Quantcast How early can you get into the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hi all,

I just joined Intercot Boards today (but have been reading all your posts for years [img]smile.gif[/img] ). I will be going to Disney World (@CBR) for the umpteenth time the end of April/beginning of May [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] .

I was wondering, since Early Entry is no more, what is the earliest you can arrive to get into the parks? What time do the actual gates open? Will there be any E-nights during that time? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ March 18, 2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: cjdive ]
    "When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!"<br />1980- Off Site*<br />1982- Off Site*<br />1984- Disneyland<br />1986- Poly<br />1987- Off Site*<br />1990- Grosvenor<br />May '94- Poly<br />June '96- Dixie<br />June '98- Poly<br />March '00- Wyndham Palace<br />May '02- CBR<br />February '03- POFQ<br /><br />*what was I thinking?!?!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If I can add to that question, what time is the first bus pick up at the hotels?
    Chris
    Living 60 minutes from WDW!!

Post Thanks / Like

You can't get in early. Unless you have PS for one of the breakfasts. When we went to the Animal Kingdom because we too are use to EE you have to stand outside the gates until parks' opening time. Sometimes they open 10 minutes before the park opening but that day they opened 5-10 minutes past. The gates are very crowded.

As for the buses it is usually an hour before the parks open but I am not completely sure. Someone else can probally answer that one easier. The best thing to do is ask when you check in at your hotel.
    "Drinks are on the house...They fall for that every time."<br /><br />I work to pay for my trips to Disney World. <br /><br />Trips to Disney...can't remember,I lost my mind. I hope it is having fun at WDW without me.

Post Thanks / Like

Buses to each park start running about an hour before that park opens.

If you arrive at a park early you wait at the turnstiles until just minutes before the official park opening time. Typically, if MK opens at 9:00 they will start sending guests from the TTC via the monorail and ferryboat starting at about 8:50. The MK turnstiles will open at the same time, or a few minutes later.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

The parks don't open a minute early. Goofysmyfave is right about the gates being very crowded. A lot of that has to do with the security checks though.

Melanie
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Melanie aka Melanears șOș

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/.../parkhours.asp

That link will list all the openings of the parks and the e-ride nights. Yeah the busses run an hour before opening. HAVE FUN!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Brian Graham<br /><br />"I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."<br />- Walt Disney<br /><br />April 8-12 2001 WDW (all star sports)<br />April 2-5 2002 WDW (all star movies)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Sorry I can't answer your question but Welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

So let me get this straight. They are not letting people into the parks more than a few minutes before the "official" oppening. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] They used to let people into the MK at least 30 minutes before oppening so that they could wander around main street. We would always go in early and hit the bakery. Does this mean that the rope drop is no more? [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] This was always one of my favorite times in the park. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing. You mean, main street is not open at say 9:30? They have in years past dropped the rope from the end of main street.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll chime in also...

Doesn't Main Street open before the "official" park opening time?
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope ... Main Street now opens at the same time the rest of the park does. Prepare for heavy crowds and waits at the entrance because they hold everyone there and make everyone go through the security checks there, as well.

The only way to get in early, as someone said before, is to make PS at Crystal Palace or CRT for breakfast.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank you all for the input [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!"<br />1980- Off Site*<br />1982- Off Site*<br />1984- Disneyland<br />1986- Poly<br />1987- Off Site*<br />1990- Grosvenor<br />May '94- Poly<br />June '96- Dixie<br />June '98- Poly<br />March '00- Wyndham Palace<br />May '02- CBR<br />February '03- POFQ<br /><br />*what was I thinking?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can swing it I would definitely reccomend a PS at one of the restaurants in the park. We had one for 8:00 at Cindy's and were in Fantasyland riding the attractions at 8:30...30 minutes before the park opened. Fantasyland was the only area we were allowed in but we had the whole thing wiped out by the time the general public made it down main st and into the lines...even rode the Pooh ride with Tigger and Pooh in the car behind us!!! What a treat! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Susan

First visit - January 1972 Polynesian "Village" Resort (I was 5)
    Visits (1972 - 2007) - 18 all to Poly/WL/BCV/POR

Next Up: Nov 09 Wilderness Lodge

Tuscaloosa, AL, 582.10 miles from Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Well then, when is the first available time for PS? I guess that I will eat breakfast in the park this year to get there early.
    WDW 9/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 8/2010 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2007 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2006 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2005 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2002 Hilton/ASMovies
    WDW 5/2000 Off Site
    WDW 6/1997 ASMusic
    WDW 1991 Lake Buena Vista Palace
    WDW 1990 Off Site
    WDW 1987 Cont
    WDW 1983 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Does any one know if these changes are permanent? Because if they are this makes me really sad. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I would think it would be easier to search people if there wasn't such a bottle neck at opening. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We were there in December and they were starting
    to let guests through the turnstiles about 5-7
    minutes before the official opening time.You could just make the rope drops at 9am if you walked wide open!

Post Thanks / Like

So is there or isn't there a "rope drop"? Bummer [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ...who wants to speed walk up Main Street? My favorite was getting coffee and talking to the CM's!

45 days to go... [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP: