Quantcast Hotel Royal Plaza

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hey There,

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza? Originally we were staying at a rather budget-friendly off-site hotel, and decided to upgrade to either the Pop Century or one of the All-Stars. Well, we were a little late in our decision and all three are closed for booking. Luckily, my DGF was able to score reservations at the Hotel Royal Plaza (as they were in the middle of changing from fall rates to holiday rates no less! We got the fall rate!!!) for the first part of our stay. I've never heard of it, but the pics on the web look nice and no matter what, it's going to be better than our original cheep-o accommodations. Plus, its only for 3 nights and then we move over to The Wilderness Lodge [img]smile.gif[/img]

So- any thoughts, comments, or reviews on The Hotel Royal Plaza? Good or bad, I'd appreciate the input.

--JAC
    April 02, (off-site)
    June 02, (off-site)
    May 03, (off-site)
    Dec/Jan 03/04 (Hotel Royal Plaza/Wilderness Lodge)
    April 05 (off-site)
    Sept. 06 (Pop Century)
    February 08 (All-Star Movies)
    Sept 10 (Port Orleans Riverside)
    March 12 (Day Trip)
    August 13 (Pop Century)
    March 15 (Pop Century)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hi Jac!
    I have stayed at the Royal Plaza a number of times. It is a very nice hotel. The rooms in the tower building are attractive and spacious. The hotel also has a three story wing that surrounds the pool, but I have never stayed in these rooms.
    The transportation here is better than most off site hotels. But you will have a bit of a walk from where the bus drops you off to the theme parks, though. Not too bad, just not as close as the Disney buses drop you.
    One of my favorite things about this hotel is the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. It's very well priced and the food is good. I have gone there for breakfast a few times when I wasn't even staying at the Plaza! They are open for lunch and dinner as well. If you are not in the parks for these meals, you are also close enough to the other DD hotels and the restaurants at Downtown Disney. Lots of meal choices here.
    The Plaza is also walking distance to Downtown Disney. The weather should be nice when you are there so the walk is pleasent.
    I hope this helps. This hotel is very nice and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply! Can't wait to try the buffet, and use that extra walking time to burn it off! [img]smile.gif[/img]

--JAC
    April 02, (off-site)
    June 02, (off-site)
    May 03, (off-site)
    Dec/Jan 03/04 (Hotel Royal Plaza/Wilderness Lodge)
    April 05 (off-site)
    Sept. 06 (Pop Century)
    February 08 (All-Star Movies)
    Sept 10 (Port Orleans Riverside)
    March 12 (Day Trip)
    August 13 (Pop Century)
    March 15 (Pop Century)

Post Thanks / Like

Jac,
    I'll second the motion on the HRP. Like the previous poster, I've stayed in the tower and found it to be very nice. Depending upon your room location, you may be able to see Spaceship Earth from your balcony.

Enjoy!

Wayne
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have only read good things about this hotel. And from what I understand the bathrooms are to die for!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Big thumbs up on this one!

Stayed here in August, and am going back for a repeat visit at the end of the month.

Excellent service, courteous staff, very clean, enormous rooms, and yes, the bathrooms in the deluxe tower rooms are the BOMB! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    tikibirds

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know about the shuttle service to the parks. Do they often or is it just once or twice in the morning and evening.
    * July 1972 - First Trip to Walt Disney World - Off Site
    * July 1977 - Off Site
    * December 1983 - Off Site
    * May 1997 - Carribean Beach Resort
    * May 2003 - Beach Club Resort
    * January 2004 - Hotel Royal Plaza
    * December 2004 - All Star Sports

* November 2005 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We also loved this hotel (and got tower rooms for $40 a night on priceline.com). If you're in the tower beware of rooms that face the Interstate (East facing, I think). Request a North or West facing room.

Post Thanks / Like

Great hotel and Great location. You are actually on Disney property and as another poster wrote, it is a pleasant walk to DTD, one of my favorite places in "The World".
    I thought the transportation was excellent. The buses are a lot more comfortable than the Disney buses and this is nice after a long day of walking. The bus will stop at all of the DTD hotels, HRP being third or fourth on the list so you will get a fairly decent choice of seats and I believe they run at least every hour all day long. This was our first time relying completely on the bus service and we found it convenient.
    You will like this hotel compared to off property hotels for the same money.
    Please remember that I am the number one authority on my opinion.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: