Quantcast One day visit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: One day visit

Post Thanks / Like

Default One day visit

Hi all, we might get a chance to visit one park February 18th, which park would you recommend , including what to eat , what to do first etc. We haven’t been to Disney in a while .

Thanks
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.

Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How long has it been?

If none of these attractions were there on your last visit, you might want to go to Disney Hollywood Studios (Toy Story Land including Slinky Dog; Star Wars including Rise of the Resistance and Millenium Flacon; and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad).

If you want to revisit a number of the classic rides, I'd suggest Magic Kingdom.

If your visit is more adult oriented, I'd suggest Epcot.

If you liked Avatar and animals, I'd suggest Animal Kingdom.

The parks have been very crowded of late and, given your proposed trip is at the lead-in to Presidents' Day week, I would expect the 18th to be very busy as well. While I'm not a big fan of the new paid fastpass system - Genie+, you might want to consider the extra cost for a one-day visit.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

4. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you give us a little more information? Who is traveling - all adults or with children? What kinds of things do you like to do - hit the rides or meander through the park enjoying the details? How long ago was your last visit? What kind of food do you like?
    If you have big Star Wars fans and haven't been since they opened Galaxy's Edge, you might want to go to Hollywood Studios. Hollywood Studios also has a new ride called Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad. Avatar fans should hit Pandora the World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom, especially at night.
    There isn't any character dining currently, so that alters some of my recommendations for dining.

Magic Kingdom - I recommend Liberty Tree Tavern for a sit down meal. If you haven't been since they opened up Be Our Guest in the Beast's castle though, you may want to go see it. Maybe do breakfast in the Beast's castle and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

Epcot - We love Marrakesh for dinner. We get our quick service meals at Sunshine Seasons by Soarin'.

Hollywood Studios - Backlot Express is our go to place here. If we want a sit down restaurant in the park, we go to Mama Melrose. I'm not a fan of most of the HS restaurants. If I'm with the family, we try to go to Beaches N Cream at the Beach club for the Kitchen Sink.

Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari for a quick service meal. I prefer to leave the park and go to Boma for dinner. Sanaa is a nice alternative, especially for a "date night".
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go to the Magic Kingdom. It's just the park that has more magic to me. If you want a longer relaxing meal I'd eat in the Beast's castle, but for a quick serve I'd eat at Columbia Harbor House. You'll have fun no matter which park you choose!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=faline;2533044]How long has it been?

Hi Faline, its been 5 years now. Thanks for all the information.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a hard question. If I could design a perfect single day at Disney, I'd start at MK, get my fill of magic, and then head over to Epcot for dinner and some more attractions. And yes, this is a day where LL and Genie+ would be musts! (at least for me)
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

If your goal is to avoid the biggest crowds, avoid MK on Saturday or Sunday.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: