Quantcast The Great Movie Ride -- Cowboy or Gangster?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Okay Gang. What’s the skinny or best strategy?

I’ve been on The Great Movie Ride countless times. In fact, it’s my favorite MGM attraction. I’ve never been nabbed by the Cowboy. I even tried to go to the right and enter the upper door, on my recent trip. Nope -- still vehicle-nabbed by a Gangster. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

What am I doing wrong? Is there a big difference in the script? [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i read somewhere on here that outlawed people are those in the very first car. anyone confirm this? we got outlawed maybe once or twice during the first years of mgm. everytime since . . . gangstered.
    -Hillary

"May it go well for you, and may your hearts be
    gladdened with the beauty and music of Mexico."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think the front car is the one to be on, which makes sense (I think), since the outlaw scene comes after the gangster scene. So the front car goes past the gangster scene and then stops at the outlaw scene, while the back car stops at the gangster scene.

Just to be on the safe side (and counting on the kindness and flexibility of the Great Movie Ride CM's), I would ask a CM if you could be seated in the car with the outlaw. I'll bet they'll accomodate you! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know there was a different scenario until we were on it last time and got "outlawed" instead of "gangstered"! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    In fact my very first impression was that they changed the ride, then I realized that the other car (behind us, I think) was taken over by the gangster. So, I think the first of the 2 cars is the way to go to get outlawed! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Next WDW visit:<br />Oct'03-WL!!!<br /><br />Past WDW Visits:<br />Apr/May'02-CSR<br />May'01-AKL/WL/DCL/BC (Honeymoon!!!)<br />Aug'00-DxL/WL<br />Aug'99-CSR<br />Sept'95-ASM/DxL <br />Apr'91-offsite<br />Mar'83-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

If you get in the first group of cars, you should go throught the outlaw section.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Just ask a CM. I did and it worked for me. The CM was very accomodating.

Post Thanks / Like

The front 2 cars see the outlaws, while the back 2 cars see the gangsters. There is no difference in the script other than the fact that the outlaw cars move quicker at the beginning so that they can get into the outlaw room, while the gangster cars move slower.

Also, there are 2 lines inside the GMR when they are both open, one to the right and one to the left. I forget which is for which, but I think the one on the left is for the gangster and the one on the right is for the outlaws???
    Will<br /><br />"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring."

Post Thanks / Like

I never realized that before, but I guess that's right! Our 1st 2 rides were gangster and we were in the back. Our 2nd 2 rides were outlaw and we were in the front.

I definitely like the gangster scene better. I'll have to remember that when we go again so I can see the gangster.

I don't know if there is any difference in the script. But both times we had the outlaw scene we had girls and it didn't seem very convincing!
    The gangsters we had seemed to be really into the part!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

It's very simple. The people in the first tram get the outlaw and the people in the second tram get the gangster. I didn't notice much of a difference besides the fact that either character acted differently for obvious reasons. But they both suffer the same fate so if you've only seen one and never the other, you're not missing much.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I was part of the opening crew of the GMR in 1989. We only had guys as gangsters and girls as (Ma Durango, the cowgirl.) It wasn't until a year later that we added guys to the western scene (Kid Durango). I haven't worked there since 1990, but it is practically the same show. The script has changed gradually over the years. The first few years were the best however. There doesn't seem to be as much of a freshness to it anymore. (even though I have had a few really good tourguides in the past couple of years). If you go in the front car with the first tour guide, you hit the western scene. The back car with the back tour guide(cars made up of two sections each) hits the gangster scene. When going in the queue, stay right for the western scene, stay left for gangster. Every time. It was a blast to work at that time there.

Dana [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer we had both the gangster and the outlaw--i LOVED the gangster scene b/c he was very much a cutie and i was sitting right next to the drivers seat so he put his hat on me and told me he was impressed htat i knew that the ransom stoddard sign was from the man that shot liberty valance [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I wish I knew who he was so I could see if he was still working when i go down there in may
    "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, disneyworld proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination! with thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthomagnetic musical sounds...<br />THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: