Quantcast Ft Wilderness campfire/singalong

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Has anyone ever done this and can you tell me a little about it? Is it every night and is it at the same time? Would it be worth it to head over from the Contemporary to do this? Sounds like something my daughter would enjoy and we are considering it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The campfire is a very pleasant way to end the day. It is held every night near the Meadows Trading Post at Fort Wilderness. It starts at 7:00 (8:00 during the summer months). There is a real campfire where kids can roast marshmallows or smores. Bring your own or buy them there. A CM leads the audience in songs that most kids know, then Chip and Dale come out to give hugs and autographs to everyone. The movie starts at about 7:40. It will be a popular Disney movie, often preceded by a cartoon. Check the Intercot camping forum for the movie schedule.

To get there, take the boat from the Contemporary. Once you arrive in FW you can walk the short distance to the bus stop and take any internal bus to the campfire area. Tell the driver you want to get off at the campfire.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

....and it is FREE! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

It's great fun for little kids, and I like it too! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just returned from a 7 night stay at Wilderness Lodge. We took our almost 5 and 6 year olds over to the Campfire sing-along and they really enjoyed it. It is certainly worth doing, if you have a night free. The campfire is off to the side and available to roasting marshmellows (a first for my kids), the sing-along is a hoot, as well as Chip & Dale. We were there on a night that Tarzan was playing. We watched most of the Movie before heading back to the Lodge.

I would certainly do it again next trip, but next time I would bring along a small flashlight. It is quite dark after the sun goes down and although flashlights are requested to be turned off durring the movie, it would have been a good thing to have when the night was over (finding our way back to the boat dock)

Have Fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 boys all under the age of 6. They LOVE the campfire program...so do my husband and I. It's very relaxing. The movie is always fun to watch and is different every night.
    Next up May 2022 for my Birthday!!!!

Visited the world 80+ times since 1976

My favorite resorts: Poly, BC, AKL, WL,WLV, POR and the FWC

Mom to three boys 25, 22, 21 and have been married for 27 bliss filled years!

Ronni

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: