Quantcast Getting to Breakfast

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question we are staying at Coronado Springs and this is the first trip that we have brakfast priority Seating at another resort Specificaly
    Chef Mickey's and 1900 park fair both are for 8:00 My question is how early are the busses running if the parks arn't opening early anymore
    or should we call a cab to get there on time?

Any Drivers Out There? [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    April 2005 dvc Saratoga springs<br />August 2004 Coronado w/Charlie<br />Febuary 2002 Coronado<br />January 2001 Carribean Beach<br />October 1999 Coronado

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be buses marked 'Character Breakfast' that come by the resorts early enough to get you to your meal.

For 1900/Grand Floridian and Chef Mickey/Contemporary, you will need to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom or TTC and get on the monorail.

Ask at the front desk of your resort.
    04/75 off-site, 05/79 off-site<br />11/97 CBR, 11/99 CBR<br />09/2001 - All-Star Music, 06/2002 - All-Star Movies<br />11/2003 - Wilderness Lodge<br />10/2004 - Pop Century?

Post Thanks / Like

We have a PS for Boma [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] at 8am on our first morning. We are staying at CBR so how do we get to Boma and what time should we plan to leave CBR?

Post Thanks / Like

The Character breakfast bus begins running at 7 a.m. I'd be one of the first ones out there at that time. The bus is only for the 4 Parks and does not go to the TTC. You'll have to go to the Magic Kingdom and transfer to the resort monorail.

Cath - Without changing your PS time, you'll have a problem that early traveling from one resort to another. Your best bet is to snag a bus to one of the parks and transfer to an AKL bus. However, the park buses do not begin running until an hour before opening times. If you do not have a car, you should take a cab to meet an 8 o'clock PS for Boma.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. [img]smile.gif[/img] What is the best way to book a cab and how much should I expect to pay?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help [img]smile.gif[/img] That was one I'd never run into before in 7 trips there [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    April 2005 dvc Saratoga springs<br />August 2004 Coronado w/Charlie<br />Febuary 2002 Coronado<br />January 2001 Carribean Beach<br />October 1999 Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Carol has it right, as usual. For the Boma breakfast your best option is a taxi. The resort front desk will call one for you, and it will cost $10 to $15. By the time you have finished breakfast the entire bus system will be running and you can head out from AKL to the park of your choice.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Wow $15 seems alot.

By the way what is the norm for tipping in taxis? Sweden isn't a big tipping country so I don't really have any experience on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Cath,

Taxi driver tips are typically 15% of the fare - not less than 25 cents (which won't be a problem for your trip).

Eric
    DreamFinder2
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having second thoughts about such an early breakfast because the taxi is going to really add to the cost. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

What time should I change my PS to if I want to use the WDW buses instead? We have to get from CBR to Boma.

Post Thanks / Like

.....Or could we get the Character Breakfast bus to AK and walk to AKL from there? Or order a cab to meet us at AK where we get dropped off by the bus?

Any other good ideas??

Post Thanks / Like

Walking is not an option, Cath. The roads in that area were not built with walking in mind. You would have to begin on a back stage road used primarily by buses and cast member traffic. Not a good idea.

To use the normal bus transportation you would need to change your PS to about 8:45 (assuming AK opens at 9:00 on that day). In this case you would leave CBR at about 8:00 and change buses at AK.

Taking a breakfast bus to AK, then a taxi to AKL might work. But you must be sure a taxi will meet you there. At that time of day there will not be taxis waiting at AK.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just out of interest how far is it from AK to AKL?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's literally within minutes.

I agree with Ron. Change your PS so it's closer to the Animal Kingdom opening time. You can hop a bus to the Park and transfer at the resort bus station to get to the Lodge. The park buses begin running about an hour before the parks open. You should be able to grab a bus for AK around 8-ish.

I would not go the cab route.

Don’t cancel. The breakfast buffet at Boma is wonderful and don’t stress about time. They will accommodate you if you’re a little late due to transportation.
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds abit more positive thanks.

So do the Character breakfast buses run from CBR to AK from 7am and then the Park buses from AK to AKL from 8am?

How regular are the breakfast buses? How long does the bus from CBR to AKL take?

I can't believe that WDW doesn't make paths for walking between the resorts and parks that are so close together. We would happily walk 2 miles instead of waiting 15mins for a bus. Where we live we are used to cycling or walking everywhere. We only use the car for long journeys or to carry alot of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're on a direct bus it will take about 20 minutes. However, the Character Breakfast bus often stops along the way.

The buses come every 15-20 minutes. I've never waited that long.

You'll be fine. Have a great time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I have an early transportation question as well, and just thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

We have to be at MK at 8:15am for the KttK tour. The park actually opens at 9am. We're staying at OKW. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Questions:
    Will the usual busses be operating that early?

How early do we need to leave the resort to make it to MK on time?

Thanks in advance!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Timbo:

We have to be at MK at 8:15am for the KttK tour. The park actually opens at 9am. We're staying at OKW.
    Questions:
    Will the usual busses be operating that early?

How early do we need to leave the resort to make it to MK on time?

Hi Timbo
    The regular buses will start running from OKW at about 8:00. So you should ride over on a Character Breakfast bus. I would be at the bus stop by 7:15 to be sure you get one coming through by 7:30 or so.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

YIKES! 7:15am?? On vacation? Oy, why did I go and make reservations for an 8:30 tour? Oh, yeah, I remember...'cause I thought it would be cool to get a picture of myself on an empty Main Street. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] What a nut! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Thank you, WDWDriver for that info. Do you think we'd better off driving to the TTC? It's been so long since I've done that....how long do you think it would take to drive from OKW to TTC, then transport to MK?

Also...any recommendations on breakfast that early?? I don't think Olivia's opens untill 7:30...and I sure don't feel like cooking. HELP!
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

Post Thanks / Like

Timbo, you KNOW I'm not allowed to recommend anything other than the buses!

Seriously, if I were you I would drive to the TTC (10 minutes via Epcot Center Drive). The trams won't be running early, so you will have to walk a bit (10 minutes). I would walk to the Poly and have the famous french toast at the Kona Cafe. After breakfast you can step outside and catch the resort monorail over to MK.

This route will get you there a lot quicker and you'll get breakfast, too. Have a great time! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: