Quantcast Fest 2 of 4 done! A Salute to All Holidays but Mostly Christmas, Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fest 2 of 4 done! A Salute to All Holidays but Mostly Christmas, Day 2

Sorry for the brief delay, I needed to finish my dissertation proposal by Sunday and I was consumed! I'd much rather have been continuing my trip report, but what can you do. I'm done now with my semester, though, so now I can come back here!

Day 2 was an early start. My plan was to rope drop MK and knock out a bunch of stuff there, transition to Disney Springs for lunch, then visit AK for the late afternoon through park close at 7 p.m. It mostly worked out. I got up early and hit the bus stop around 6:45. MK opened to all guests at 8, so I needed to be through the gates as early as possible to take advantage of the 7:30 early entry. I made the rope drop in Fantasyland and joined the queue for 7 Dwarves. On the bus I had entered the virtual queue for TRON and bought a LL for it, but I knew I didn't need to get the LL for 7D if I was there early enough. The posted wait time at 7:30 was 55 minutes and I was on a train in 11 minutes. While I was winding my way through the queue I mobile ordered a breakfast sandwich from Friar's Nook and ate that while the regular guests poured in. The wait for Jingle Cruise at 8:15 was 45 minutes so I headed over there after eating and I was on a boat in 15 minutes. Jingle Cruise is a great overlay and our skipper was hilarious. It was nice to hear some brand new jokes after riding the regular version for 20 years.

My TRON VQ was called at 9:10 so I headed to Tomorrowland and did a quick ride on Space (on and off in 6 minutes!) and then scanned into TRON. It was either a very low crowd morning in the MK or they set the limits to the VQ groups really low because I literally walked onto TRON both times I rode. There was no preshow either time I was at the lockers within 5-10 minutes, with a 5 minute wait in the load zone. Crazy! I love that ride so much. I bounced around the park a little after that, hitting up some favorites and drinking in the Christmas vibes.

About 12 noon I made my way to the Contemporary and caught a bus to Disney Springs. I got some lunch at Eet, which was wonderful! The chicken masala poutine is A+ and the watermelon boozy slush was refreshing on a warm afternoon. I wandered around a little to see the trees and the shops but it was really warm and crowded and I didn't really see anything I couldn't live without and I had my Eet leftovers (portions are HUGE!) I didn't want to haul around the rest of the day so I went to the buses and stopped in at my room to drop off my leftovers and park bag. I should have checked the weather and didn't so my poncho remained in my room, which was a decision that would haunt me later.

I arrived at AK around 3 and was greeted by the Merry Menagerie, which is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. The puppets and puppeteers are amazing, and they are so cute and fun to interact with. It really adds something special to Discovery Island. I love meeting Mickey and Minnie in AK, you get a 2 for 1 in their darling safari outfits. The time posted was 30 minutes, I was through in 20. This is why I love AK in the afternoon after people have hopped into other parks that stay open later. I then rode Everest in the single rider 2X within 20 minutes, went back to Dinoland and got my Figment AP magnet and then rode Dinosaur. Posted wait was 25 minutes but I was on in 12. I was really just killing time before the next Nemo show. I know Nemo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I really like it and it's always fun to see if one of the Bradshaws are performing. Neither one was, but any cast for this show is so talented!

I knew rain was coming, but when I had checked that morning it looked like it wouldn't hit until 7ish. I had really wanted to hang around AK late enough to see it lit up and hoped I would miss the rain or at least be under the bus shelter before it poured. Well, we all make rookie mistakes. I should have known FL would have her own plans. When the doors from the Theatre in the Wild opened, it was pouring at 5 p.m. so I had no choice but the put my hair back, woman up, and book it across the park as safely as I could to the buses. There went my hopes of a lit up AK, but I can catch that in February (hopefully). Luckily there was a bus to AKL there and the trip is so short I managed to get back to my room and take a hot shower and watch the rest of the Bills game with my Eet leftovers. I also went by the popup bar in the lobby for an Amarula Hot Cocoa by the fire pit. It was a cozy night at AKL and I was on cloud nine.

It all worked out well despite the rain, because I was able to have a chill night and get to bed on the early side because the next two days would be late nights!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2. Thanks PopPhan, faline, ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just love the parks in their Christmas regalia! That is why my preferred time to visit is the week following Thanksgiving (US.) I tend to go mid-week to mid-week (7 or 8 days) and take my time to soak it all in.

Still not a 'fan' of Disney Springs. Really wasn't much more appreciative of Downtown Disney, but at least that had some fun included with Pleasure Island. I'm not much of a 'shopper' and not at all into the upscale shops.

Sounds like you were able to 'go with the flo-o-o o-o-o o-o-o-ow' in AK, which is always a good thing! Does DeVine still come out on the path out of Africa toward Asia? With the long walk from the gate to the buses and/or parking, rain can be a real downer, but if you take it in stride, it can be fun as well. Act like a kid and splash in the puddles! LOL

Thanks for the reports!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will always go back in early December, Ap or no AP. It was just so special and magical!

I saw DeVine in the fall but not this trip.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite the rain in the late afternoon/evening, you covered lots of ground!! Glad you're enjoying all the Christmas offered by Disney at this time of year!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

9. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: