Quantcast ~ Day 3 - January 18, 2022

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ~ Day 3 - January 18, 2022

Tilly (4), Adam (the daddy) & me (the granny)

This was a Hollywood Studios day. Even though it was cold enough for a heavy jacket Tilly insisted on a Mickey Premium Bar. She enjoys picking the chocolate off then 'allowing' someone else to have a bite of the ice cream. It's great ice cream though!

As we entered the park a Cavalcade came by. I love the drumming toy soldiers and Buzz in his Camaro. There is a benefit to these short parades. If you listen for the music to start you know to grab a piece of curb. There's no waiting involved and trying to fight for your little foot square of space with lot of people squeezing in.

We walked through the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge just to enjoy the atmosphere. Tilly and Adam enjoyed a Coke in the little round outer space bottles. She saved it to use at home too. The rides there were showing 120-170 minutes wait.

I'm still struggling with getting LL rides to suit our times. We got them today for Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers, but had no luck for Slinky Dog Dash. We decided to wait in the Slinky line even though it was showing an hour wait. After about 30 minutes the ride went down. The castmembers walked along the line twice telling us that they had no idea how long it would last. Tilly was getting impatient so we bailed.

Throughout our day I heard more than a few guests talking about rides in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land breaking down. I think that probably contributed to extra long lines as well as people staying an extra day after MLK weekend.

We had lunch at The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. We love this restaurant. The food is good and the entertainment is fun. I didn't anticipate that Tilly would be frightened by the old Sci-Fi clips. Distracting her with her glowing cube drink helped.

It's funny how kids go through different stages. Some years they are really brave and some years they are scared of a lot of rides. Tilly was a big talker before the trip so I thought this would be a brave year but it didn't turn out that way. I usually go on Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster (my fave) several times a trip. On this one we didn't do either. I had just been during the summer so I was okay with making this trip about things Tilly wanted to do.

We ended up back in our room by 7:00 and enjoyed the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach. It was a relatively relaxing day.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

2. Thanks Katzateer, faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Katzateer, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you enjoyed your time at the Studios even if you didn't get on all the rides you wanted. Given the restrictions on Lightning Lane, I was wondering how things might work for people who are not planning to be in the park from opening to park closing and who have other commitments such as dining reservations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: