Quantcast Please advise-hotel near Orl. airport for one night?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hi all - we are now traveling a day earlier than previously thought (oh, but the beauty of frequent flier tickets - the price is right!) We will be arriving in Orlando Airport about 5pm the Friday after Thanksgiving. Looks like there are still alot of hotels of expedia, etc. Since we will be on West Coast time, we would definately like a hotel that has a restaurant (full-service preferred), and room that has a balcany. Another option would be a 2 room suite, instead of balcony.

We are not terribly worried about cost, but want to spend as much $ as possible in Disney of course! THIS IS JUST FOR ONE NIGHT! Then we're on to Disney hotels, etc. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance for any advice!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about balconies, but there is a great Hyatt inside of the Orlando Airport...that would give you access to restaurants, and it is super convenient.

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and here family stayed at the AmeriSuites. They used the free shuttle from the airport the picked up their car the next morning. If you are using a towncar service instead of a rental car, the towncar can pick you up at the hotel.
    Recovering VMK Addict Avalanchefan

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying one night at the Hyatt in the airport because we are going on the cruise the next day and want to be at the ship early.

Its so convenient because you literally walk from the airport to your room.

I got a price of $124 for the night which was a AAA rate.

I know they have a full service restaurant there as well. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    There is only one place I want to be......

Next Trip:

August 2009 ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    There is also the Sheraton Suites which is about 2 miles from the airport. They provide a shuttle to pick you up at the airport and bring you back. The suites can fit up to 5 adults and it will be perfect for the one night. Here is the nbr:

SHERATON SUITES ORLANDO INTL
    7550 AUGUSTA NATL DR
    ORLANDO FL 32822
    407-240-5555
    407-240-1300

Hope this helps!
    Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You might look into locations of Summerfield Suites and Wyndham Palace as they are both Intercot sponsors and would benefit the site. You can access them via the links in the top right hand corner of the screen.

[ September 08, 2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Just down the road (less than a mile) from the airport are a whole slew of nice hotels and all offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Many of these have restaurants, but even if they don't there are also quite a variety of restaurants within walking distance.

Here are the ones I'd recommend:

Sheraton Suites - Airport (restaurant)
    Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport (restaurant)
    Renaissance Hotel Orlando Airport (restaurant)
    Holiday Inn Select Orlando Airport (restaurant)
    Hampton Inn MCO Airport
    Hilton Garden Inn Airport (restaurant)
    Hawthorne Suites Airport
    AmeriSuites Airport Northeast
    Marriott Orlando Airport (restaurant)
    Fairfield Inn Airport

Here are some of the restaurants close by:

Bennigan's
    Chili's
    Charley's Steakhouse
    Dan Marino's
    Emmanuels on the 28th
    McDonald's
    Pebble's
    TGI Friday's
    Tony Romas
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Airport Hyatt...it is a quick walk from the gates and has a full service restaurant and lounge. There is also a Burger/Brew Pub place right downstairs in the airport and a ton of cool shops (including a World of Disney store). This is a nice way to pass the time after dinner and you don't have to worry about the weather.

We always stay at the Hyatt the night before and have been very pleased with the accomodations...for a few bucks one of their bellhops will also take your bags down to the Mears shuttle for you!
    Susan

First visit - January 1972 Polynesian "Village" Resort (I was 5)
    Visits (1972 - 2007) - 18 all to Poly/WL/BCV/POR

Next Up: Nov 09 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I just got a rate of $109 (for 2 adults) on the Hyatt Regency website; it was an Internet special. Expedia came in at $214 a night! I checked one of the Intercot sponsors first but they weren't close to the airport at all, which is what we needed.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Marriott at Orlando Airport in May. We had an unexpected delay in getting home. It was very nice and they also had a shuttle to and from the airport. There were not balconies, although I am not sure I would want a balcony near the airport because of noise.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Hyatt in the airport.
    1980 - Contemporary<br />1983 - Contemporary<br />1988 - Off-site<br />1996 - Disney Institute<br />1999 - Disneyland<br />2000 - Boardwalk<br />2001 - Grand Floridian<br />May 2002 - Wilderness Lodge<br />Oct. 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins and Marriott Courtyard LBV <br />Future trip Oct./Nov. 2004 - Horizons Marriott and Contemporary Magical Gathering with parents and sisters)<br /><br />Mommy of 3 little ones

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well, the Hyatt is tempting since it's in the airport, but I already made a reservation at the Sheraton Suites for $65!! Am not sure, but we may be renting a car anyway, so the 2 mile drive should be pretty easy.

Thanks for all the helpful advice [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: