Quantcast I am afraid... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am afraid...

Post Thanks / Like

Gail, absolutely scream when you go down the big hill--it not only releases tension, but it makes the ride a lot more fun!

My 9-year-old rolls his eyes whenever we go on any of the thrill rides, whether at Disney or elsewhere. Because no matter how many times I have been on them I scream. He says "Mom, why do always scream when you're used to this ride?" My answer is always that that's part of what makes a ride more fun for me! [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Originally posted by G:
    Thanks for sharing the great stories. I am going to try it. I am scared of heights so I will close my eyes at the top, but open them on the way down. I usually panic silently, so this time I will try screaming maybe it will help. I told my daughter(9) that I was going to ride with her. She is very happy, but now she is trying to talk me into TOT. I think not.
    That's great! I think you'll enjoy it, esp. since another family member will be on with you. And I think you have the right idea about screaming- that will release all of that built up anxiety quickly and fast. At the bottom of the final drop you'll take a deep breath re-energizing yourself, and as other have said be like I did it!

Have fun on your next trip!
    Discover The Wonder
    EpCot

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Oh come on, you have to ride Splash Mountain! It's probably the only ride in the Magic Kingdom that I would call an equal to the Haunted Mansion and PotC! And this probably doesn't mean much since I'm a fan of roller coasters, but I think all of the drops on Splash Mountain qualify as fun, not scary.

Stationed in Dover, De, USA, but from Arkansas..Go Hogs
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

You gotta ride Splash Mtn. Who cares if you don't like drops? 2 seconds VS. 10 minutes of wonderful Disney Magic? No contest. Not to mention, since Disney has wussed out and won't release Song of the South in the U.S., this is the only way we get to see this story. Just give it a try, it will be well worth the 2 seconds of falling, I promise.
    Dewey - AKA-DisneyHog
    Proud member of U.S. Air Force
    1 Trip to DLP - Jul 2005
    21 Trips to WDW - 1985-2006
    Next trip-April/May 2007!

I Wish I Was In Disney World

GO HOGS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the ride, Gail!
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

snmthecloser Guest

Heres the deal...when I was 7 I rode it for the first time and I will not go on ANY roller coasters. It is not nearly as bad as any roller coaster. I say bite the bullet and enjoy, but it is ALWAYS your choice! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I made an agreement; if we were going all the way to WDW, we were going to ride everything. We didn't want to come home with any "shoulda, woulda, coulda". Our friends still talk about how funny our Splash picture is. What a great memory, to be able to say WE DID IT and to have the picture to prove it! JUST DO IT! You'll be glad you did!
    Grand Floridian 09/01
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 05/04
    Polynesian 09/09 - 10-year Anniversary/DD 3rd Bday
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/13 - 15-year Anniversary/DD 8th Bday

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

Post Thanks / Like

I am so scared of Ferris Wheels but I LOVE Splash Mountain. I used to be the BIGGEST chicken. I wouldn't ride any rollercoasters or thrill rides. But one year I decided to try Thunder Mountain, then I did Splash, and before I knew it I had even done Rockin' Rollercoaster! Splash Mountain really isn't bad at all. My mom doesn't like Rollercoasters one bit but she really enjoys Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and even Tower of Terror. They are nothing like Ferris Wheels. I think you'd be very pleasantly suprised. I'd try it. You know you'll come off safe and at worst - you just wouldn't ride it again. I say try it. Have fun! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the first time I was getting on it with my mother, who is also very scared of thrill rides- She stoped one of the cast memebers that were at the beginning of the line and asked if this ride was scary- The cast memeber simply replied- "Lady, its a DISNEY ride" That has always stood out in my mind.
    I took a shoe today and filled it with gum. I've never seen such a great work of art, or had a more comfortable shoe.

iChat A/V and iSight

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: