Quantcast Wolf in Haunted Mansion

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

**wasn't 100% sure if this should go in theme parks or trivia but I am thinkin theme parks...if ya have to move it I won't be too heart broken [img]graemlins/winky.gif[/img]

I read somewhere that the howling wolf in the background outside of the HM at WDW is actually a character in the ride. He is a wolf with no skin..just muscle and bone and what not. And he is the reason why the dog and the gravedigger are so scared in the graveyard scene. And that you're supposed to be able see him behind the gravedigger or something. anyone have any info on this or can back this up? I know there is a huge story behind the HM that many don't know(i.e. the love story with gracey and his wife etc etc etc) and I was wondering if this was part of it. Thanx!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that the howling sound heard in the queue was made from "hell hound." He is in the graveyard scene on the left and in the back. It is the skeletal remains of a dog/wolf [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img]
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! --WDW Monorail

"No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it." --The Emperor, Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I don't know anything about the howling wolf, but from what I understand, the reason the gravedigger and dog are so scared is because they see you....at that point in the ride you are supposed to be a ghost. After the attic scene, when you turn around and go down backwards...this is supposed to represent you dying and your spirit materializing to join the other ghosts in celebration. That is why the graveyard scene is fun and far less serious than other scenes.
    Tony
    Former Operations CM at Disney's Animal Kingdom! (Tarzan Rocks & Dinosaur)
    College Program Participant
    May 2001 - November 2001

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of that story, Tony. That's very interesting... [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very interesting story...I have never heard that either...the HM is full of neat stories...I always heard they were scared of the "hell hound"...ofcourse i also heard that the hell hound was Gracey's pet and many other stories
    HM has one of if not the most interesting back story of all the attractions at WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

Tony's story is the correct version of what I've heard. The wife (the 'clear' woman with the red beating heart) in the attic pushes you out the window to your death and your spirit scares the old man and dog.
    I'd rather be@Walt Disney World :)<br />'04<br />&gt;12/17-24@AS:S,MVMCP<br />&gt;12/3-5@AS:S,MVMCP<br />10/22-24@PC,MNSSHP<br />10/8-10@AS:S,MNSSHP<br />8/1-6,9/10@DoI:N,9/11-12,9/26@DoI:BB<br />7/16-19@PC<br />7/2-5@AS:Mv<br />6/18-21@PC<br />1/1-4,1/16-18,5/4-11,6/5DoI:MI<br />42 days, so far@WDW in '04<br />&gt;586 days@WDW as of 1/1/4<br />'02)68 days@WDW+3 DoI:MI+MJ+Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'02)65 days@WDW+1 DoI:Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'01)53 days@WDW+1 D.onIce:TS2, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'00)36 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'99)46 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'72-'99)AS:Mu, DIx2, Poly x2, GF, C

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that when the doombuggie turns around, it drops 6 feet (as in 6 feet under) and represents your death.

I have also heard about the "hellhound" being in the graveyard scene, but have never seen it. It is supposed to be real scary.
    There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that darn wolf in Frontierland...

I'm scared...that story about going down 6feet is freaky !
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

Stop it...you guys are freakin me out!
    I've always told my daughter what a light hearted ride it is. Now I'm not so sure.
    John [aka joho0]<br />Central Floridian and Disney World fanatic for 30 years<br /><br /><i>May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all that come to this happy<br />place...a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn together.</i><br />- Roy O. Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a picture of a pet cementary at the HM at Magic Kingdom. Can someone tell me where that is located????

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

The Pet Cemetary is to the left as you exit, on the side of the hill. There's a lot a ferns all around and in it, so it's pretty easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

......is this room really stretching?
    27 trips to WDW<br /><br />up next: Contemporary/Disney Cruise June 04

kansasteen13 Guest

I heard that at Disneyland orignally it was supposed to be told by crows and if you have been on it you will see some of the crows orignally planned to tell the story.Also The ghost host was orignally planned to be the husband of the bride in the attic but he had thought she was having a affair and killed her but found out she wasn't and killed himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly( I saw supposedly b/c none of these "back stories" have ever been verified) but supposedly the crow that u see throughout the ride was Madame Leota's( the head in the crystal ball in the seance room) pet. She had a thing for Master Gracey and was jealous that he loved the bride in the attic...so she cursed the house and all who came to it...that is why there are so many ghosts there b/c everyone that comes to the house ends up gettin put six feet under.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Interesting stories!! [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img]

I'll be sure to look for the wolf when I'm there [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    '74- OffSite- '81- Offsite - '92- FW Homes - '95- FW Homes - '97- FW Homes - '99- FW Homes - '01- POFQ, nope, CB - '03- FW Cabins - '05- FW Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to look hard for that dern wolf...I looked and I looked the last time that I went and I couldn't find it for the life of me! If ANYONE has actually SEEN it with their own two eyes please let me know! hahah Thanx! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The wolf is located in the graveyard, almost opposite the caretaker and his dog. He stands towards the back on the left hand side of the doom buggy, sort of next to and behind the tree. He is just bones but he does howl matching the sound of the howl. You may have never seen him because he is visible just after your doom buggy turns. Most likely you're looking at the caretaker and never look to the other side.
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey i was just wondering about the story gracey and his wife and the back stories about HM. could anyone tell me some good ones? thanks!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    &lt;3,<br />~ Princess Belle ~<br />*************************<p>6x and counting!!!! Next trip- June 2002!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: