Quantcast Thypoon lagoon questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Ok--I've got 8 days till we leave and after reading a couple of trip reports I've got some questions..
    #1 Is there a charge for snorkeling/swimming with the sharks at Thyphoon Lagoon(I read in someone's trip report that is was $20)??
    #2 When you go on the lazy river @TL do they make you get off every time you go around??
    #3 Where's the best place for a locker or to sit @TL if we want to be near the kiddie stuff, the wave pool??

Thank for any help in advance!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    ASMusic Aug. 2002(1st time!!)<br />Pop Century/AKL May 2004---------------------------------------Ohana means family, <br />family means no one gets <br />left behind or forgotten

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't answer 1 as I didn't try it. On #3, it seems to me the lockers were located near the entrance and not far from the kiddie section, but don't quote me. As to #2, you can ride that river until the innertube becomes permanently attached. However, the good manners my mother taught me prevailed and I eventually gave mine up so someone else could play

Have fun!
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
    Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

Post Thanks / Like

To my knowledge, swimming with the sharks is included in the price of admission to the park.

Lockers are centrally located and are located in an area where you can rent towels and enter changing rooms.

You can spend as long as you like in the lazy river.

I seem to recall that the kiddie pool area is off to the left of the wave pool as you approach the pool area.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There is an additional expense to do the other section of swimming with the sharks. You get a tank of compressed air, and you get to swim longer in a different section of the pool. However, you cannot dive, the floating vest won't let you go "under" water. And it is 20 bucks for the first person, 15 for the second. We chose not to do that, just let the kids do the free part as many times as they wanted.

Lesia
    Lesia

May 97, Nov 98 - FW camping
    Jan 00 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 01, Dec 01, Jul 02, Oct 02, Oct 03, Mar 04 - FW camping
    Oct 04 - POFQ
    Mar 05, May 05 - FW camping
    Jun/Jul 05 - CSR
    Oct 05, Dec 05 - FW camping
    Jul 06 - AKL
    Jan 07 - All Star Sports
    Mar 07 - SSR
    Jun 07 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. In answer to your question about snorkling with the sharks..there is no charge for that. They may offer a scuba experience and that might be a charge but just to use the snorkle equiptment it is free...but the experience lacked a lot the last time I was there, but you be the judge. And, everyone else is right, float in the lazy river until the tube becomes another body part, they don't care!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

wait a minute... the park DOES close every evening and they will require you wake up and remove yourself from the lazy river ... no accomidations there yet! Please allow time to remove the tube.

enjoy!
    April 2007 - POFQ
    October 2005 - CBR
    August 2003 - AKL
    November 2002 - POFQ
    September 1994BC (before children)
    March 1994BC
    June 1989BH (before husband!)

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Kelly:
    wait a minute... the park DOES close every evening and they will require you wake up and remove yourself from the lazy river ... no accomidations there yet! Please allow time to remove the tube.

enjoy!
    Don't bother us with details - we're enjoying the ride too much! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

Post Thanks / Like

Inner tube? What inner tube? That lazy river is just as much fun without the tube...*sigh* who cares about the slides? That river alone is worth the price of admission. And the best part is you'll find huge gaps with no people, but then you come to what seems like an endless line of innertube people (and some that people just left behind).

Post Thanks / Like

OH!!! Send me down that lazy river -- Eventually you become part and parcel with the inner tub. Finding a swim suit after that is really TUFF! One thing you must remember, however, SUN SCREEN. I know it's a pain -- but a sunburn is more of a pain. Don't ruin your vacation by becoming a lobster!

186 more days until [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] !

Post Thanks / Like

Tahnks for all your help!!!

Maybe if I hide out in the lazy river I can sleep there??? [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    ASMusic Aug. 2002(1st time!!)<br />Pop Century/AKL May 2004---------------------------------------Ohana means family, <br />family means no one gets <br />left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

On my first trip to TL in 1997, I had a much better snorkeling experience than in 1999. There were more fish, rays, and sharks in 97 than in 99. I do not know why this is. If you've never been snorkeling with sharks, I think you should try it. Since it doesn't cost anything extra, and you're already there, why not go ahead. I did not even know that TL has a separate area to scuba in. I know that if you have an open water scuba certification, you can scuba in the tank at the Living Seas in Epcot. But the price for that was around $120. Hope this helps. Enjoy. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Welcome to Intercot, disney_fan_2000! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    ~Miașoș<br /><br />"Just keep swimming..." -Dory, Finding Nemo<br /><br />"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid." -Cpt. Jack Sparrow, PotC<br /><br />Next trip: February 18, 2005!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by lilo2:
    Tahnks for all your help!!!

Maybe if I hide out in the lazy river I can sleep there??? [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] Well - you didn't hear it from me, okay?, but there's a sort of tunnel behind a waterfall . . . Seriously, that river is real addictive -- once you try it you're hooked. I can't wait to ride that river again! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Thanks Tinkerbelle . I've been checking out the boards for awhile, and finally decided to help out. Since I'm not planning an immediate trip to WDW, helping another disney fan is a close second. It helps me to get through those disney-blues days!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: