Quantcast Question about bricks...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Good morning! I want to surprise my hubby on our anniversary with a little Disney "gift" [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] . I know they have the "Leave a Legacy" at Epcot, but I was wondering if they do the bricks/stones with names/dates/etc. I don't think it was at Epcot but it seems like it was at one of the other resorts...MK maybe? Anyway, if anyone has info...I would appreciate it! I'll owe ya a cold one... [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] <----Root beer that is!
    Stasha<br />THE Originial: twice every year<br />"Euro Disney" (as it WAS called) OPENING DAY 1992<br />WDW 2000 where my sweetie proposed<br />Disneyland Paris 2001 - Honeymoon of course!<br />WDW 2002 - Headed back in September...wonder what is in store for me this time!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what you are refferring to is the Walk Around the World.

For $110 you can buy a 10-inched hexagon shaped brick and have your name written on it. You can also buy granite bricks for $225. It will create an entire walkway around the 7 Seas Lagoon when its done and will cost $9.6 million dollards. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Soure:Unofficial Guide to WDW 2002
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

I don't *think* that the bricks are available any longer. I can check this weekend and see. The last I remember them being sold was during the Millennium Celebration, and the latest dates I can remember seeing on them was 2000.

But I'll check and see what I can find out.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

The bricks are no longer available.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
    will cost $9.6 million dollards.

[img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately ... the bricks are gone. I found out the hard way ...My parents bought a brick when they first came out [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] About 8 months before my wedding (April 2001) I had called and was pleased to have a Brick Rep. send me the info in mail. I ordered the granite wedding brick as a surprise and was awaiting our honeymoon @ the Polynesian. My parents went to WDW in March and when they got back informed me that the brick was not there ... I freaked out since we were going to WDW in less than 3 weeks. To make a long story short ... after about 10 calls and 3 transfers I spoke to the Brick Installer who said they were discontinued due to the cost and lack of intrest from guests. He said he would try to find out where the brick was ... long and behold it was on the back of a truck!! He assured me that it would be in by April 7th and when we got there it was [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] My wife was so happy and I was so thankful ... leave it to Disney to make our Honeymoon special [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true ...<br /><br />Trips to be: January 2005 - Wilderness Lodge Villa's<br /><br />WDW - '84, '87, '90, '92, '93 , '95, <br />'97-Polynesian, <br />'99(Proposed)-Polynesian ,<br />'01(Honeymoon)-Polynesian, <br />'02-Wilderness Lodge<br />'03-Wilderness Lodge Villa's<br /><br />DL - '85, '88

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the false info guys. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I guess the guide needs updating..

Amy-is Dollards funn? Or is the fact that it would cost 9.6 dollards funny?
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

funn?
    [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

I know that they had bricks available at DL too. We decided not to get one since they were only guanteed to be there for 10 years. Was the same true for WDW?
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Weird. I was just walking from the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom today, noticing the bricks along the way. I was wondering if they were selling them, but I figured not, as the latest date I saw was 2000.
    We all must have this "Intercot" brain-wave thing going...
    How much exactly is a Dollard?? I thought maybe it was like a "Disney Dollar", but it was for buying stuff at Dillard's.
    Roger<br /><i>If you can dream it, you can do it</i> -<b>Walt E. Disney</b>, 1901-1966

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's unfortunate that they no longer have the bricks available for purchase- my family got one the first year they offered them, and it is a fun diversion every year to try to find it. We always try to find it without asking for the little map first- but we always end up needing the little map at the end!

From what I remember, there was no time limitation on the bricks (that they would only be around for 10 years or something), but WDW reserves the right to move them at any time, and that you have no gaurantee that on your next visit your brick might not be removed and "In transit" to its next location somewhere in the World.
    "If you had wings, you could do all these things. Eastern will be your wings."

Post Thanks / Like

When my husband and I went last June for our Honeymoon, he checked to see if he could get a brick for us. We were told that Leave a Legacy in Epcot was replacing the bricks in MK. So we got two squares at the Leave a Legacy at Epcot. I can't wait to find them when we go back again this June! It was much cheaper than one of the bricks.
    January '08: All Star Sports
    October '06: Pop Century
    February '06: Pop Century
    February '05: Wilderness Lodge
    February '04: Pop Century
    February '03: Wilderness Lodge
    June '02: All Star Sports (1st anniversary)
    June '01: Port Orleans-French Quarter (Honeymoon)
    August '99: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Question

question...
    I've heard rumor that Leave a Legacy was only going to be around for a short time....not nearly long enought to "Leave a Legacy"...does anyone know if this is true???
    "M-I-C....K-E-Y....M-O-U-S-E!"<br /><br />"I'm gonna need a stretch....uh...make that a SUPER STRETCH!" (Rock N' Rollercoaster with my favorite band, AEROSMITH!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: