators- Could you at least point out some other posts that may help answer these Intercotees questions? SteveL, you mentioned other posts taking a turn for the worse. Are there others or were there parts of that post that could help these families "plan their vacation?" I agree about keeping this post on topic, but aren't we all here to help each other? Some families may want to experience disney more and explain "Gay Day" on a later trip. And if this is so, it will impact crowds (the title of this thread) if some decide to go or not go due to this event. If there are no ther posts about it, then fine. but I was certain I read a few that explained the event thoroughly without offending. Many on one of the threads were very positive about the event. Just a suggestion.

If no moderators are able to help- I would suggest doing a search for "Gay Day" in the Discussion Boards.

technoarch's significant other
    7/87 WDW Poly
    7/99 Disneyland Paris
    8/03 WDW GF M. Building Con.
    3/05 WDW MK Day Trip
    8/05 WDW AKL
    12/05 WDW
    5/06 WDW
    8/8-8/20 -AKL and Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I had a comment that got deleted. It is very relevant to the discussion and i made the same comment on another thread about the same thing and it wasn't deleted. If we had known about that thing.. we would have planned differently. I think they have the right to know so they can PLAN their VACTION accordingly.. as the forum suggests. I was going to PM the info privatedly but they do not have a link, i think they should know and would want to know. It isnt anything prejudice or offensive, but you thought it was. I'm sorry about this but i feel as tho they should know it.

I have no problem with the event.

șoș DisneyDudet
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by technoarch:
    Moderators- Could you at least point out some other posts that may help answer these Intercotees questions?

technoarch's significant other
    http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-b...=000007#000000

is one.

Most topics have been deleted - most topics are either:

</font>
    • deleted after a period of time due to space on the server</font>
    • moved to FAQ - vacation planning if it is a question that often gets asked</font>
    • deleted because the topic seems to want to "trash" a group of people or "trash" a group of posters</font>

This is a family site. Children DO read this site with their parents (I know mine does). If we can not answer the question, we will provide a link that does. John (the webmaster of this site) provided a link that can answer any question about the actual event. If you wish to know what to say to your kids, I'd suggest http://www.pflag.org/ as a place to start. They have several links on that website that deals with research that can help you know what/how/when to say to your children.

If you want more info on the actual event that the site John provided cannot answer, please try http://www.dannhazel.com/wdw_guide_c...back_cover.htm

I just did a search and this site seems to be the best one I came across. On the bottom of that page, the webmaster has done a trip report that reading through it can give you a good idea of what to expect during this week (since this author was there and actually experienced this actual week) - what more can you ask for then a first hand trip report experience to give you an idea?

Also, if you find that you have airline tickets and you don't want to go this weekend, contact the airlines that you purchased your tickets through. I personally know of several people who after explaining (to a supervisor) the airline moved their tickets to another date without the handling fee.

All the above being said, the moderators of this topic will moderate this topic to make sure it deals with crowds at WDW the first week of June.

[ June 05, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Imalismom ]
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Really in truely, we just avoid MK on Saturdays all together. This has nothing to do with the event. It is always the most crowded on Sat. and so we never do MK on sat morns, nights might be different b/c they could clear, but some of the only FITS are on sat but the have changed recently so that may not be a problem either.

Just go with the flow!
    Or just avoid the flow all together!

șoș DisneyDudet

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I originally asked the question about CROWD CONTROL at Epcot and MGM during Gay Day celebration. I wasn't being rude or prejudice. My children are teenagers. They know enough and see enough at school where I don't have to answer any questions. Remember, CROWD CONTROL. We enjoy Disney. We are Florida residents. We attend Disney (all the parks) 6 to 10 times per year. A few extra people won't hurt, 140,000 people will slow things down a bit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: