Quantcast How late is Check-In?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

I know at my hotel check-in starts at 4...but when does the hotel close for the night? We are arriving in Orlando at about 8, from Canada, so should we have time to get there? (I am staying at All-Star Movies)

[ July 25, 2002, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: CanadaEh28 ]
    Shawn1997- Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings)2002- All-Star MoviesNext Trip-Not for along time:("Our God is an AWESOME God!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

You should be able to check in no matter when you arrive. I know none of the Disney hotels "close" and I would think it would be the same with most major non-Disney hotels.

Post Thanks / Like

There is someone at the check-in counter 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You should find several people able to help you when you arrive.
    Jan 93 Disney Villa's
    May 96 Port Orleans
    Apr 97 Off Prop.
    Oct 98 All Star Music
    May 01 All Star Sports
    Feb 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    May 02 Beach Club
    Sep 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct 02 Polynesian
    Feb 03 Polynesian
    Oct 04 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Dec 07 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

When you get there early, you can check in, and they will give you a card with a telephone number on it. You can leave your bags with the bell captain, and then go and do whatever. When 3 or so rolls around, you can call the number on the card, and they'll tell you what room you're in. They will take your bags up to your room where they will be waiting when you get there.
    I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.<BR>Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

When we went for our honeymoon in Feb 2000 we were scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 8pm. Our flight out of Toronto experienced some 'technical difficulties' and we did not get off the tarmack until 1130pm. We arrived in Orlando around 2, by the time we caught a shuttle to the rental company, picked up the car and arrived at the CBR it was around 4am (We did not have a zippidee-doo-dah day )

Needless to say, in answer to your question yes, there is someone at the hotels 24-7 for check-in. I cross my fingers that you will not have the bad luck that we had. Needless to say, I have convinced DH that this year it is time to drive and see some of the good 'ole USA !

p.s. Take snacks with you on your carry on. Our biggest mistake was not eating thinking we would be in Orlando around 8pm and could grab a nice dinner. Terminal 3 at Toronto Int'l has restaraunts that shut down around 8pm. Because we had gone through security there was no going back - there were no vending machines where we were either. It was horrible!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Having managed hotels for a number of years I can answer this pretty confidently. When you guarantee a reservation, as all WDW resorts are done, your reservation is good till the night audit rolls through the room inventory. In other words, the system starts the new day's reservations, determines you are a no show from the previous day and charges you anyway. I would imagine WDW audits are pretty much on time each night. In my experience, the rooms rolled over at around 3:00 - 4:00 am. If you have an old bill from one of the resorts and see what time Room & Tax was posted, that's the time your reservation is no longer good for the day.
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I always call the hotel the day before and tell them that I will be checking in late, and ask them to hold the room for me. This really shouldn't be a problem at Disney, buut it can't hurt to let them know in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the info! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    My trip is only 80 days away!!!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Shawn1997- Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings)2002- All-Star MoviesNext Trip-Not for along time:("Our God is an AWESOME God!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: