Quantcast I need some help with posting a reply...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my problem.
    When I want to post a reply ans attach what someone else has written, you know in the bold and it would say something like:

TheRealEvilQueen wrote:
    then it would say what I said in bold, then the person who was posting write their comment.
    so far, I know to
    Copy
    then I THOUGHT that it is "quote", but whenever I do that, it only shows the quote and not who wrote it and it's not in bold, can you please help me...anyone!

Thanks so much in advance!

(I feel like such a Moron)
    [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

~ Mary [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Visits :<br />1971-Ft Wilderness Campground<br />1973-Poly<br />1973-Disneyland<br />1983-Off property)<br />1985-Poly<br />1990-Off property<br />1994-Port Orleans<br />1996-Happy 25th -Carribean Beach<br />- Poly<br />- Boardwalk -Christmas <br />1997-Dixie Landings<br />1998-Poly<br />1999-Disneyland<br />1999-Disney Cruise<br />2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge<br />2002- Christmas -GOT ENGAGED-Boardwalk-Steeple Chase Suite<br />2003- April *HONEYMOON* - Poly<br />"A Dream is a wish your heart makes" :CINDERELLA<br />...and I have married MY Prince Charming! 03/30/03

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheRealEvilQueen:
    Here is my problem.
    When I want to post a reply ans attach what someone else has written, you know in the bold and it would say something like:

TheRealEvilQueen wrote:
    then it would say what I said in bold, then the person who was posting write their comment.
    so far, I know to
    Copy
    then I THOUGHT that it is "quote", but whenever I do that, it only shows the quote and not who wrote it and it's not in bold, can you please help me...anyone!

Thanks so much in advance!

(I feel like such a Moron)
    [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

<hr></blockquote>

Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".

--------------------

Frankie
    <hr></blockquote>

Ok, here goes nothing, let's see if I did it correctly..[B]Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".
    Visits :<br />1971-Ft Wilderness Campground<br />1973-Poly<br />1973-Disneyland<br />1983-Off property)<br />1985-Poly<br />1990-Off property<br />1994-Port Orleans<br />1996-Happy 25th -Carribean Beach<br />- Poly<br />- Boardwalk -Christmas <br />1997-Dixie Landings<br />1998-Poly<br />1999-Disneyland<br />1999-Disney Cruise<br />2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge<br />2002- Christmas -GOT ENGAGED-Boardwalk-Steeple Chase Suite<br />2003- April *HONEYMOON* - Poly<br />"A Dream is a wish your heart makes" :CINDERELLA<br />...and I have married MY Prince Charming! 03/30/03

Post Thanks / Like

[b]Ok, here goes nothing, let's see if I did it correctly..Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".<hr></blockquote>

Okay, you apparently missed something somewhere... what I just did here was while reading your post (above), I simply clicked on the " " above your post; that should automatically take you to a reply page with exactly what you wrote, starting out with the word QUOTE enclosed in brackets [ ] then Originally posted by whoever, followed by QB also enclosed in brackets, your quote, then /QB in brackets and /QUOTE in another set of brackets. The letter "B" in QB tells it to bold the quote.

Clear as mud, huh ?

________
    RC160
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Frankie...I did it wrong AGAIN!!!
    I need step- by -step directions on EXACTLY what I'm PHYSICALLY doing, right after I decide that I want to include another person's quote. I'm what you might call "Computer Challanged"!
    Frankie, you don't nesserilly have to be my "IT" guy, anyone else that has the PATIENCE to deal with me can help...oh and Frankie, thank you so much for "trying" to help this "challanged" individual out! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Frankie...I did it wrong AGAIN!!!
    I need step- by -step directions on EXACTLY what I'm PHYSICALLY doing, right after I decide that I want to include another person's quote. I'm what you might call "Computer Challanged"!
    Frankie, you don't nesserilly have to be my "IT" guy, anyone else that has the PATIENCE to deal with me can help...oh and Frankie, thank you so much for "trying" to help this "challanged" individual out! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ~ Mary [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

I must have left out something:

1. Click on the quotation marks at the top of the reply you want to quote.
    2. When you do that, you should have a new reply box with the quote in it.
    3. Just scroll down past the [/QUOTE] and type in your reply.
    4. Click on "Add Reply" and that should do it.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Well...........any luck?
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

As far as i know you can't quote quotes. You can only quote what the poster has typed not the quote and what they typed.
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pjbs35a:
    Well...........any luck?<hr></blockquote>

I don't know...did it work???

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Maybe I just needed to get some of the Holiday stress unclogged form my brain!

Thank you so much for all of your help Frankie and the others of you who tried to help me as well)!!
    Have a very Happy New Year! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: TheRealEvilQueen ]

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: TheRealEvilQueen ]</p>

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Dontcha love it when a plan comes together ??

Well done, Mary ! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    ________
    SRX250
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Yeah!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Thanks for the praise guys, but I couldn't have done it without my good firends on INTERCOT! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]
    ~ Mary

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: