Quantcast Stroller/Wheelchair Rental Tip!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that intend to rent the Disney strollers and wheelchairs, here's a few helpful tips!

At Magic Kingdom, if you intend to take the WDW Railroad, but get off at a different stop, just take your personal belongings with you along with your nametag and receipt. When you reach your next (different) stop (and not a complete trip), you can just pick up a stroller at that stop. Pretty cool, huh?

If you are park-hopping during the day, or coming back to the same park, same thing. Just take your personal stuff with you, nametag and receipt, and pick up a stroller or wheelchair at the next destination.

This may save you some $$$! You don't have to pay separately for each park! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim, I never knew that. I know I have paid twice in the past for strollers while park hopping.
    "We wants the redhead!"<br /><br />Over 30 visits since 1976- all on property (why would you stay anywhere else?)<br /><br />GO EAGLES!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about that for the train ! Thanks so much !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Vacation Dad Guest

We plan on getting a wheelchair for Mom. So we can board the train with no worries on getting a new chair at an intermediate stop, or is it only a stroller?

Also, what about the name tag? Is this something she will get when she rents a wheelchair?

Thanks in advance for the answers. This will be our first trip necessitating a wheelchair.

Post Thanks / Like

Main Street Jim:
    Suppose that DW visitors do as your tip suggests.
    Suppose that I leave a wheel chair at point "a" and get on the train. When I return to point "a" to pick up my wheelchair, there are none left because other visitors chose not to return to where they originated.
    This means at point "a" there are no more wheelchairs, but at points "b" and "c" there are too many.
    What do I do now for a wheelchair that I paid for when I return to point "a"?

This is just a "what if" scenario.
    Thanks,<br /><br />Perry<br />Cooper City, Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Our family has taken advantage of this a few times. It is a handy tip to know.

We only had one very minor problem. When we exited the train station at Splash Mountain (!) we didn't see the strollers right away so we headed out the exit expecting to find them at the bottom of the stairs. We had to ask where to find them, then had to head back upstairs to get one. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Turns out there are two exits from the station; had we turned right to exit (I think) instead of left, we would have seen the strollers right there at the station (by the ramp, naturally).
    Ben

Montreal,Quebec,Canada,North America,Northern Hemisphere,Planet Earth,Milky Way
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim I wasn't sure about this [img]smile.gif[/img]
    șoș<b>Max</b>șoș<br /><i>Disney fan since 1985</i><br /><br /><b>1985-2003</b> Many trips filled with magical and wonderful memories...!<br /><b>July 2004</b> : Pop Century<br /><br />** Signature updated upon request by *Liz* **

Post Thanks / Like

Wheelchairs can get on the train, as we have one car designated for wheelchairs. However, we can not take ECVs on board. You can just board with your wheelchair. We just can't take the rental WDW strollers because there's no where to put them on the train.

With regards to wheelchairs, the electric hand-controlled wheelchairs can board as well; just no ECVs as they will not fit into the wheelchair area.

If there are no strollers at your destination stop for the train, you can pick up strollers at the Frontierland Trading Post (next to Country Bear Jamboree), Tinker Bell's Treasures, and Tomorrowland Arcade. At Frontierland, there should be strollers on the platform on your LEFT (opposite of the ramp) as you exit.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Can you take owned strollers on train? I'm assuming collapsed of course (we have one that is not quite an umbrella stroller but not a huge one either...mid-sized), so am thinking wouldn't want to leave our personal one behind if we are stopping mid-way somewhere. Or do all strollers need to be left behind and we have to get back to point A to get it?

Just curious.
    Becky
    Contemporary - 7/05
    Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 7/11 with extended family (15 of us in all!!!)
    ME, DH, DD-17, DS-14, DS-10& DS-7

Post Thanks / Like

We did this back in 1997 and 1998. worked like a charm. We don't need the strollers now, unless they make strollers for the parents that the kids can push!!
    Lesia

May 97, Nov 98 - FW camping
    Jan 00 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 01, Dec 01, Jul 02, Oct 02, Oct 03, Mar 04 - FW camping
    Oct 04 - POFQ
    Mar 05, May 05 - FW camping
    Jun/Jul 05 - CSR
    Oct 05, Dec 05 - FW camping
    Jul 06 - AKL
    Jan 07 - All Star Sports
    Mar 07 - SSR
    Jun 07 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by pbahm:
    Main Street Jim:
    Suppose that DW visitors do as your tip suggests.
    Suppose that I leave a wheel chair at point "a" and get on the train. When I return to point "a" to pick up my wheelchair, there are none left because other visitors chose not to return to where they originated.
    This means at point "a" there are no more wheelchairs, but at points "b" and "c" there are too many.
    What do I do now for a wheelchair that I paid for when I return to point "a"?

This is just a "what if" scenario.
    If you rent a wheelchair or stroller and leave it at say Main St., when you return to Main St. It will still be there. Your nametag will be on it and unless some inconsiderate person "steals" your wheelchair or stroller it will be there waiting for you. They do not give away wheelchairs or strollers of those that are rented and have nametags on. They have an extra supply at each station. "Stealing" can happen anywhere you leave the wheelchair or stroller. This happened at PotC to our friends. We left the wheelchair in the designated area and when we returned from the ride it was gone. It turns out that there was an emergency and instead of using the wheelchair that belonged at Pirates they took my friends. It just so happened that it was absolutely pouring when we came out. The CM sent me over to Frontierland trading Post to get one, but they were out. The CM then had to send someone to the front of the park to get my friend another one.

[ February 24, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Beach Club Babe ]
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can take your own personal strollers on the train, provided they are collapsed/folded first BEFORE you try to go through the turnstiles. I see too many guests at Frontierland try to carry an OPEN stroller UP the steps, then realize, "Dang", they gotta fold it up anyways to get it on the train. If they'da folded it in the first place...LOL...

Oh...and DO NOT get caught trying to use the wheelchair ramps and entrances for strollers, because you *will* be sent back downstairs to fold the stroller and then carry it right back up the steps

I always try to catch guests at Frontierland trying to take their strollers up the ramps there BEFORE the Railraod CM gets to them. Some of 'em just look at me like, "You don't work at the trains, why should I listen to you?" only to come right back down the ramp fifteen seconds later because they got caught....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info!

I haven't been to WDW since I was about 7 and that was back when Magic Kingdom was all there was!

It's nice to know these little tidbits to make things run smoother as otherwise I would be wandering around clueless making all sorts of silly mistakes [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] that if I know ahead of time will make life easier.
    Becky
    Contemporary - 7/05
    Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 7/11 with extended family (15 of us in all!!!)
    ME, DH, DD-17, DS-14, DS-10& DS-7

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: