Quantcast Can you be too big for Mission Space

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I realize that not many have experienced this attraction yet but my brother, who is 6'4" and says he's 250 lbs (probrably closer to 275 ) is going to be there for soft opening in August and is concerned he won't be able to ride. What do you think?
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am short, but pretty larg around the mid-section. I have never been uncomfortable at Disney, at Universal is a different story. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Mission: Space's pods have dividers between the seats and the front screen/controls are brought in to you close but I'm confident that your brother will be able to experience the attraction.

It's not as tight a squeeze as the seats on an airplane in coach- the best sort of analogy as far as seating would be like some of the inverted/suspended roller coasters these days (the ones where they look like ski lift chairs)- an example would be coaster like dueling dragons at Islands of Adventure.

Before you enter the attraction there's a mock-up of one of the training pods in the queue area where you can see just how large the pod is and how the seating is arranged.

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to provide some further details on Mission: Space for those guests who have a larger frame:

1.) The attraction has a theoretical weight limit of 300 lbs. per seat (each capsule has a maximum rider rating of 1200 lbs). The only real restriction here is that the over the shoulder restraint system must be able to lock.

2.) The maximum theoretical height restriction for Mission: Space will be 84 inches (7 feet).

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the follow up.

Originally posted by Mufasa:

The attraction has a theoretical weight limit of 300 lbs. per seat
    Would they actually turn someone away from riding if they're too heavy? Do they have signs? That would be very embarrassing for someone.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that limit seems a bit low, judging by some of the people I've seen at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more curious about size rather than weight. My sister is on the weighty side, but her problem on some rides is the size of her bust. She always has to get in the big person's seat on the coasters at Universal so the harnesses can be secured over her humongous headlights.

What are the belts and harnesses like on Mission: Space?
    Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez-moi pancakes!! Click click bloody click pancakes!!!

My signature is an honor roll student at Intercot Elementary School.

Post Thanks / Like

HI! I'm 6'2" and weight 275 lbs. I got on the ride fine without any problems. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] The seats weren't even a tight fight! And the harnesses are similar to rollercoaster harnesses: over the shoulder, v-shape, you pull them down & lock them in place. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    MIcKEy ºoº
    "Behave at the peak of genetic madness." -Ray Bradbury

"All I want you to think about is when people walk or ride through anything you design, I want them to have smiles on their faces when they leave. Just remember that and that's all I ask of you." -Walt Disney to the Imagineers

Post Thanks / Like

Posted by PolyGirl140: Would they actually turn someone away from riding if they're too heavy? Do they have signs? That would be very embarrassing for someone.
    My guess would be if someone was over 300 lbs then the castmembers would just make certain that they didn't fill the pod up with 4 people. Maybe they would only seat 2 or 3 people in the pod so that they didn't go over the wieght limit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: