Quantcast Contact lenses

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago while sledding down a huge hill I had a contact lens blow out of my eye Since then I am paranoid about it happening again and I tend to almost close my eyes on rollercoasters or make sure I have on my shades.

Has anybody ever had this happen to them at WDW or should I leave my mental problem at home with my DH?

10 more days!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

As a former contact lense wearer (Lasik surgery for good candidates is a miracle - no glasses or contacts), I encountered no problems at WDW. But, I am chicken when it comes to Splash Mountain. And Tower of Terror. And Rockin Roller Coaster was not open last time in '01. But Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain are okay with contacts. And all the other attractions as well.

Have a great trip!
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a problem with mine (never tried Tower of T though [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img] )
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same way BizzyLady....glad you asked the question!

Post Thanks / Like

My son wears contacts. He even swims with them in. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] He's never had a problem on any of the rides - and he's been on them all.

Of course - we always travel with another set. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

OHMYGOSH!! I thought it was just me all these years. THANKS!!!

RobFL Guest

Certain other effects within rides may irritate your contacts though, for example:

Fog rides, like Bug's Life (has a tendancy to dry contacts out, bring eye drops)

And Beware of you position in Fireworks shows. Downwind is terrible on the eyes of those with good sight, I can only imagine the plight of those with contacts.

-Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I've had lenses fall out while I was playing Nintendo

I never close my eyes on coasters, and while there have been times I've been concerned about losing a lens while riding, it hasn't happened yet. I would think that it very well could though.

The best advice I can give is to keep your eyes open, but blink more often than normally necessary

Tuscaloosa, AL, 582.10 miles from Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am a long time contact lens wearer and understand your fears. I was worried the first time that I rode TOT, but had no problems. I have ridden rides at Six Flags, WDW and other parks and only had the occassional problem of my contacts getting dry. I always carry around a pocket size re-wetting drops and use them when necessary. Unless you are prone to losing them, I wouldn't worry. Mine even stayed in during Rock-n-roll Rollercoaster. Good Luck! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    WDW 9/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 8/2010 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2007 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2006 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2005 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2002 Hilton/ASMovies
    WDW 5/2000 Off Site
    WDW 6/1997 ASMusic
    WDW 1991 Lake Buena Vista Palace
    WDW 1990 Off Site
    WDW 1987 Cont
    WDW 1983 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have been on all the rides at WDW and have never had a problem with mine. I ride a motorcycle with just sunglass and mine are ok, the key is to keep them wet, via drops or blinking. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

i have been on all of the major rides with my contacts, and the only one i had a problem on was splash mountain.. and its cause i got a drop of water in my eye and my contact rolled up on top/behind my eye.. but other than that i had no problems... oh Ttest Track isnt a problem either... (figured id let you know since that goes faster than the others mentioned above)
    DL: '83 - '03 44 times<br />WDW: PO-FQ 05-20-01 to 05-30-01

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem either, but I do close my eyes during during the big splash on Splash Mountain--with soft contact lenses I figure there is a good chance a sudden wave of water into my eyes will wash one of my contacts out.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

My aunt wears contacts to the parks. With little or no problem. Sometimes they dry out, she has drops and she brings her glasses just in case.

I'm pretty sure she wears them on the "big" rides (tot, rcr, splash, bt) I seem to remember her putting drops in them just before/after we get on/off the ride.
    Meaghan (Meag)

VMK Name - Meag

DVC Member since '99 Home:Boardwalk

Next WDW Vacation: Unknown...how sad

Post Thanks / Like

I dont wear contacts anymore, (Lasik). I never had a problem with them. All of the rides were fine. The water rides, I would close my eyes or wear my sunglasses to keep water out of my eyes. I never swam with them though. I would bring an extra pair. Get a few disposables or trail ones from your eye doctor. I told mine what I was doing and he set me up for FREE! ( I got lucky )Keeping drops with you just incase they dry out is a good idea. Sometimes I kept a dry washcloth in my hand to blot my eyes dry if I got water in them. Hope this helps.
    Oct.99 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Sept.00 - CS
    Dec.02 - POFQ
    Apr.05 - AKL
    Oct.05 - POR
    Nov.07 - WL
    Oct.09 - CBR moved to POR(10 yr Anniversary)
    Nov 2013 AKV Kadani, 1st DVC Stay!
    Oct 2014 VWL (15 Yr Anniversary)
    Dec 2016 AKV Kadani
    Oct 2017 AKV Kadani Savanna

Post Thanks / Like

I have ridden quite a few roller coasters with my contacts in....no problems! (Some of the ones at Cedar Point are pretty fast)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've worn contacts on everything, I even swim in them(don't open my eyes under water of course) and the only time they fall out is when they are really old-lol. I wear disposables and always carry a spare just in case though.
    Hallie

Post Thanks / Like

I were hard lenses and have had no troubles at all; have been on EVERYTHING in at WDW. No problems.
    Be kind to one another.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I play football basketball and baseball for my High School. Not once has my contact popped out. I also go snowboarding all the time and my contact has never popped out either. I love all the rollercoasters..the scarier and faster it is the better. I go on all rollercoasters imaginable and my contact has never once been messed up from going on a ride so I am sure yo will be able to go on all the rides.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear glasses, not contacts, but my friends who have contacts all say they have never had a problem. (I've been asking all my friends who have been to WDW since I first saw this thread earlier). Don't worry, just bring extra contacts and maybe a pair of glasses and you'll be fine.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I wear semi-soft (gas perm) and had no problem on any rides, inc. TOT and RNRC. I don't even own a backup pair (of course, now I'm jinking myself), just glasses.
    Tavel
    Next trip - Disney Wonder and CS - Nov. 2007

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: