Quantcast last minute packing panic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Gaaah! we leave on wednesday and I'm freaking out. Every couple minutes I keep remembering something I forgot to pack, or need to do. For instance I just posted something in the water cooler and didn't remember to pack my tigger ears until I saw my signature!

Anyone have any last minute suggestions for things people forget to bring?
    Long Live Figment!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax!!! You can always buy something if you forget it.
    As long as you have the important things like...tickets, itinerary, camera, guide book, etc you'll be OK. I find that when I'm planning, I have a list. As it is packed, it gets crossed off the list.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

I always make a long list of things to bring on any vacation, then I simply add or remove things that are/aren't needed for the specific type of vacation I'm taking. For our upcoming trip I've got these things listed. Maybe this will help you decide if you've forgotten any of the "basics." (I don't have "tigger ears" on the list, so I'm glad you thought of that yourself!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aloe, Beach Ball, Beach Towel, Binoculars, Book, Bug Spray, Camera, Camera Bag, Car Insurance, Car Rental Info, Cash, CD, CD Player, Checkbook, Cologne, Contact Lenses/Case, Coupons, Debit Card, Deodorant, Directions, Disney Club Card, Driver's License, Film, First Aid Supplies, Floss, Foot Soaks, Games (for airplane), Glasses, Guest of Honor Badges, Headphones, Health Insurance Card, Hotel Confirmations, Maps, Menus, Mini-Mickey, Moleskin, Mouthwash, Mugs (refillable), Phone Card, Plane Tickets, Razor/recharger, Saline, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Swimsuits, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Travel Alarm Clock, Visa, Walkie-Talkies, Wallet, Watch, Water Shoes, Ziploc Bags (for waterproofing camera!)

*whew!* It's even alphabetical! Of course, I didn't include "clothes" for the most part, as I'm pretty sure you'll remember that! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope this helps trigger your memory.
    Jon

Post Thanks / Like

I would write a list of what you want to bring and add to it as you remember more. Then right before you go check off the items to make sure you didn't forget anything.

Have a GREAT Trip
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] panic-ing allowed. The only things you absolutely, positively can't leave home with out:
    </font>
    • Prescription meds for all parties </font>
    • driver's license or other id </font>
    • credit and/or debit card </font>
    • airline tickets </font>
    • transpo vouchers or confirmation </font>
    • hotel confirmation </font>
    • tickets/passes for the parks </font>
    Anything else you can do without or get there.
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
    Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Heres one that my parents actually forgot when I was a kid: CLOTHES!!!! They actually left our clothes at home. When my dad opened the trunk to the car, it was like oh no OH NO!!! My mom thought my dad was having a heart attack. I was only 7 at the time, I'm 33 now, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. But on a more positve note, we all did get new wardrobes while we were there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Intercot's Info Central has a suggested packing list that might help you remember a few items.

The things that I seem to forget are band-aids, small bottles for carrying Advil, etc. to the parks, and batteries.

Have fun and try to relax!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Imiss20kleagues - I laughed out loud when I read your post about forgetting clothes! My co-workers heard me and came into my office to see what was so funny! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

What a great story! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Do your parents look back and laugh too? [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]
    ~ Mary Kay aka DisneyGoddess ~<br /><br />1979 - Off -Site<br />1986 - Off -Site<br />1994 - Port Orleans<br />1998 - All Star Music<br />2003 - Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Do not forget your underwear..... [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    "May Walt Disney World Bring Joy and Inspiration. A magical place were people of all ages can laugh, and play, and learn together."
    6/95, 6/99 Poly, 6/01 YC/Poly
    10/02 Poly/YC, 6/03 YC/GF, 4/04 YC
    9/04 YC, 4/05 Poly/YC, 4/06 YC
    4/07 BC, 8/07 Poly, 10/07 YC
    4/08 YC, 8/08 P/YC
    Next 10/09/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I just wanted to add that if you are flying, you should make sure all "must haves" such as perscription meds. should be in your carry-on bag. It also is a good idea to have a complete change of clothes and your toothbrush in the carry on too.
    Hșoș lly

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

WDW repeat guest since 1989!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank's all for your advice. I'm in the final 24 hours now but the panic is getting better.

I have my list made. It's not as impressive as harperwi's alphabetical one but it works. There's a big check next to the clothes and especially the underware [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    Long Live Figment!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: