Quantcast How often are room requests accommodated?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Just wondering how often do you think requests are met. I made my requests thru WDTC for the BuzzLightyear wing and to have 2 rooms connecting and one adjoining.

Does anyone have expierences with requesting rooms? Will faxing a room request before we leave help our chance???

Thanks in advance all who respond

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are extremely good about honoring requests if you got your reservation in far enough in advance and the room is available. I also faxed my request in ahead of time just to make sure they knew what I really wanted. They really try to keep their customers happy.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

The three times I have requested a specific room, they have honored it. Hoping it works again this November. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    '97 - Oct - Fort Wilderness Homes
    '99 - Nov - Coronado Springs
    '01 - Mar - Port Orleans Riverside
    '01 - Sept- Grand Floridian
    '02 - Nov - Grand Floridian
    '03 - March - Wilderness Lodge
    '03 - Nov - Grand Floridian
    '04 - Nov - Grand Floridian
    '05 - Nov - Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

The two prev. times I requested buildings at all stars I did not get my first or even second choices... and we always go at off peak times (dec first week & jan 2nd week). Which just means sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't... but we always had a great time anyway!!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

In the past I have had good luck with them honoring my request, and if they couldn't I always have gotten my second choice.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I have hardly ever gotten anything we have requested. We always make our reservations well in advance. Even on our honeymoon (at Wilderness Lodge) we made a room request and when it was not available, they told us that we had a room that was just as nice. It turned out that it overlooked the service entrance in the back. We could see the dumpsters and every morning were awakened by the "beep beep beep" of trucks backing up. Other than that, we've never had a bad room, just not in the buildings or areas that we have requested.

11 more days!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Many, many wonderful vacations since 1977!<br />Next trip: June 18, 2004!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've hit about 60%, more or less, having tried it at almost every resort. I haven't even noticed a pattern; I've been just as lucky at All-Stars and Mods as Deluxe. They really do try, it would seem. And they have given me some really nice ones when they couldn't meet my request.
    Stays too numerous to count. <br />Since 1989, have stayed at:<br /><br />ASMo, ASSp, ASMu, CBR, POR, POFQ, CSR, WL, AKL, AKL Concierge, YC, BC, Dolphin, BWI, Contempo, GF, Poly, Poly Concierge, OKW, Hilton DD, Wyndham Palace DD, Courtyard DD, Grosvenor DD, BW DD, many properties on 192 and in the LBV area, and many I-Drive properties. <br />_ _ _____________________ _ _ <br /><br />Seasonal or AP Holder since 1994

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it you ask for a lot of request they may only honor some.

My theory is to only ask for one or two that way you have a better change of getting the most important things you want.
    Last trip Thanksgiving 2006. Next trip Thanksgiving 2008
    God gives us free will. Choose wisely

Post Thanks / Like

We've had pretty good success with our requests. As the previous post suggested, narrow down your needs. They try to meet your requests if they can.
    07/96-WL<br />11/99-POLY<br />05/00-POLY<br />05/01-POLY<br />09/02-POLY<br />05/03-POLY<br />10/03-POLY<br />05/04-POLY<br />11/04-POLY<br />05/05-POFQ/POLY

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have requested rooms at All Stars on at least three different visits and have always gotten the area I wanted (Dalmatians and Buzz). Let them know how much your child(if a child is with you)loves Buzz. My sister-in-law has done the same thing and been successful as well. I always let them know when I call. The front desk always seems to put me in that room without another reminder. (but I let them know anyway when I'm checking in) We are always there during off-peak time though, so this might affect my luck. We've even been upgraded from wing rooms at Contemporary to the Tower without asking. Hope you get the room you want...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. HAVE FUN!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

It might help to try and check in as early as possible on the day you arrive. We've always had better luck getting all our request filled if we check in fairly early. Other than that I always just put my requests in with my reservation and would say that we've had most of our requests filled. Probably the only one I've been a bit disappointed in was at Animal Kingdom Lodge, where we were placed in a building quite a ways down from the lobby (which made the walk to the food courts quite a haul). We were checking rather late that day which might account for that. But we still enjoyed the savanna view room--it was very nice!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: