INTERCOT is an unofficial Disney site, meaning Disney's official representatives aren't here to say their opinions. The site was created by JohnY, who is head of a company called Levelbest Communications. They build webpages, and Intercot is one of them. I would guess it was JohnY who wanted to start a website on Disney World, and yes, he's still here today.

The first members joined the Discussion Boards in April of 1999. I think, though, the site may have been around a little before that, but I'm not sure.

When the site needs new moderating changes, it first gets brought up in the Moderator Forum. There the current moderators nominate candidates based on contributions to the boards. John has the final say. Once it is agreed, John asks the person to join. I think the last moderating update was in October with the new boards...since then there have been a few adjustments with stars and whatnot, but everything else has remained the same. So, keep on posting answers to peoples' questions, be helpful, but not overpowerful, and you'll get noticed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not sure about the first post. Maybe it was a test post? I know, that in the beginning, there was just one forum where everything got posted. You'll have to ask those people who were here in the beginnning. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope I've been of some help. [img]smile.gif[/img]