Quantcast Fest 1 of 4 done! A week of food, wine and walking. Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fest 1 of 4 done! A week of food, wine and walking. Day 3

Day 3 - EPCOT
    It had been a late night getting back from Mickey's Not So Scary so even though I was still up before 7 to get G+, LL for Remy and our Guardians Virtual Queue and ILL, we lounged around a bit and hit the Skyliner around 9 a.m. It was the first time for either of us using it at Disney, but since we ski and snowboard so much in the northeast we are no strangers to gondola systems. It felt odd getting in one without putting anything in a slot on the side beforehand!

Husband had scored Group 6 for Guardians but I had booked a 9:50-10:50 a.m. Remy LL. We got a baguette sandwich and a donut to share from Les Halles and then rode Remy. Husband was very impressed by the trackless ride system and I was like "oh, just you WAIT." We then HOOFED it to Guardians because we were super late for our boarding group. I should have known it wouldn't be an issue like at TRON, no one cared as long as you didn't show up before you were called. We had a great ride to save the Galaxy and got Disco Inferno as our first song. We would return about an hour or so later for the ILL I bought and had Everybody Wants to Rule the World, which was kind of anticlimactic compared to the other upbeat songs I've had in the past.

G+ was needed today, the pre-holiday weekend crowds were starting to creep up even though it was only Monday. We used LL's for Test Track, Soarin' Over California, and Spaceship Earth. We never got to do Frozen, all the LL's were gone before I could snag one. We weren't that depressed about it though and I really enjoyed showing Husband all my favorite "old EPCOT" hits like Living with the Land, the Seas, SE, and he even requested we go to Turtle Talk!

It definitely took us much longer than I had planned to get most of the front of the park done so we didn't get back to start Food & Wine until almost 4 p.m.! I knew I wanted to start the cheese crawl (Emil's Fromage Montage) and would have more time later in the week to finish it. We began in Hawaii with sliders for both of us and the passionfruit cheesecake to share. Then moved on to the mimosa flight from Shimmering Sips. We started in Canada and worked around World Showcase counter clockwise. I know most people like to begin in Mexico but I like going this way and ending with a margarita or light beer and empanadas. In the UK I had to get my favorite pub blend, a Snakebite, and we stopped at the France kiosk for an escargot croissant. Got another stamp on the cheese crawl at Brazil, that cheese bread is so delicious, and a frozen Caphirina. Moved on to one more cheese stamp in Greece with my favorite griddled cheese with pistachio and honey. Boyz II Men were playing their first show when we got carrot cake in the USA so we listened to a bit of their set while we rested our feet. We stopped in Italy for a limoncello cocktail and then got to catch up with an old INTERCOT friend who was also in EPCOT this day. We were getting pretty full so we skipped stopping in Japan but Husband wanted the gingerbread creme cookie sandwich from Germany. While he got that I had to go into Kringla to get some School Bread to go for the next morning's breakfast. Finally in Mexico we rode Gran Fiesta Tour and stopped into La Cava for an El Diablo margarita.

By this point it was nearly 8 p.m. All the walking around was starting to catch up with us. We had made it back to the Odyssey building and didn't want to do another lap but I wasn't ready to leave just yet. We decided to walk to France via Canada because I felt like I needed protein and only the filet from the Canada booth would fit that bill! I also remembered it was late enough that Impressions de France was running, which I absolutely adore, so we went to watch that and then got a brioche ice cream sandwich from Les Artisans de Glace to cap off an epic day of eating, drinking, and walking. I would have liked to stay for EPCOT Forever but it was clearly time for us to head back to POP. We watched the higher fireworks from the Skyliner, which was actually a beautiful way to see them.

Back in our room, we relaxed, watched some of Toy Story 3, and fell asleep way before the ending. We had one more jam-packed day to go in Hollywood Studios. The trip had been going so smoothly beyond my expectations that I crossed my fingers we would have the same level of success in the trickiest park yet.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2. Thanks PopPhan, faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a marathon of a day!! It's no wonder you fell asleep before the end of the movie!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: