Quantcast Kali River Rapids Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Is there a place in the middle of this ride to store things? I realize it won't be water-proof if there is, but just kind of wondered about the general set-up.

Thanks for the info!

37 days & counting to CBR ! ! !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, right in the center. The circle railing which you can hold onto opens up and you can put anything you don't want to get wet. It is generally waterproof, (I believe the top is plastic and zippers up)a little water can possibly get in. All of our things have stayed dry though.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure that you put your socks in there too (yes, it is fairly waterproof but I would put your valuables, i.e., camera, in a plastic ziplock bag just to be sure). I didn't and my feet got totally soaked. But Disney conveniently has a kiosk with socks, underwear, etc. for sale, pretty close to the ride exit. How nice of them!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

If you put your feet up on the railing around the center, your shoes will barely get wet (no water ever really reaches the center of the boat) If you leave your feet on the floor, they will get drenched. Kali isn't like a typical raft ride... you'll get wet, but not soaked. On my last trip, I rode three times in a row and still wasn't drenched...

Any valuables should be perfectly safe and dry in the center compartment... however, it's up to you if you want to put your $500 video camera there, or spring for a $1 locker...

Post Thanks / Like

We rode Kali River Rapids 29 times the last vacation there and found that it is best to take advantage of the center storage area. It does not have a seal around the edge of the flexible plastic cover. Sometimes some water will splash though a small opening and run down the inside of the storage area, so it is best to stick your socks into your shoes and set any valuables on top of the shoes.

You can also stop by a gift shop and ask for a spare plastic bag to put your camera etc. in for extra protection.

Unless you don't mind squishing in your shoes, put them in the center.

The question is not whether you get wet...it is how wet [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by ElenitaB:
    But Disney conveniently has a kiosk with socks, underwear, etc. for sale, pretty close to the ride exit. How nice of them!
    Do they really? I never knew that! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your help! Am I correct in assuming it's OK to go barefoot on this ride by putting your socks and shoes in the middle?

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by kip099:
    Kali isn't like a typical raft ride... you'll get wet, but not soaked. On my last trip, I rode three times in a row and still wasn't drenched...
    Wish we were so lucky! My husband and I got completely drenched!!

Melanie
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Hirpa:
    Thank you for your help! Am I correct in assuming it's OK to go barefoot on this ride by putting your socks and shoes in the middle?
    No (and yes). The cast members tell you that you have to keep your shoes and socks on at all times. So everyone politely smiles, sits on the boat and then proceeds to remove their shoes and socks. As long as you do it when you're actually sitting on the ride, they won't say anything.

I think they're more worried about liability if someone hurts their feet walking on the moving platform.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Kali isn't like a typical raft ride... you'll get wet, but not soaked.
    Yeah right !! Between my wife & I we had one small dry spot under my right underarm...well, maybe not, it was pushing 90' Monday. Keeping your feet up is good advice - we had half a foot of water just sloshing around the bottom of the raft when we exited.
    D-A-D-D-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E !

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Jan ' 03 Romantic Getaway
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    Aug '06 New addition's 1st trip
    Sept '07 No boys, but everyone else!
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

On Kali River Rapids it's random, you won't get soaked if you're facing the bottom of the drop as you go down...now if your back is facing the bottom of the drop as you go down prepare for a tsunami. This was my fate and I went into an air conditioned Rainforest Cafe right afterward...boy was I stupid! I was FREEZING!
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Kali isn't like a typical raft ride... you'll get wet, but not soaked. On my last trip, I rode three times in a row and still wasn't drenched...
    Wow!! Must have been the luck of the seating! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] My first time on DH and I got DRENCHED~ even our underwear!! My sis and BIL tooks pics of us after, because we had only one little dry spot on our backsides. I had just bought a straw hat in the gift shop, and mistakenly, did not remove it. All the starch washed out! My family went last year and wore ponchos~ they stayed more dry, but takes away some of the fun, I think. TIP: wear clothes that dry fast or wear well while wet. 'Cause walking around soaked, isn't fun. Can you say CHAFING? [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]
    Already planning our next trip for July of 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

... you'll get wet, but not soaked. On my last trip, I rode three times in a row and still wasn't drenched...

Well I admit that I chicken out and always wear a poncho because I seem to be a magnet for the water. If I'm on your boat, don't worry because I'm always on the receiving end of the "tidal wave" at the bottom of the drop.
    There is only one place I want to be......

Next Trip:

August 2009 ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Disney_nut:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ElenitaB:
    But Disney conveniently has a kiosk with socks, underwear, etc. for sale, pretty close to the ride exit. How nice of them!
    Do they really? I never knew that! [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Imagine that. Disney actually has a so called "gift shop" for the ride. I bet the prices are conveniently high.

I am being a bit too sarcastic, but it is funny in a weird sort of way.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in early December 2001, we were able to get on and off the ride with out our shoes and socks. They may have a policy about it, but nobody said anything.

If you are required to put them on before getting off the ride, they would have to shut it down every few minutes to let the water drain out & to give people time to put them on.

Maybe that is why they don't say anything.
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

I got drenched the one and only time I went on this ride... I was the one on the receiving end of the tsunami! Everyone else in the raft got to watch (and laugh ). And if I'm remembering correctly (I've been blocking the memory out of my mind!), I think there was a waterfall under which I got stuck! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Needless to say, I didn't go back on that ride for the rest of that trip.... I may try it again next time, but I will definitely make sure I'm wearing quick drying clothes and sandals (not socks and running shoes *squish*).

[img]graemlins/mixed.gif[/img]

[ April 05, 2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pixie Dust ]
    Next WDW visit:<br />Oct'03-WL!!!<br /><br />Past WDW Visits:<br />Apr/May'02-CSR<br />May'01-AKL/WL/DCL/BC (Honeymoon!!!)<br />Aug'00-DxL/WL<br />Aug'99-CSR<br />Sept'95-ASM/DxL <br />Apr'91-offsite<br />Mar'83-offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: