Quantcast First solo trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: First solo trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default First solo trip

I am planning a solo trip April 30th to May 6th. Anyone have any input that have done a solo trip. I will be using an ECV due to a bad back so there are a lot of rides I love that will be out of the question. I will be staying at POP and plan on using the skyliner quite a bit.

Thanks..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, everything is much more planned right now - so be sure to check when you need to make dining reservations and such. The skyliner is great and is a fun ride in itself. Typically, when I go alone (having been there more times than I can count over the years) I like to try things I've never done before. Whether it's a tasty treat, or a country or shop in Epcot that I haven't been in (or at least been thru in a while.) I soak the atmosphere in. Take in shows. I'm really very leisurely about it. Unlike when you go with a group where you might feel like you have to do this or that, or rush here or there - it's all up to you. If that means I spend time people watching while eating a churro and sucking down a margarita - so be it.

In other words - do what you want to do. Enjoy the alone time!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

4. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you will be using an ECV to and from the parks, plan on extra travel time. Buses have limited capacity to carry ECVs and, when we traveled with someone using an ECV, we did have to wait for a second bus to come along because the first bus that came through already had ECVs on board and couldn't load any more. And, while you're loaded onto buses before other folks, you will be offloaded last. The parks have been very crowded so you will have to watch for people who, not paying attention, step right into your path. If using standby, ECVs are often put into the regular standby lines. Some of these llines have quite tight turning areas so be prepared for that as well.

As John noted, make any needed reservations as soon as you are able.

And, most important, enjoy your trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    If you will be using an ECV to and from the parks, plan on extra travel time. Buses have limited capacity to carry ECVs and, when we traveled with someone using an ECV, we did have to wait for a second bus to come along because the first bus that came through already had ECVs on board and couldn't load any more. And, while you're loaded onto buses before other folks, you will be offloaded last. The parks have been very crowded so you will have to watch for people who, not paying attention, step right into your path. If using standby, ECVs are often put into the regular standby lines. Some of these llines have quite tight turning areas so be prepared for that as well.

As John noted, make any needed reservations as soon as you are able.

And, most important, enjoy your trip!!
    Thanks for the info so far. Unfortunately I have needed to use an ECV for some years now so I am familiar with the drill with the buses and parks. When my lady friend and I go down we do a lot of people watching. Sometimes that is more fun than the rides.

Thanks again...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been on a solo trip but I have had solo days while there. I don't care for the water parks so I would go explore on the days while everyone else was at the water parks. One of my favorite things to do on those days was go to a resort I have never stayed in and explore and look around. If I went to one on the monorail, I have taken the full ride on the monorail and switch over to the one that goes to Epcot and go to the Boardwalk. You can pretty much kill and entire day just resort hopping and riding the monorail around site seeing.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: