Quantcast AKL's BOMA wonderful dinner!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We had the great BOMA dinner buffets this past sunday. The restaurant is titled BOMA-FLAVORS OF AFRICA and as we were staying at AKL, we managed to find time for a sitdown meal, and one that would introduce us to African cuisine. Nearly every flavor we tasted was inviting! Our favorites were the variety of spiced hummus and breads, the shaved watermelon with ginger salad, marvelous pumpkin soup, the nut encrusted salmon as well as the flank steak with that luscious barbeque sauce we had been smelling at the hotel for days since BOMA is open air to the lounge and lobby above, and the desserts, all of them. Yes that heavenly mocha zebra dome was wonderful!
    This was the most welcome and satisfying meal of our stay. We HIGHLY recommend BOMA! On a side note, we had been eating "convenience" foods at the parks all week and couldn't wait to get away from french fry overkill. While dining at BOMA, within one minute from different parts of the restaurant, 2 separate plates loaded with the kid-friendly-american-fare (spaghetti, chicken fingers, etc...)they offer at BOMA for the tots or the less adventurous,went crashing to the floor! We joked, since we were thrilled with our plates full of African delicasies, that the plates themselves must be rebelling against being loaded with dull spaghetti at this rich buffet!
    Unfortunately, the day we tried BOMA for it's breakfast, we were just too late to be seated. Hopefully next time, as well as a return to the dinner buffets! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Did you need PS to eat at BOMA or are there plenty of walk-ins this time of year?

I have PS for 27th November (our first dining night), but after all the good things people have said about BOMA, we might have to eat there more than once! I can't wait.
    Michael șoș

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We made PS about 5 hours prior on the same day which was a sunday. We were a party of 2. Hope this helps you mickeyd...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks abillion, I can't wait to try it!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    Michael șoș

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

My mouth is watering!! Yum Yum, we have PS for the first evening that we arrive. I have heard wonderful reviews! Thanks for sharing yours!!

I can't wait!!
    <b>Pam</b> AKA <i>Pixie Dust</i><br />INTERCOT Staff : Disney & Orlando Dining and Accommodations <br /><br />Make mine <a href="http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/" target="_blank">Magical Journeys Travel</a> !!<br /><br />Have a Disney Day!

Post Thanks / Like

I can NOT wait to try BOMA!! I've heard so many good things about it! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] We have a PS for it on our December trip!!

30 days and counting! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

I cannot recommend this enough, I was lucky enough to stay at the AKL for 8 days in July, My girlfriend and I ate at the Boma and both loved it. I always attempt to eat different foods, as eating is kinda a hobby for me and Boma didn't disappoint. The service was attentive and the chefs were more than willing to spend time chatting to you about various dishes. As I had been to Africa earlier in the year I had a great deal to discuss! It did live up to the standards I had experienced in Africa, which were of the highest standards I have seen anywhere, ever. I know this is a bold statement but it true.
    My advice to you is to start drinking, heavily!<P>Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!<P>Grab a brew, Don't cost nothin'<P>TOGA, TOGA, TOGA

Post Thanks / Like

We also ate at Boma. I am very adventurous and found a lot of great food. Even my 6-yr old enjoyed eating there. It is definitely someplace we will want to go back to!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We ate here on the 16th of November. I was a little nervous about the selections but took the servers advice to try a little of everything and find what you like. It was more like try to find something you don't like. Everything was yummy! We were there with a large party and everyone soon found their favories. They had a stew that was very very good. Also, if you have small children with you who are picky - they have a full children's buffet of typical entrees for them. One of the best things was that the desserts were small so you could gather up a selection of different things without wasting alot.

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    If it is such a small world then why do my feet hurt so much!!
    1972-1984 Off Property
    1991 Disney Inn / Poly
    1994 Dixie Landings / Poly / Port Orleans
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1996 Institute / GF / Contemp
    2001 AS-Movies / Poly
    2002 GF
    10/2004 WL
    8/2006 WL
    9/2007 Riverside
    9/2014 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review abillion! I am right now in the process of deciding on where to eat for my next trip, so Boma will have to go on the "look into" list.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Boma was a wonderful place - and if there are any other vegetarians out there. I got probably 5 plates of food - almost all different things - I have never been in such heaven!

Post Thanks / Like

You are all making me want to eat there tonight! Unfortunately I won't be back in FL until March...

How much does the dinner buffet cost? I'm starting to figure out where I want to do some of my dining down there and I just need an idea of what it'll run me.

[img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    07/94 Disneyland Paris
    03/99 Offsite
    03/00 FW Campground/AS Movies
    01/01 Caribbean Beach
    03/02 WDW Dolphin
    04/15 Grand Floridian
    01/19 Sheraton Vistana Villages

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tad_tad:
    How much does the dinner buffet cost? I'm starting to figure out where I want to do some of my dining down there and I just need an idea of what it'll run me.

[img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

The Boma Dinner Buffet is $21.99 for adults and $8.99 for children ages 3-10. I hope you enjoy it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee'sFan

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks! $22 is not a bad price for a dinner at WDW. If the food is half as good as people are making it out to be, it'll be more than worth it!
    07/94 Disneyland Paris
    03/99 Offsite
    03/00 FW Campground/AS Movies
    01/01 Caribbean Beach
    03/02 WDW Dolphin
    04/15 Grand Floridian
    01/19 Sheraton Vistana Villages

Post Thanks / Like

BOMA is great....a must!!
    All I have to say is....try the Zebra Dome's!!! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    Over 80 visits to WDW and counting!!!<br />-----------------------------------<br />Walter Cronkite: Ours is a time of unprecedented choice and opportunity, so let us explore and question and understand. Let us learn from our past and meet the challenges of the future, let us go forth and fulfill our destiny on Spaceship Earth.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to try this next time!!!
    Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I ate there last month.

I can't recommend Boma enough. I will always make sure I have at least one if not two PS every time I go to WDW. It's that good!

My recommendation is to GO and GO HUNGRY! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    There is only one place I want to be......

Next Trip:

August 2009 ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Boma is a MUST DO for everyone! Dined there last week for dinner and breakfast. Both were very good. Breakfast is pretty much the standard fare with a few Africa extras. Dinner is absolutely fantastic!!!!

I did manage to get the recipes for Pumkin Cheese Soup, Fu Fu, the rub on the Prime Rib and The Zebra Dome!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If you'd like any or all of them give me a shout.
    Cher (aka TheSorcererofFantasia)

If you live each day to it's fullest you will never have regrets . . . there is no rewind.

4/15/55 - 4/7/08 Til we meet again
    2/25/87 - 4/27/11 Always & forever in my heart & soul BKB!

Next DVC Trip:
    AKL Jambo Kilamanjaro 1 bedroom Unit Sept 10th - 24th

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there Saturday night and had a great time. Tasha wants to go back. It's the main thing on her mind. We got there at about 9pm and were told a 45 minute wait, which was fine with me. We took our beeper and 'explored', Tasha loved this. Then we sat down and watched a little TV in the lobby until the beeper went off. The food was great and Tasha loved her spagetti. I tried 3 of the 4 soups and tasted all of the hot foods and sampled most of the deserts.
    I'd rather be@Walt Disney World :)<br />'04<br />&gt;12/17-24@AS:S,MVMCP<br />&gt;12/3-5@AS:S,MVMCP<br />10/22-24@PC,MNSSHP<br />10/8-10@AS:S,MNSSHP<br />8/1-6,9/10@DoI:N,9/11-12,9/26@DoI:BB<br />7/16-19@PC<br />7/2-5@AS:Mv<br />6/18-21@PC<br />1/1-4,1/16-18,5/4-11,6/5DoI:MI<br />42 days, so far@WDW in '04<br />&gt;586 days@WDW as of 1/1/4<br />'02)68 days@WDW+3 DoI:MI+MJ+Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'02)65 days@WDW+1 DoI:Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'01)53 days@WDW+1 D.onIce:TS2, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'00)36 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'99)46 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'72-'99)AS:Mu, DIx2, Poly x2, GF, C

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I was just going to post and ask if they have vegetarian selections, when I came across a post stating that they did, read my mind!

We love the food at Tusker House in AK, Boma looks like it will be a real treat.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: