Quantcast Requesting Gift Basket in Rooms?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hi All! I've read on a post or two that a gift basket with some goodies for the kids can be ordered and put in your room prior to check in. Can anyone let me know where to make this request? And possibly what some suggested items would be - this sounded like a great treat to start things off - Thanks! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    MinnieMav
    PC, Hard Rock, Poly - March 05
    BCV, GF & AKL - Feb 04
    BCV & VWL - March 03
    Wilderness Lodge - March 02
    Wyndham DD Area - March 02

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You will need to go through WDW Florist. There *used* to be another business that did a wonderful job of doing this, but they have quit doing the baskets

For kids, I'd have (pick and choose as you see fix) in no particular order:
    </font>
    • autograph book</font>
    • autograph pen</font>
    • sunglasses</font>
    • sun block</font>
    • WDW hat with name on it</font>
    • Wdw special shirt</font>
    • googles for the pool</font>
    • gum (can't buy this at WDW)</font>
    • hard candies to suc*K (intercot won't let me type all four letters together ) on while in the park</font>
    • various snack type items</font>
    • special refillable water bottle</font>
    • camera</font>
    • a "beanie" of a character they like</font>
    • Disney Dollars
      </font>
    I'm sure as others read your question they'll add to this list [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ May 05, 2002, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Imalismom ]
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Minniemav, we are using WDW Florist too for our upcoming trip. If you call them, they will make any thing you want and they also offer some that sounded so cute.
    The # for WDW Florist: 407-827-3505

Good Luck and have a GREAT time!

Post Thanks / Like

Question

This sounds like a great idea! What is the average cost of something like this?

Post Thanks / Like

My mother was attending a confrence at the Yacht and it was her birthday, Her boss sent her a lovely basket. It was filled with all types of goodies, chips, chocolate bars, mickey head marshmello bars (yum) crackers, cheese and mints.
    We really liked the basket. Disney did a great job!
    Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hi

I found a site called pixiegifts.com. They give suggestions or you can add your own and they will have the basket in your room upon arrival. I believe the minimum is $75.00 Good luck [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know about the prices from wdw florist? is it $75 min. as well?
    April 2007 - POFQ
    October 2005 - CBR
    August 2003 - AKL
    November 2002 - POFQ
    September 1994BC (before children)
    March 1994BC
    June 1989BH (before husband!)

Post Thanks / Like

This is a little off the subject but I think somewhat related. It sounds to me like you enjoy being a little supprised when you get back to your room. Another idea along these lines, (and this is only the cost of a bigger tip to show your appreatiation), is to let mousekeeping know you like these kind of things . For example on our last trip I let mousekeeping know in advance to kinda suprise us with little things that make you go "oh thats funny [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] ". When we would arrive back in our room we would find those special disney touches. Such as, one day they made mickeys face on the bed with rolled up towels. My son had about 6 Disney character animals one day we came in and they were sitting at the end of the bed watching the Disney Channel. Little things like this that make your stay a little nicer [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] .
    "May Walt Disney World Bring Joy and Inspiration. A magical place were people of all ages can laugh, and play, and learn together."
    6/95, 6/99 Poly, 6/01 YC/Poly
    10/02 Poly/YC, 6/03 YC/GF, 4/04 YC
    9/04 YC, 4/05 Poly/YC, 4/06 YC
    4/07 BC, 8/07 Poly, 10/07 YC
    4/08 YC, 8/08 P/YC
    Next 10/09/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

There is no minimum order at WDW Florist.
    They were very helpful to me when I ordered a basket for my 3 kids in October.
    I just got one basket, but had them add additional autograph books/pens/stuffed animals and attached 3 balloons.
    I cant rememeber the exact price, but I think it ended up around $80. They did a beautiful job.
    FYI-when we arrived at our hotel (WL) the basket wasnt in our room. When we came back from swimming it still wasnt in our room.
    We had a character dinner that night so I really needed the autograph books. I called down to the front desk which informed me that they did have my basket but that they did not start deliveries until 8pm. I explained the situation and they sent someone right up with it.
    Not sure if its the same at all resorts, just thought you should know in case you want it earlier in the day.
    Janice<br /><br />WL 10/96<br />WL 10/01<br />WL 8/03

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a website for the WDW Florist, or just the phone #? Would be nice to be able to see what they have to offer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

TraceyK- No they don't have a website. Call them and they can Fax something to you. It has some of what they offer. They can also mail you a photo copy (not the greatest) too.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by TraceyK:
    Is there a website for the WDW Florist, or just the phone #? Would be nice to be able to see what they have to offer [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I did see a site elsewhere that shows the offerings of the WDW florist - (EDITED BY MODERATOR)

[ June 08, 2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Jennib ]
    Judi<br /> You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love " <br />Henry Drummond

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: