Quantcast Sick on Body Wars?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Does anyone get sick on body wars?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    fngoofy Guest

Not sick but a little queezy, the ventilation could be a little better and the ride a minute shorter. I was amazed at the state of pavillion that houses body wars.

We were down last May and thought that it looked rather shabby. I would bet that real estate is next on the list for a makeover, a la Mission Space.

TiggerRPh Guest

I'm moving this to Theme Parks where you might get "healthier" response.

Please gather all personal belongings and grab small children by the hand....everyone ready?

Disney2002 Guest

I'd say body wars is high on the sickness factor.... i think it's not any rougher than star tours... but the bloodstream visuals... kind of gross.

Post Thanks / Like

There will be no more Body wars for me. I have not lost my cookies yet, but I felt like I was very close. It took me half the day to get over the nausa feeling. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img]
    (Gail)

pipanale Guest

I wouldn't say I get sick, but annoyingly queasy fits better. I think I've given up on it though. I don'y need to feel off for about a half hour after going to see Elizabeth Shue in that silly little space suit. After seeing Leaving Las Vegas, there's little mystery to her anymore.

If they revamped it or updated the movie maybe I'd go back. I feel the same way about Star Tours, and I'm right on the fringe of needing professional help when it comes to my Star Wars delusions.

Dawn S Guest

Personally, I never had a problem with it, but I can see where someone with a sensitive stomach would have a possibility of problems. I'm sure that some people have had ill effects (pun intended). [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

There are times when I venture on this one solo. DH gets motion sickness on this one and on Star Tours also.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by G:
    There will be no more Body wars for me. I have not lost my cookies yet, but I felt like I was very close. It took me half the day to get over the nausa feeling. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img]
    My words exactly. On a motion sickness scale I would rate this ride a solid 9. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img]
    °o° Angie °o°

"If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame."

I've been lost in the twilight zone

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot handle any of the simulator type rides, Body Wars, Star Tours, Back to the Future (US). I have never gotten seasick, carsick or airsick. But put me on a simulator or ride that spins and hoo-boy!! It's funny, one year I'm having funtaking the kids on these rides and I'm fine. The following year (I think it's the 30 yr old syndrome)I'm no good...done.. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img] ...can't do these rides anymore. I don't know what it is!
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I get motion sickness fairly easily, and this one is terrible for me. I've been on it maybe a half dozen times and the result is alwasy discomfort.

Funny thing, though, Star Tours doesn't have the same effect on me (though the sequence in the ice crystals does bother me).

Post Thanks / Like

While I never get sick from rides, this one definately gave me a queasy feeling. I'll pass on it the next time.
    Tavel
    Next trip - Disney Wonder and CS - Nov. 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I can handle the biggest roller coasters in Flroda, no sweat. And Star Tours is a breeze. But when it comes to Body Wars, count me out.

I have heard that motion sickness on simulator rides is correlated with how well the visuals and the "motion" match up. In Body Wars, I feel totally disoriented. I cannot tell where we are going, or what exactly is going on. And there is that persistent heartbeat, as well as a constant swaying...ughhhh. Never again.

Anyone who is the least bit sensitive to motion sickness should absolutely avoid this attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Goes to prove how different we all are.

I LOVE both the motion simulator rides [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] , but can see how easy it is to get [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img] .

On the other hand, I am a definite "no go" on ToT or RnRC. I don't do drops. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Not real ones, at least. Give me fantasy every time.

WDW is not "Survivor". You won't let down the team if you sit one out.
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Blahh... thats what I say..
    98.6 degrees.... not in mid-summer with a bunch of sweaty people in the ride. I find that the ride that I get the worst feeling in my stomach from.

Funny this came up.. I was just telling my friends that I would like to sit-out on that one on my next trip March 13-16

[img]smile.gif[/img] rob
    WDW 85,95,96,97,98,00,01,02

Post Thanks / Like

I can't handle either Body Wars or Star Tours...

BUT there's good news for everyone...

You can see the same movie in a "flight check" room. Ask a CM as you enter the queue. This room runs the movie, but there is no movement. It's perfect. That way you don't feel left out of the experience, AND you don't have to fight that yucky feeling for hours afterward.

Also, the reason Body Wars seems to affect more people negatively is the colors. Star Tours uses more blues (calming), but Body Wars is mostly in oranges and reds which are very jarring on the system. Both simulators move in the same way- it's really a visual thing.

Don't forget- ask for a "Flight Check"
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I can handle any ride at Disney except for Body Wars. I informed my family after my one and only time that I would sit that ride out in the future. Star Tours is great so it must be something with the visual journey. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

More people definitely get sick on Body Wars than Star Tours, not because of the actual movements of the ride, but the sheer subject matter just makes people [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Body Wars is definitely worse than Star Tours.

I rode Body Wars ONCE on the morning we were to fly home that afternoon. Took me 2 days to get over it. If I could have thrown up I would have been much better off. [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time...and for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

You count me in on the Body-Wars-makes-me-queasy poll! I think the problem is that the motion and visuals don't synch up well. I've heard it said that there's a constant motion to represent the pulse. You can hear the heartbeat sound, but that doesn't help you *visually*.

Anyway, I agree with what has already been said about inquiring about flight checks. I haven't done it yet on Body Wars, but I have done this with Star Tours.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: