Quantcast After a long hiatus, I went back! - Pre-Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post After a long hiatus, I went back! - Pre-Trip

(Me) - Former quasi-Disney expert, just past 50 years old.
    (Dad) - Loves travel & adventure still, just past 80 years old. (P.S. Still rides rollercoasters) <= Okay, I admit that part worried me too.

Resort:
    Disney's Yacht Club

Dates:
    September 5-10th

In early April 2023, I read some exciting news! Walt Disney World Would begin selling Annual Passes again on April 20, 2023! I was still working in Academia; but my work was 100% online at the time. I examined the details and saw that as an out of state person, I could only purchase the Incredi-Pass and that got my math wheels turning. (I teach math, so they are always turning, maybe I should say they were burning rubber!) I determined the break-even point for me and kind of just let the idea smolder in my brain for many days. One thing that caught my eye was that I would have a calendar year to use the pass for the first time and them my 1 year of having an active Annual pass would begin. This worked with my logical sensibilities because I thought to myself, surely some better offers would eventually appear on the horizon. I put an alert on my calendar and that little smolder grew into a spark and eventually a flaming fire. One little spark ... (I could not resist).

Early morning, April 20th I was in this exceptionally long online queue waiting to buy my pass. I figured they'd sell out before I got in. However, I was alright with that, since I was not too sure about returning to Walt Disney World now. Revenge travel was slowing, and I had family out in Texas that I could also visit instead. Basically, I was keeping my cool & looking at the glass half full again, that's my motto. There must have been hiccups in the queue process or something because it took about 4 hours ... but suddenly the page unlocked! I could finally purchase my first Annual Pass since 2007 for myself. Yippee!!!

Next, I just waited. Mainly because there were simply zero incentives to book any vacations at that time. That is, until the late summer incentives came out. I pounced on the 35% Room-Only discount for Annual Pass holders. I purposely picked dates that I knew most schools would be in session to get "smaller" crowds. After that, I broke the happy news to my dad. He is definitely partial to the Yacht Club since that was the last resort we stayed in with my mom. I saw his eyes light up from the memories and he readily agreed to go. Double Yippee, there!

Lastly, you know how you used to have to study extra hard for a big exam? Well suddenly that was me! Paper Fastpasses were no more, I had to make Reservations for parks, and there were whole Lands to explore that did not exist when I was last there. My head was swimming! I got a length of stay park-hopping ticket for my dad and secured airline tickets. We had a whole summer for me to study up on Walt Disney World. I had to figure out what to pack and how to make sure my dad was comfortable. For that reason, I did read a lot about Disney with Seniors. This step absolutely helped in the long run. Funny thing my dad packed in about an hour and it took me 2 weeks! I can truly say that I was prepared for every scenario! Well now ... on to Trip 1 - Day 1!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, BriarRose0708, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been so many changes at Disney, it really is hard to keep up to date!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: