Quantcast Gilmore Girls

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Post Thanks / Like

Any other Gilmore Girls fans out there?

I LOVE this show. I watch it whenever I can. I am almost as obsessed with this show as I am with Disney. DH and my kids indulge me. When it is on, no one talks to me...etc.

I think the show is funny, the two main characters, Lorelai and Rory are sarcastic, and pop cultury (I know, not a word). It really is a great show.

Am I the only one?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    mickeymousemom Guest

I swear I almost started this thread yesterday!!! I can't believe it! My DD11 and I are Gilmore Girls fanatics. She started watching the reruns a couple months ago, then got me into it. I got her the complete first season for her birthday and we watch it over and over. We now also watch it every Tuesday on the WB. This has to be one of my all time favorite TV shows. We are missing some info from the middle seasons but hope to buy the complete second season soon, and we'll keep watching those reruns.....I love this show...did I mention that???

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching this show from the first season, but I've missed most of the last two shows because American Idol is on at the same time (I flip over at commercial). I figured I can always watch those episodes during the summer reruns.

I thought it would get a bit boring when Lorelei and Luke finally started dating, but it's still been pretty fun to watch.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

mickeymousemom Guest

I really like the two of them together but now it looks as though there is some competition for Luke as Christopher is back in the picture. It looks almost as though Lorelei isn't at all interested but next weeks previews sorta show otherwise??? I'm a little but it looks interesting. We also love American Idol, but we just flip it over there on commercials...I just can't miss the Gilmore Girls.

[ February 10, 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: mickeymousemom ]

Post Thanks / Like

Another fan here. I like that the parents are back together. I didn't like the clip of next week's show - I hope, I really really hope its not the end of Luke and Lorelei. Sometimes those teasers can be misleading. Christopher isn't a bad guy, but its like his life is messed up right now so he's going after Lorelei - just when things are looking good for her.
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
    Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

mickeymousemom Guest

Originally posted by Munch:
    Another fan here. I like that the parents are back together. I didn't like the clip of next week's show - I hope, I really really hope its not the end of Luke and Lorelei. Sometimes those teasers can be misleading. Christopher isn't a bad guy, but its like his life is messed up right now so he's going after Lorelei - just when things are looking good for her.
    I hate that when the previews are misleading....if you have watched the last few shows, they actually showed the previews for the most recent show 2 weeks ago, but DD and I couldn't figure out why we never saw Chris and Luke arguing...then they showed the same previews that night! I felt like the previews for next week almost made it look as though Lorelei was upset because she thought she had lost Christopher....but again I think they are being misleading...I want to see her with Luke! I just love this show because its so simple and clean. I LOVE their town...I could be happy living there for the rest of my life...its just too cute!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mickeymousemom:
    I just love this show because its so simple and clean. I LOVE their town...I could be happy living there for the rest of my life...its just too cute!
    Me too, except I don't know if I'd be able to deal with Taylor--what a pain!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can tell, according to other sites I have read, the writers are going to keep Christopher around...at least into next season. They said that whenever things get to comfy for Lorelai, they can just count on Christopher to mess it up.

I was so glad the Luke and Lorelai finally got together...from the first season they have each had their little visions of being together...and Luke even got jealous when Lor was with Max...even Emily made SEVERAL comments inf the first few seasons about how they were meant for each other.

The thing I can't wait for is how Lorelai will be with Emily...I loved the last line, "You and me, we're done"

The only thing that slightly bothers me is the way Rory has changed. I know everyone changes, but it seems she went from innocent little girl to not so innocent overnight...her story line has been kind of piecy.

Can't wait for tuesday night!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. A year or so ago TV Guide called it the best show no one's watching. It's so well written and witty, and the characters are not one-dimensional cardboard cutouts like in so many sitcomx. They're fun and quirky, but have substance at the same time. I love all the literary and pop culture references. Last week's show was dynamite (USA Today did a special writeup about it, saying that Kelly Bishop (Emily) better get an Emmy). I love Emily. Does anyone have a favorite in addition to that one? Mine is Last Supper one where Kirk was Christ for the Living Arts festival (where Loralai's cell phone goes off while she does her painting). I could watch that one over and over.
    Forever let us hold our banners high
    Trips:
    78, 85 - Holiday Inn Main Gate
    86 - Days Inn International Drive
    87, 88 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00 - Fort Wilderness Homes
    Dec 02 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    2009-2010 Disneyland, Paradise Pier and Candy Cane Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a Gilmore girl.

I didn't starting watching it until a couple of years into it, so I am playing catch up watch the older ones on tv and on dvd. I just bought season 2. How long has it been on? I'm not even sure.

It really has been good lately. I too think Christopher will stick around to mess things up. Rory so hates her Dad with her Mom--so it is a good thing for tension.

I just loved that line from this past weeks show that Christopher said to Rory "Who wouldn't want to kiss a Gilmore girl!" :grinlove:
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

mickeymousemom Guest

Anybody watch tonight?? Things don't look good at all for Luke and Lorelei..
    ...and what do you think of Rory's love interest?? I just can't bring myself to like him....seems suspicious somehow...hhhmmmmmm....

Anyone agree or is it me?

Post Thanks / Like

I watched tonite. DH had to laugh at me, I guess I was frowing...he asked me what was wrong and I said I felt like my two best friends had just broken up!

I am not sure what the deal with Logan is...tonite made it seem like he is just as interested as Rory, but there is something about him...Maybe its the whole thing...you know Lorelai ran away from the "rich person" lifestyle...and Rory seems to be drawn to it...not sure.

The only thing I was bummed about was that there was no interaction between Lor and Emily...I can't wait to see those fireworks!!

I really want Luke and Lorelai to be together...hope this break up isn't too long!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest daughter and I watched the first two seasons of Gilmore Girls together-it was our one activity I could count on each week that we did-just the two of us.

This season we are not home on Tuesday nights and haven't seen many of the shows. Hope to see them in reruns.

I want Luke and Lorelei to stay together-they are too cute interacting. Christopher is just trouble-he always messes up her life. I agree that Rory's character is not as good since she "grew up". Didn't seem to fit her character and she isn't as strong in the plots-seems a little lost or wimpy.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Last night I actually skipped "American Idol" so that I could watch "Gilmore Girls". What a frustrating ending!!! I don't think Lorelei and Luke are done yet, but at the end of this show I was waiting for them to say something meaningful to each other and then they just walked away.

[ February 16, 2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: MNNHFL ]
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

The way it was left, Luke looked a bit like he was having second thoughts about breaking up. Like maybe he might have been regretting what he'd said. So I still have some hope. I agree that Christopher is usually bad news for Lorelei. He's got charm and isn't really a bad guy; but he only comes around when his own life is in a mess, like he's using Lorelei.

I don't know what to think of Logan. He seems a bit smarmy or something, but he also seems to have a conscience. Remember he told Rory he hadn't asked her out because she was important. If he was a real cad, he wouldn't have cared. I'm not so crazy about the changes in Rory, but she's not a kid anymore so some changes are to be expected.

[ February 16, 2005, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Munch ]
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
    Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the limo bit was over the top but cute. Why Lane had to go into the store for her was odd but maybe I missed something in all the flipping I was doing.

I really think Luke was going to say something and just didn't get the chance.

Be interesting to see where this goes from here.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Lane went into the store because Rory didn't want to run into Taylor. But after she found out about the ribbons, Rory decided to go into the store.

I think more will be said this coming week with Luke talking to Lorelei. Can't wait for the new episode.
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite show on t.v.,with Lost coming in second. My girls and I watch the reruns each day and the newer ones on Tuesday. We never miss singing the song as loud as we can!!! I cried when L+L broke up,it was tragic!!! I do think they will get back together and maybe even get married by the season finale....we shall see....I like Rory and Logan,but miss Jess!!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    1996-ALL-STAR SPORTS<br />1999-ALL STAR MOVIES<br />2000-ALL STAR MOVIES+BEACH CLUB<br />2002-FORT WILDERNESS CAMPGROUND<br />2004-PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE<br />2004-CHRISTMAS-ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE+ALL STAR MUSIC<br />2005-NEW OWNER AT SSR-YEAH!!!!!<br />2005-Old Key West,All Star Sports,Boardwalk Villa's,Pop Century,Villa's at Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Last week's was great. Rory bursting at Emily, Emily going into the diner to talk to Luke and Luke then going to Lorelai's house. What will tonight bring???? lol.

Does anyone else think this season has just been consistently right on and hilarious?

Edited to add...

Is anyone else seeing a mirror between Luke/Lorelai and Marty/Rory?

[ March 08, 2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: LittleSpirit02 ]

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

mickeymousemom Guest

Yes, I think this season has been so entertaining.....Emily cracks me up....she just doesn't GET IT [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] .

I still think something is weird with Logan....he didn't go home for spring break(I think it was Spring Break), he has a master key to the cafeteria, yada yada yada.....Something is just TOO mysterious here and I can't wait to find out his background.

I know it can't happen, but I would like to see Rory and Dean get another shot at things in the future.....don't know how they could do it though.....

Gosh, I love this show!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: