Quantcast Super Soap Weekend and crowds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I just realized that part of my November stay at AKL will be during Super Soap Weekend. Can anyone tell me whether this is a major event? Will the crowds be noticeably larger at Disney Studios? Thank you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

"All My Children’s" star Susan Lucci (Erica Kane) will headline the lineup of more than 30 stars from the ABC daytime dramas November 8-9, 2003 at the eighth edition of ABC Super Soap Weekend at the Disney-MGM Studios in Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

Throughout the event, fans will have the opportunity to meet favorite stars from the four ABC Daytime dramas -- “General Hospital,” “All My Children,” “One Life To Live” and “Port Charles.” Fan festivities include celebrity motorcades, autograph sessions, game shows, interviews and the chance to purchase one-of-a-kind memorabilia from each of the shows. The elaborate, star-studded event also features live musical performances by several cast members.

The event is included with admission to the Disney-MGM Studios. A special ABC Super Soap Weekend vacation package is also available. For the latest updates, guests may call the ABC Super Soap Weekend Hotline at 407-397-6808.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Crowds at MGM will be large, but waits for the attractions won't be bad. Most of the crowd follows the soap stars around. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Last year was the most crowded ever. (Maybe those that stayed away in 2001 decided to try the next time).

Studios closed both days during the weekend at some point due to reaching park capacity.

Crowds big everywhere (for November that is).

My advice, if you can't switch dates, is to try to do the Studios and MK before or after the weekend and do AK and Epcot during the weekend. Get to the parks as early as you can and do the most popular things first.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me whether this is a major event?
    This is the 8th year and it is a big event. They're running the commercials constantly during the daytime on ABC already.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Like the other posters said, the crowds are big but the lines for the rides are short. We went last year with a 2 months old and a 2 year old, and we did nothave any problems getting onto the rides. We just stayed away from the areas were they have the soap stars. The only thing that is different those days is the normal afternoon parade does not happen. The soap stars have there own parade.

If you can I would stay way from MGM that weekend and just hit it another day or your vacation. Either way I would not worry about it to much.
    So many trips I can't count them all.
    Aug 15-17, 2003 CS
    Sept 26-28,2003 AKL
    Oct 25-26, 2003 ASMo
    Nov 7-9, 2003 CS
    Sept 22-26, 2005 ASMo
    April 2007
    Oct 21-24, 2009
    Jan 15-21, 2011 Camping at FW!!
    Nov 3-6, 2011 1st time to DLR!!

Post Thanks / Like

We went to MGM on our last of our trip last year when Soap Star Weekend began. It was very crowded, but as mentioned the wait time for attractions were almost nil. The worst part about it was fight your way through the crowds to get to the next attraction.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: