Quantcast Attraction of the Week 11-25 -- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This ride is pure Disney. [img]smile.gif[/img] I love riding it at night especially. One time I rode it at night in the rain - seems faster and more dramatic although it probably really is exactly the same as always. [img]smile.gif[/img] The queue music is great for the ride. I actually have the BTM area music on a cd. lol. My fave spot to ride would have to be the back. You get more hill dropping speed. The front is a little slow on the hills. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A decent ride though I barely qualify it as a coaster. Theming is good, but there should be more to a ride ride than theming. That theming on a coaster with a 200-foot twisting drop would be incredible.
    <BR>

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

The lack of roller coaster type drops is the precise thing that makes this ride one of mt family's favorites. My wife and I do not enjoy rides with steep drops and falls. My kids sit in the back of the train and we sit in the front. It is plenty thrilling just as it is. With ToT, RnR, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain there are enough drops for anyone.

We rode this ride over and over during and E-ride night. I haven't been on during the day but it was great at night.
    1981-offsite<br />1987-offsite<br />1998-ASMu<br />2001-CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great attraction! Very detailed with great theming. Some people may complain because it is not very fast compared with other coasters that exist today but Big Thunder is A+ in my book. Tremendous fun for everyone!
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

I love this ride....ESPECIALLY in the dark! Once u ride it in the dark you will never wanna ride it in the day again..ok..so maybe that isnt true..i would ride it no matter what time of the day..but it is definetly 10 times better in the dark!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JimmyC:
    My wife loves it for the same reasons, but also because it has no drops. Just curves and hills. [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Okay, so I haven't done this one, but am considering it next trip... but the four year old still talks about Goofy's Barnstormer as being "too high". There is one decent drop, as I recall and the whole dang ride is probably less than 2 minutes long. She didn't cry, or scream...just looked stunned, then said she didn't like it.

So, to a shortie, is BMR really "no drops"?

I think "fast hills" might be a sell for her!

(Plus the whole "big girl" thing yadda-yadda.)

And what the hey, if it is THAT cool at night, is that the BEST way for me to experience it as a first-timer?
    Anastasia

~POP Again in 2010~

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GreatBigBeautifulTomorrow:

Okay, so I haven't done this one, but am considering it next trip... but the four year old still talks about Goofy's Barnstormer as being "too high". There is one decent drop, as I recall and the whole dang ride is probably less than 2 minutes long. She didn't cry, or scream...just looked stunned, then said she didn't like it.

So, to a shortie, is BMR really "no drops"?

I think "fast hills" might be a sell for her!

(Plus the whole "big girl" thing yadda-yadda.)

And what the hey, if it is THAT cool at night, is that the BEST way for me to experience it as a first-timer?
    <hr></blockquote>

I have not done Goofy's Barnstormer. Big Thunder does have one pretty big drop and a few other small drops. It also has a huge curve(my favorite part of the ride) and several other curves. If you take your daughter on it, make sure to request the front of the train because the back is a more intense ride. The ride is also more intense at night(more fun in my opinion). You might want the four year old to ride it during the day. Thunder Mountain is definitely higher and also longer that Goofy's Barnstormer. Hope this helps.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: