Quantcast “October Surprise” Trip Report – Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default “October Surprise” Trip Report – Day 2

Sorry...Have to try this again as the formatting will not work....
    Last edited by PopPhan; 10-13-2022 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Formatting problems
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay...Let's try this again...

“October Surprise” (or ICOT25 Celebration) – Day 2

Trip Dates: October 11 – October 18
    Resort: All Star Music
    Transportation: Southwest Airlines, then Mears Connect to ó resort.

The Plan:

Wednesday, October 12th: DHS for the ‘early entry’ and morning hours, followed by MK for the evening and fireworks.

Alarm went off at 6am, as planned…No leg cramp! So far, so good! Could not get my act in gear, though. Just kept milling about the room and wasting time. No idea why. It was already 8am before I got out and headed to DHS.

As was the case yesterday (but I neglected to mention) I was stopped at the ‘Bag Check’ upon entry. This security agent DID give me an idea as to why I was tagged, though. I have my glasses in their case in my bag. The case has a magnetic closure. He told me that pretty much anything magnetic in a bag will trigger the sensors. I think I will just wrap the glasses in a cloth and try it again tomorrow, just to see what happens.

My big ‘hit’ for today is to finally get to ride Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, so I headed right to the theatre to get in the queue. It was listed as a 60 minute standby. The line move relatively quickly to get inside the building and I thought that they had overestimated the wait time. I was wrong! It was almost exactly 60 minutes until we entered the pre-show area. I really enjoyed the ride and would ride it again, but do not think it ranks extremely high on the ‘Must Do’ list. The trackless ride path is interesting, but much the same, in concept, as the Ratatouille ride. The ‘stage’ and effects are very well done and if the queue is 30 – 45 minutes, jump in!

Since I headed to the park before getting breakfast, it was time to get a bite to eat. Headed over to Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner but the menu has completely changed and the no longer serve the Footlong Chilidog and Kahlua Milkshake!!! Very disappointing! Ended up at the ABC Commissary and got the Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese and a Happy Daze adult beverage, along with a fountain drink. I was actually not pleased with the sandwich. The chicken is chopped, not a solid filet, and the wing sauce is NOT a Buffalo sauce! It may have started out that way, but I think they mixed bleu cheese into the sauce and used too much. The Happy Daze drink was pretty good though, so it wasn’t a total loss! LOL

Just wandered around the park after that, hit what had decent waits, skipped a lot. Again, I am not pushing myself on this trip. Around 1pm I headed back to the room to freshen up and get ready to go to MK for the evening.

Never got there…Got back to the room, freshened up and decided to relax a bit before heading back out. Turned on the TV to see what was going on in the ‘outside world’ and passed out! Next thing I know it’s after 6pm! What the heck is wrong with me? Yes, I could have still gone and spent a few hours in MK, watched the castle show and dealt with the exit crowds, but got lazy and just explored the ASMu grounds, grabbed dinner, and went back to the room to watch the Phillies lose Game 2.

After visiting WDW multiple times over the past 20 years am I getting ‘Disneyed out?’ I hope not, but am just not ‘feeling it’ so far on this trip. Maybe visiting as a solo is taking some of the fun out of it? Again, I hope not.

Well, tomorrow is a DHS morning and in the evening the pre-Celebration meet and greet at Jock Lindsay’s are on the schedule. Let’s see if I can get in the Virtual Queue for Guardians in the morning and go from there…

Stay tuned for more daily reports…Hopefully more exciting that these first two have been!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you got to ride Runaway Railway - I rode it for the first time in August and LOVED it!! And, like everything at Disney, it is more fun when the lines aren't crazy long.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

5. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you just need time to escape the parks and relax. Glad you got to ride the new runaway railroad ride. While I like it, I still miss the Great Movie Ride!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: