Quantcast TOWER OF TERROR QUESTION

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

1.Can you tell me how the seatting is on the ride or do you stand?

2.can anyone tell me where i can find photos of the ride?

thank for the info... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Upcoming Trip:
    Jan 09 CSR Christmas Day Surprise
    Previous:
    Jan 08 CBR
    July 06 CBR
    Jan. 05 CBR
    Feb. 04 POR
    Jan. 01 CBR
    Jan. 00 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Contrary to the promotional artwork for TOT where the people look like they are standing, you sit on what I remember to be bench-type things. Each elevator sits around 24 people. There is one seat in the back row that only has a seat belt, not a handle bar. That's the one you want (I've never done it but I'm going for it in two weeks)

Some of the other WDW sites have pics; but I don't wanna get busted for posting links. THere are also some sites devoted to TOT; try a search on Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. You find a bunch of pics. The ride is way cool; one of my favs and one of the first things I hit when I get to WDW.
    Be kind to one another.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!
    To answer your questions:
    You sit on the ride. The best way I can describe it is you enter a large elevator up the center and there are rows of seats to which you are assigned. I was in the very front and there was a lap bar. I hear though that some or maybe all of the back row is a seat belt.

As far as pictures of the ride -- right now I can't think of where any might be but I'm sure somebody else will be along shortly to point you in the right direction.

I was really nervous my first time on it but really enjoyed it. Next time I go I plan to sit in the back row.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br />"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life." <br />Walt Disney<br />* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br />****************************<br />WDW Trips:<br /> 198? July Off-site<br /> 2001 Dec 28 - 30 Off-site<br />Next Trip:<br /> 2002 Dec 8 - 17 <br /> Fort Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

They are correct that you sit on bench seats with a lap bar-I think the front row is the best. There is only one "jump" seat in the back that holds you in with a seat belt.

Anyway you go though,it's a great ride. You'll want to do it over and over again. If it's busy make sure you use fastpass.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

kansasteen13 Guest

Like everyone else said you sit down on benches,I have sat in first and last row for the view first is best it is a great ride.

Post Thanks / Like

There are 22 seats.

For good resources go to search.yahoo.com and type in Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, several good sites will pop up. Some have good pictures too...
    --"Michael Darling"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thank for all the posts ..now i get it.... [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Upcoming Trip:
    Jan 09 CSR Christmas Day Surprise
    Previous:
    Jan 08 CBR
    July 06 CBR
    Jan. 05 CBR
    Feb. 04 POR
    Jan. 01 CBR
    Jan. 00 CBR

Stationed in Dover, De, USA, but from Arkansas..Go Hogs
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yep, you sit, and let me tell ya, this ride ROCKS!!! The seatbelt seat is the best, but it's a great ride no matter where you sit. I prefer to sit in the ver back row because I like to raise my hands into the air, and I don't like to do that if I'm in the front or middle rows. I did it once and my hand covered up someones face in the picture. I felt bad because that person may have wanted to buy that picture. So since then, I try to sit in the back row, and if I don't get the back row, I don't hold my hands up. I know, I know, I'm Mister Nice Guy...
    Dewey - AKA-DisneyHog
    Proud member of U.S. Air Force
    1 Trip to DLP - Jul 2005
    21 Trips to WDW - 1985-2006
    Next trip-April/May 2007!

I Wish I Was In Disney World

GO HOGS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I rode as a solo rider on ToT, and was placed into the "SEAT-BELT" seat.
    Every row has a lap bar, and a grip in front of them to hold on to. The seat-belt seat does not.
    On the first drop, I didn't know where to hold on to. I found some handles at the side of the seats, but found it difficult to hold on that way. I decided to put alot of faith into the seat-belt and hope it did it's job! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Roger<br /><i>If you can dream it, you can do it</i> -<b>Walt E. Disney</b>, 1901-1966

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is one of the best rides at Disneyworld. I have to retell this-- on of the best laughs ever from our trips. We were on ToT, and just at the point where the "ghost family" fades away and it changes to stars, a young boy of about 5 says to his Dad in that cute boy voice-- "This is a bad ride. They kill people on this ride." Everyone busted out laughing. I felt sorry for the kid since he was so sincere, but man was it funny at the time. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

The seatbelt seat is the best seat in the elevator in my opinion. [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] I got to ride in that seat for the first time ever last December and I loved it. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] The elevator does indeed have 21 seats with a lap bar and one seat with a seatbelt.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I love that brief moment at the top, just before the drop when you can look out and see that HUGE hidden Mickey at the Studios (actually, I guess it is the Studios!) [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: